PDA

View Full Version : Old player / new player

plasma1010
02-09-2017, 03:45 PM
Hello

I am an original player who started actually I believe when Scars of Velious came out and ended around 2003. I bought up to Planes of Power and remember around 2003 - 2004 I wasn't very happy in the direction the expansions and game was going.

Well, Im pleased I found the 1999 Project. Im going to try and install Titanium and get the game rolling again.

I'm going to use my original name and my original character (Male Dark Elf). Probably nobody will remember me, but it would be cool if someone did !

I dont remember much of how to play at this time, but Im sure I'll remember when I get going. I know I never played in PvP server, just so I recall that's the server where players can attack each other ?

Look forward to meeting some of you when I can get this thing running.

Swish
02-10-2017, 02:06 AM
Welcome along OP, hope you managed to install everything properly. It's not easy but its worthwhile once you make it in.

Will you get out of Neriak without getting lost? That's the first test ;)

bum3
02-10-2017, 11:46 AM
Welcome. If your name was Noname on Turnare server. I remember you!

Guide.Chroma
02-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Welcome along OP, hope you managed to install everything properly. It's not easy but its worthwhile once you make it in.

Will you get out of Neriak without getting lost? That's the first test ;)

Second test is entering Nek without loading into a gray abyss. Make sure that you follow the getting started guide here: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

It'll walk you through few changes you need in the game files in order to play. Welcome, and don't hesitate to ask questions if you have them.

davidr
02-10-2017, 12:47 PM
Just started up recently too man, having a blast so far.

plasma1010
02-10-2017, 05:07 PM
Lol yeah all is well, I am exactly as I was in 1999 - 2000 name and all ...

Bazlekar
Dark Elf
Shadowknight

Took me an hour to get out of Nerriak Commons, currently in Nektulos Forest getting killed by spiders.

Uhm ... How do I get spells again ? Do I just get them when I level up ? Also, whats the name of that skeleton dungeon place I used to so frequent ?

plasma1010
02-11-2017, 09:07 AM
All is well, I got my original name and character

Bazlekar
Dark Elf - Shadowknight

Wish I had those old cloth maps though. Funny how my computer works so easily when in 1999 I was struggling to get the latest hardware upgrades in my tower.

Someone walk me through a little things I forgot ... do I have to find spells somewhere or do I just get them as I level ?

ALso, whats that skeleton dungeon I used to frequent ?

Brelic
02-14-2017, 06:07 PM
All is well, I got my original name and character

Bazlekar
Dark Elf - Shadowknight

Wish I had those old cloth maps though. Funny how my computer works so easily when in 1999 I was struggling to get the latest hardware upgrades in my tower.

Someone walk me through a little things I forgot ... do I have to find spells somewhere or do I just get them as I level ?

ALso, whats that skeleton dungeon I used to frequent ?

Just about to start in P99 myself. umm lets see if i remember correctly. To get spells you have to buy them from specific vendors. Also the place with the skeletons you are referring to is probably "Kurns Tower" which is off of the Field of Bone on Kunark.

jackd104
02-16-2017, 10:05 PM
If the dungeon was near Nektulos it was probably Najena in lava storm. Or possibly Befallen in west commons. And yes you must purchase spells from vendors, normally found at your class's guild hall in town. Skill trainer also located there.

plasma1010
02-17-2017, 04:20 PM
Thanks man, I discovered it was Befallen. I'm at level 5 now, looking for any local groups if anyone's around.

I'm confused about 2 other things ... why doesn't Harm Touch show up in my skills / abilities and I cant train it, yet it is a form of attack ?

Also, what is the use of my 'Combat Abilities' ? As far as I can tell I cant use them so why do I have them ?

Tenshi
02-20-2017, 08:44 AM
I'm not sure if you've checked this out yet...it's helped my n00bness ;)

http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie

plasma1010
02-28-2017, 08:17 PM
thanks very helpful ... can someone remind me of the name of those speed boots that the giant used to drop in North Ro ? it was a rare item that made you run faster.

kelsoider
02-28-2017, 09:01 PM
Journey Man's boots. Drops off of ancient cyclops.

plasma1010
03-01-2017, 08:30 AM
Journey Man's boots. Drops off of ancient cyclops.

is this still a thing ? I dont see it on the P99 WiKi I just see the quest.