PDA

View Full Version : High Pass Guard Faction

Necrognomicon
02-10-2017, 09:35 PM
just curious, about how many gnolls/orks would an Ogre Shadowknight have to kill to become non-KOS to the High Pass Guards? a thousand?

RDawg816
02-10-2017, 10:37 PM
I leveled my troll shaman there. Save the scalps and turn them in with a wolf form and you'll be ally before you leave. :)

Edit: The only one there that wants to kill me is that stupid ogre, and he is smart enough not to attack me.

Swish
02-11-2017, 01:34 AM
A lot I'd imagine. Do scalps give merchant faction? If so I might have to give this a look :p

RDawg816
02-11-2017, 03:05 AM
I'm not sure. I've never tried to use one on my troll.... sorry.

Sorn
02-11-2017, 04:11 AM
Scalps give Highpass merchant faction (merchant and bankers) along with a few others (freeport militia) but you'd need a lot. For an iksar monk it takes about 500-600 orcs/gnolls to be non-kos with the guards. Not sure on ogre shadowknights.

Aalderon Crystafire
02-11-2017, 04:13 AM
For a scalp...

Your faction standing with Highpass Guards has been adjusted by 2.
Your faction standing with Carson McCabe has been adjusted by 1.
Your faction standing with Merchants of Highpass has been adjusted by 1.
Your faction standing with Corrupt Qeynos Guards has been adjusted by 1.
Your faction standing with The Freeport Militia has been adjusted by 1.

If you start scowls (to the banker in Highkeep) you'll need somewhere between 1500-2000 scalps to be able to use the merchants in Highpass/Highkeep. ... and yes, there are NPCs in both zones that are not on either of these factions.

For a while we had the orcs/gnolls here giving CarsonMcCabe, MerchantsofHighpass and HighHoldCitizen faction on kills but that was recently fixed. Scalps are the only way now -- for Merchants, Citizen cannot be raised anymore.

Lifebar
02-11-2017, 10:23 AM
and yes, there are NPCs in both zones that are not on either of these factions.

That goddamn bard NPC in the courtyard...

Gumbo
02-11-2017, 02:36 PM
When I started my Necromancer, I spent hours in Highpass killing about 225 Orcs and turning in around 100 Orc scalps. I also killed around 180 Gnolls and turned in 105 gnoll scalps.

This made my faction Apprehensive to the Guards and Highpass Citizens but the Merchants still see me as Dubious. Same with HPK, Guards and Highpass Citizens see me as Apprehensive and Merchants see me as Dubious.

I always wondered about this because it would say my faction would go up with the Merchants but it wouldn't seem to change.