PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Switch Hype is Reaching Critical Levels

saujee
02-06-2017, 08:41 AM
Any one else looking to get one of these? a true hybrid portable console. As a PC gamer myself I dont ever see my self getting a PS4 or an Xbox but this Nintendo Switch after doing some research on it looks mighty interesting.

katrik
02-06-2017, 10:09 AM
Me! My friend is paying me to stand in line for him. I will also get one. Very excited. I barely have the free time to play it.. so I'll finish Zelda eventually haha.

saujee
02-06-2017, 10:18 AM
The last nintendo console i got was a Game Cube. I think it is time! Wii and Wii U never appealed to me. But I am very attracted to this Switch I think it will be a gem.

Swish
02-06-2017, 10:19 AM
I think it's going to sink. Nintendo hasn't done anything remarkable since the Gamecube. If not for their own Mario/Zelda/etc games they'd have sunk long before now.

Look at what happened to the PS Vita, and do you honestly trust Nintendo not to release a "Switch 2" about a year from its release with upgraded this and that? How many versions of the DS did we have?

Sorry if I sound skeptical, but there's reason to be.

xKoopa
02-06-2017, 10:47 AM
Gotta agree with swish, nobody wants a gameboy in 2017

All nintendo does is service pokemon/mario/zelda fanboys

khanable
02-06-2017, 11:13 AM
I was going to but all the 2017 titles look dumb

Was hoping it would capture some of that dreamcast quirky magic but it just doesn't seem to be..

Muggens
02-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Switch is gonna do well Im sure

Sage Truthbearer
02-06-2017, 01:26 PM
Gotta agree with swish, nobody wants a gameboy in 2017

All nintendo does is service pokemon/mario/zelda fanboys

Uh, there's definitely a market for handheld consoles. Nintendo sold over 154 million Nintendo DS units. It's the second best-selling console in history next to the PS2.

Sirban
02-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Not buying that garbage. The last good thing nintendo released was the super nintendo

Baler
02-06-2017, 01:59 PM
If I can play P99 on the switch I may buy it.
otherwise lol pc>all

n64 and gamecube were dope. >:- (
I play them on pc now. lul

---

Nintendo always seems to do financially well. They have an excellent track records. I'm sure the switch will be a success.

Ya momma
02-06-2017, 02:02 PM
Mario kart + Zelda make it worthwhile at the least. Hopefully a super smash Bros.

Sirban
02-06-2017, 09:36 PM
My bad, love the n64

SEE ME IN DUKE NUKEM

Ya momma
02-07-2017, 12:43 AM
Oh shit forgot about thatclassic. Loved pipe bomb.

Hopefully we get a Goldeneye and Duke

saujee
02-08-2017, 10:18 AM
If you are a PC gamer Nintendo Switch will be the console of choice since the PC can do everything a playstation and xbox can do with games. Looking forward to getting a Switch. Its time to get back into Nintendo again. Switch is going to be great!
I predict greatness from this console.

saujee
02-08-2017, 10:20 AM
wii and wii u never released any good games, they promised and promised and still have not delivered a wii u zelda, metroid, mega man or anything good, the smash brothers they launched is a laggy pile of crap

mario kart was decent and mario 3d world was ok at best.

after those 2 massive failures i will never buy another nintendo console

I agree the Wii's were bad which is why I never bought one. However the switch will be different and will be worth it. If you are one of the unlucky ones who bought a Wii. I will understand if you dont want another Nintendo.

saujee
02-08-2017, 10:21 AM
Nintendo Switch will be the modern day Snes when the Snes took the world by storm.
Even if you are not into it you should keep an eye on its progress. I predict it is going to boom.
The Nintendo Switch will finally be able to truly set itself apart from the Playstation and Xbox and not be judged by its processing power.

Muggens
02-08-2017, 11:54 AM
NES was great and SNES the best. N64 I always thought terrible(because of antialiasing), but paved way for the industry. NGC was awesome, but didnt live up to its potential. Wii was excellent, but suffered without HD graphics/online community. WiiU was a piece of shit console in every way. Switch, lets hope it will be what NGC could not.

NecroP99
02-08-2017, 01:34 PM
I will be buying a Switch when they come out, mainly for 2 reason. 1) will be nice for traveling 2) Zelda

Never really been interested in Gameboy/DS/Other crap, but the Switch has made me reconsider. I basically only play PC these days so for me to buy a new system, the portable option is a must

Fasttimes
02-08-2017, 01:49 PM
There's still a good reason to own a wii or wii u. Softmodding. It's really simple to softmod and load homebrew or roms and they make great emulation htpc.

saujee
02-08-2017, 02:10 PM
I hope Nintendo Switch can win back Square Enix for them to make some final fantasy on it.
FF15 was announced in 2006 and Zelda breath of wind was announced on 2013.
Stylization > Realism.

bigjerry
02-08-2017, 02:11 PM
There's still a good reason to own a wii or wii u. Softmodding. It's really simple to softmod and load homebrew or roms and they make great emulation htpc.

woke

original wii is by far the best console since ps2 for this reason. also, Mario Galaxy was the only standout game of that gen

saujee
02-08-2017, 02:14 PM
So they say you will be able to play classic nintendo games online.

Snes - Rock N Roll Racing!

Bad to the Bone - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9bOsdHckhg

Born To Be Wild - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbATaj7Il8

Highway Star - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr9ie2J2690

Paranoid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNdB5-A9O7g

bigjerry
02-08-2017, 02:26 PM
netplay is a cute idea but I've had it on emu for a decade and only rarely bothered with it. and I can be at my computer when I do that instead of stuck in the passive chair.

couch coop and portability are the only things consoles offer, prove me wrong

Sage Truthbearer
02-08-2017, 02:38 PM

Yeah, I use my Steam Link for this. With RetroArch you can pretty much make it the ultimate emulation console.

Fasttimes
02-08-2017, 02:42 PM
If only dreamcast and psp core had better/updated cores retroarch would be my primary emulation needs.

saujee
02-08-2017, 02:52 PM
just stopping by to let OP know i didnt read any of this thread

You must be a PS4 fanboy Get out! Get out now you filthy animal!

/jokes

bigjerry
02-08-2017, 02:59 PM
after the PS2 they just became expensive bluray players

semiwoke

Sage Truthbearer
02-08-2017, 02:59 PM
If only dreamcast and psp core had better/updated cores retroarch would be my primary emulation needs.

Yeah sadly the Dreamcast core is horrible on it. Luckily I still have a working Dreamcast console so I'm not too upset about it especially since RA is solid for SNES, Genesis, N64, GB emulation.

saujee
02-08-2017, 03:18 PM
Hajime Tabata, the director of Final Fantasy XV, has significant interest in Switch.

Speaking about Nintendo’s console with French outlet Gameblog, Tabata talked about how he is looking forward to the platform as both a developer and a player. This is also the first time in awhile that he’s has had interest in creating titles for a Nintendo platform.

Tabata’s words in full:

“I’m very interested in this machine! As a player, but also as a developer. The Nintendo Switch that you can transform into a controller, that you can put into a dock, that you can move around with, on which you can replace elements.

It’s been a while that I’ve told myself that I would like to make games on a Nintendo machine, so if the Nintendo Switch could be that opportunity, I’ll be delighted!”

Muggens
02-08-2017, 03:31 PM

For sure, I love the Wii for modding. I "hardmodded" the wii back in the days along with softmod and recently started to use the Wii again after many years. Unfortunately I bricked the Wii modding on it now and have not yet the time to get deep into it to fix the error(IOS mixups - latest System Menu). Two Player ping pong on a projector is awesome.

Is WiiU a viable option to mod now? Can I get the same result as a Wii, ie: Emu of all old consoles, Wii, GCN, HDD backups etc? IF this is possible it should be better than regular Wii, as you have the touchpad to go along/can use all Wii peripherals.

Edit: If Im not mistaken WiiU only emulates Wii(does not have the Wii processing chips) but I might be wrong, if thats the case I guess Wii is still the only choice.

bigjerry
02-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Wii U would be an inferior option even with identical functionality. The controller is designed to be an expensive point of failure to drive hardware sales. You can't navigate the main menu of the console to open shit if the touch screen (made of soft cheap ass plastic) gets a tiny nick, even though no games utilize the touch functionality. lool

The business model now is to sell a recurring bill to children's parents who rationalize it at purchase time as a one-payment investment. It's pretty sick.

the thing you put your hands on has no business being expensive unless that grants the console portability or some kind of meaningful functionality. my keyboard cost $8 and i cum on it intentionally just to flex on newjack console tards, l8r nerds

Fasttimes
02-08-2017, 03:41 PM
Yeah sadly the Dreamcast core is horrible on it. Luckily I still have a working Dreamcast console so I'm not too upset about it especially since RA is solid for SNES, Genesis, N64, GB emulation.

Yea I use it for everything on my PC minus dreamcast (nulldc still crashes less) and psp (core is at 1.0.2 iirc and stand alone at 1.3.1?) plus wii/gc I use dolphin and cemu for wii u. Emulation scene is awesome atm with vulkan api, cemu, citra, rpcs3, and Xenia making waves.

Fasttimes
02-08-2017, 03:43 PM
I'm not sure on wii u softmod scene only messed with wii. Imo wii is cheapest htpc. But I still rather build a mini PC.

bigjerry
02-08-2017, 03:46 PM
im black irl wuts htpc stand 4

Fasttimes
02-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Home theatre personal computer

Edit: basically a device to stream movies, music, games to your tv.

Fasttimes
02-08-2017, 03:59 PM
https://www.patreon.com/posts/screenshots-of-8037876

Muggens
02-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Wii U would be an inferior option even with identical functionality. The controller is designed to be an expensive point of failure to drive hardware sales. You can't navigate the main menu of the console to open shit if the touch screen (made of soft cheap ass plastic) gets a tiny nick, even though no games utilize the touch functionality. lool

The business model now is to sell a recurring bill to children's parents who rationalize it at purchase time as a one-payment investment. It's pretty sick.

the thing you put your hands on has no business being expensive unless that grants the console portability or some kind of meaningful functionality. my keyboard cost $8 and i cum on it intentionally just to flex on newjack console tards, l8r nerds

Besides cumming on keyboards I agree with you. Its not just a business model pertaining childrens stuff, but everything from your kitchen knives to bathroom installations.

WiiU is terrible, I bought it outa habit for Nintendo things but more or less never used it. Tried to use just the pad for internet surfing but it has no range, loads pages super slow, fail to load many pages etc. Screen nicks and "bubbles" so quick too.
My theory is they made a Pad for Wii, but instead of launch it for Wii they reshelled it into a WiiU "new console" - my guess is they did not loose any money on it either.
I dont buy into the official numbers businesses/magazines report of venue.

Love my old electronics, I still watch tv on my old Sony or Bang&Olufsen CRT tvs, I find it easier on the eyes. I also use old Panasonic plasma tvs and Hitachi projector, all of whom I find produce better image than most new TVs. Modding old consoles are fun and having superCIC RGB modded machines like SNES and Genesis are great for visitors. Gotta use CRT then! I use VHS alot too and can port my old homemade action movies from SVHS easily using a DVD recorder. I still film on MiniDV.
Japan made so much good equipment back in the days.

Fasttimes
02-08-2017, 04:11 PM
The crt shaders are pretty baller on modern emulation. I know it's not playing it on real hardware but it's still nice medium.

saujee
04-08-2017, 07:25 AM
Anyone here enjoying the Nintendo Switch 1 month on? The Hype was real and I love my Switch.
Only problem I have with it now is waiting patiently for new games.
The Neo Geo games do not interest me.
If anyone is thinking of buying a Switch it wont be a bad idea to get one at the end of the year.

katrik
04-09-2017, 03:32 AM
Yooka Laylee is in.. a few days? And Mario Kart at the end of the month ; D

bigjerry
04-09-2017, 11:51 AM
i read on kotaku that jumpman gumdrop racing 27 will be the most LGBT-friednly jumpman gumdrop racing installment ever released for leapfrog thinkpad

recommending buying in

Spyder73
04-12-2017, 09:27 AM
RIP BJ - Your ambiguous drug addled transgender persona triggers me - but in my heart I cant quit you

Rick Sanchez
04-14-2017, 02:14 PM
Nintendo will never make any console that tops n64 and gamecube. ( I'm not counting the 3ds because its handheld.)