PDA

View Full Version : Was there patches for the titanium client?

Baler
01-27-2017, 04:46 PM
With mmo games what comes on the disc is never what the live server version is at. You install the game from the disc and then connect to the patch server.

My question is was there patches to the titanium client after the disc installation? Before the next expansion or major client version?

Or is what comes on the titanium disc the end of support for that particular client in history. And is it just a Frankenstein of a client that they just added more and more stuff to? Thus meaning that the next patch or series of patches would not be what we define as the titanium client?

(I know another mmo that when patched was kept in the same era and the client similarly so. So you'd have a whole series of small patches before a major one, leading to an era change or game play change.)

I am curious about this for client stability reasons. I'm confident with people from the eqemu community that they've looked into this to see which particular client versions are the most stable.
I apologize for my post style.

Edit: And I know getting people to obtain titanium client is already a hoop for players to jump through. Making them dig up some ancient patch would be near impossible for some. That is, if there is improved stability in later patches.