PDA

View Full Version : "You cannot attach a debugger while playing Project 1999."

Loadsamoney
02-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Err...what?

Tried to come back to the game today, got this error, prevents me from playing. I get it when trying to launch the shortcut on my desktop, Launch_TItanium batch file in the directory, AND WinEQ2. No matter what I try, I get the same error.

What's causing this and how do I fix it? I'm on Windows 7.

Colvne
02-08-2017, 04:27 PM
I keep getting the same error no idea why

Gardur
02-08-2017, 06:07 PM
Its because rogean spies on your machine to see your running apps for anti cheat.

Turn off your antivirus

SteeleGaming
02-09-2017, 02:18 PM
Same problem here, turned off all my antivirus and redownloaded everything related to p99 (including my ISOs) and no dice, still getting this error.

I need my fix and don't want to go back to live, any other ideas?

Skinned
02-09-2017, 06:55 PM
Got this as well, I was on a couple hours ago. Going to try to reboot, etc.

Skinned
02-09-2017, 07:09 PM
Alright, it is related to anti-virus software. My wife did our taxes with Turbotax earlier and I think it installed McAfee with it or something because it was on my computer. I also have Avast AV and it clashed. I uninstalled McAfee (it never really goes away though), and disabled Avast until reboot, and my game is booting up. I would recommend making sure you don't have multiple anti-virus software programs running and try turning them off to log on.

Colvne
02-09-2017, 07:43 PM
i just made an exception in my virus software for eqgame.exe to be ignored and i no longer get this error

MilanderTruewield
02-10-2017, 07:59 AM
I had this problem since updating Avast last night. Created an exclusion for P99, and it works now.

odiecat99
02-15-2017, 02:35 PM
ty for this

RahlaeRuffian
02-17-2017, 04:58 AM
I uninstalled McAfee too but still running into this problem. As someone else said above, this problem happened after using Turbotax and I'm not sure how to fix it. I don't have Avast. I use Malware Bytes, HiJackThis, AVG, and Windows Defender or whatever that software is called that comes with a PC.

nectarprime
02-17-2017, 03:53 PM
I uninstalled McAfee too but still running into this problem. As someone else said above, this problem happened after using Turbotax and I'm not sure how to fix it. I don't have Avast. I use Malware Bytes, HiJackThis, AVG, and Windows Defender or whatever that software is called that comes with a PC.

Disable all active monitoring antivirus software and see if the issue persists.

RahlaeRuffian
02-18-2017, 12:35 PM
I did this and now I'm running into a new error...Please run Everquest.exe

Capybara
02-18-2017, 01:30 PM
Err...what?

Tried to come back to the game today, got this error, prevents me from playing. I get it when trying to launch the shortcut on my desktop, Launch_TItanium batch file in the directory, AND WinEQ2. No matter what I try, I get the same error.

What's causing this and how do I fix it? I'm on Windows 7.

I had the same problem when I was trying it on a friends computers. Bitdefenders Active Threat Control was the problem.

gnumbx
04-22-2017, 01:36 AM
Yep, setting an exception for eqgame.exe in Avast fixed this problem for me. Thanks!

Jimwise
04-22-2017, 02:26 AM
I often get the same error pop up. I use AVG antivirus and when I want to play eq I right click on the AVG icon and disable it for 15 mins. Strangely though after doing this I need to wait a minute or 2 before I can successfully start EQ.

mackenzie
02-15-2018, 10:21 PM
WOW thanks for the solution to this post, missed TRAK batphone cus i turned on my antivirus to surf the dark web......... ARGH. TRAK IS OBV MORE IMPORTANT THAN DRUGS!