PDA

View Full Version : WTB Laptop, need suggestions/help!

mefdinkins
02-08-2017, 12:48 PM
I'm doing more and more traveling and would like a decent laptop that can play p99, could handle a current gen game if I wanted to play. I've looked at the alienware 13, razr blade, asus rog, acer predator, MSI apache. Don't really want to spend more than $1500 on this.

I need a decent amount of disk space, really want SSD. My buddy told me I'm wasting money if I go with some of the "brand name" laptops like alienware or razr but there's some pretty positive reviews about many of them. I almost bought an alienware around black friday but was told to hold out for newer models. I don't want an annoyingly loud laptop (which is one of the common complaints I've seen about these models), would like a decent battery life, and I don't want a giant 17/18+ inch screen. I have a decent desktop so I don't need it to be a docking system or anything.

Anyone have any experience with these or advice/guidance!?

TLDR: WTB Gaming computer $1000-1500. Looking for SSD, decent disk space, prob 15.6 inch monitor, and want it to be reasonably quiet and easily portable!

bigjerry
02-08-2017, 01:16 PM
get a alienware they are actually a really good value nowadays

Sage Truthbearer
02-08-2017, 02:20 PM
TLDR: WTB Gaming computer $1000-1500. Looking for SSD, decent disk space, prob 15.6 inch monitor, and want it to be reasonably quiet and easily portable!

Most gaming laptops are bulky and have shitty battery life compared to regular laptops. Is that a tradeoff you're willing to make? If so, I would look at something like this ASUS. (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01578ZN0Q/?tag=thewire06-20&linkCode=xm2&ascsubtag=WC25026) With those specs it would perform very well for most new AAA games, it has good cooling, and a nice keyboard/screen. The SSD is a little small, and it's a 17", but it's a pretty good value for $1,650.

mefdinkins
02-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Thanks still looking!