PDA

View Full Version : Two Days of No Servers in Server Screen

DobyDoLittle
01-26-2017, 02:16 PM
I am trying to setup for the first time.
I have poured over the posts and tried all the fixes that I can find and still I have no servers in the server screen. I can log in and see the project 1999 EULA so it seems i'm in the right universe but I just cant get any servers to come up. My brain is like jelly at this point so if anyone is willing to help PLEASE tell me what info I can give so I might be able to fix this.
I've also tried pinging the host and still get a request time out. I have port 5998 manually opened and have reinstalled titanium 3 times. My drivers are all updated and I have never adjusted any bios settings. I have firewall exceptions for eqgame.exe and have accounts for both 1999 project and EQemu and they are linked. Theres more I have done but its all a blur.

DobyDoLittle
01-26-2017, 09:02 PM
I know this thread probably won't get much attention but just wanted to update as I go.
Will try some of the cpu fixes tomorrow since I am running a dual core AMD. Was kind of ignoring that in hopes I wouldn't have to take that route.

On the lighter side, in all my efforts the past couple of days I came across a file that had a bunch of Sony refrences in it, eqlsinfo maybe? I decided to get it out of there just in case it was redirecting me somehow so I moved it to a temp folder. It had no effect on my issue or the game starting but when I would exit it would throw up an erroneous message such as " You can't loot that lore item as you already have one in your inventory" or "A skeleton attacks you for 4 dmg".
Made me smile

Reidar
01-26-2017, 10:59 PM
Are you on wifi? Try direct ethernet into your router without wifi enabled and see if the issue remains.

DobyDoLittle
01-26-2017, 11:04 PM
Are you on wifi? Try direct ethernet into your router without wifi enabled and see if the issue remains.

The computer I'm using is direct connect, but I'll shut the WiFi off and try that when I get home. Thanks for the tip.

DobyDoLittle
01-27-2017, 01:47 PM
No, I'm connected directly. Will try shutting off wi-Fi and see if it helps. Thanks for the tip.

DobyDoLittle
01-27-2017, 09:58 PM

I'm trying for the third time to respond to this. It's been 24hrs and still my posts aren't making it to the board. Waiting moderator approval. The computer I'm using is direct conn to the router. I disabled the WiFi today but didn't help. But thanks for the suggestion, after 3 days I'm running out of ideas myself.

Reidar
01-28-2017, 10:23 PM
I would disable the firewall completely and see if it still happens, then maybe turn off the router for 30 seconds and back on. It must be a networking issue in any case. Could also try resetting the router back to factory defaults, but then you will have to set everything up again involving the wifi password, opened ports and so on. I would only try that if all else fails.

Tankdan
01-28-2017, 11:23 PM
Try logging in from a free VPN like Cyberghost, that might narrow down the problems.