PDA

View Full Version : Wiki prices?

raengrey
02-03-2017, 12:02 PM
As someone new to the server, my level 11 shammy is struggling to get enough money for his level 14 spells, much less a magic weapon or armor.

My question is, are the prices on the wiki accurate? For example I have a high quality bear skin which the wiki says goes for around 30 plat. Is that right? Soon I can kill bandits (I'm in the Qeynos area) so that may help my financial difficulties some, but until then I'm trying to gather stuff to sell in EC.

Thanks.

EQBallzz
02-03-2017, 12:18 PM
I have found that the prices are generally pretty accurate. Especially if the dates of previous sales are recent. I'm not sure where the wiki gets that information (logs from EC or player input or what) but I have noticed some items seem to have some manipulative prices like several sales for 1 platinum which I assume is someone trying to skew the price or something. As for the HQ skin..30p is about right as those are used for making backpacks. You won't always find anyone to buy them but when they do they generally pay about 30p.

meadtj
02-03-2017, 08:39 PM
I have seen a many items not change in price for several years lol. So a lot of times even older items are accurate =op

Maliant
02-04-2017, 03:02 AM
Wiki prices are not accurate. Maybe for a few items but really since p99auctions went I don't think there is a reliable source, unless you know people who know the market well.

Gumbo
02-04-2017, 07:27 AM
99% of spells are sold by merchants so you don't even need to look at the Wiki page for prices.

Thanakos
02-04-2017, 04:24 PM
The wiki needs more people to consistently upload logs to be accurate.

Upload them here.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Special:AuctionTracker