PDA

View Full Version : Only Recognize Right Click on Sth When Mouse Doesn't Move

DocMoriarty
01-25-2017, 05:32 AM
I have a serious problem with constantly unintended right clicking stuff due to fairly easy improvable coding.

Basically i use the mouse to turn which means i'm constantly 'right clicking' when i turn.

Now playing a tank class this is really getting a problem since when a mob dies in front of me and i try to turn a bit i constantly get the loot window and can't continue to fight more mobs if i pulled a group.

Other annoying situations are when you are standing near an NPC or group of NPCs (merchants) and want to turn around. Everytime i turn it opens a merchant window.

2 Problems cause this:
- Extremely large click box on NPC's/corpses etc. You can right click sth even when the mouse is on the other side of the screen.
- Wrong recognition of 'right click' actions, that is a right click event is recognized always even when the mouse moves between the mousdown and mouseup event.

Solution:
- Smaller click box for NPC's/corpses
AND/OR
- Only recognize a 'right click' for opening corpses, merchant window etc. when the mouse doesn't move between the mousedown and mouseup events. Do this at least when turning with mouse is activated in options. I think this is how original EQ1 worked, at least i don't remember i ever had that problem in the original.

This would make the game a lot better playable while using the mouse to turn, especially when you are a tank because you will always power loot (even annoying when soloing) and worse you will not be able to fight multiple mobs unless you loot up dead corpses in front of you which is also bad unless you get rid of the habit of turning with the mouse which is even badder.

If anyone knows a good workaround please let me know.

polishanarchy
01-25-2017, 05:51 AM
/hidecorpse all

make it into a macro, enjoy :D

also, for reference:
/hidecorpse none (shows all hidden corpses)
/hidecorpse looted (hides a corpse after you open the loot window once)

DocMoriarty
01-25-2017, 05:55 AM
Thanks i found those too but doesn't really solve the problem well.

paulgiamatti
01-25-2017, 02:11 PM
If anyone knows a good workaround please let me know.

Provided this issue isn't classic, which it might be, it's something that's beyond the scope of the P99 developers to fix since it would require extensive modification of the client itself. Your only real solution is to change your playstyle - I tank often, and I never use mouselook.

nectarprime
01-25-2017, 02:41 PM
Use A and D to turn.

DocMoriarty
01-25-2017, 03:07 PM
Provided this issue isn't classic, which it might be, it's something that's beyond the scope of the P99 developers to fix since it would require extensive modification of the client itself. Your only real solution is to change your playstyle - I tank often, and I never use mouselook.

I actually thought the client is within the scope of project 1999 because adding zones/dlc's occasionally requires changes to the code. And my solution of recognizing a right click (as opposed to right move) only when the mouse doesn't move between mousedown and mouseup is simple enough and would make the game a lot more enjoyable for those who use mouselook. No more unintended loots, merchant windows, considers, ...

paulgiamatti
01-25-2017, 03:47 PM
I actually thought the client is within the scope of project 1999 because adding zones/dlc's occasionally requires changes to the code.

Those are server-side changes - nothing they do changes the Titanium client itself. Anything they change that affects how the client interacts with the server is done in a way that doesn't alter the client; forcing classic character models, removing buff timers in context menus, etc. That's all stuff they can do by forcing it in GlobalLoad or by just making server-side changes to the code. They definitely wouldn't be able to change something like right-click behavior without modifying the client in some way, since that's purely client-side behavior.

DocMoriarty
01-25-2017, 03:58 PM
So guess i need to find the correct place where the client is maintained, unless you know it.

Edit: Oops you mean they use the original EQ client? Now if that is the case it can be hard to get this fixed.

paulgiamatti
01-25-2017, 04:02 PM
The Titanium client is no longer supported, unfortunately. Also, even if you found a way to alter the code of the client itself, it would probably get you flagged & banned for cheating.

DocMoriarty
01-25-2017, 07:39 PM
Ah i thought P99 rewrote the client just using the original resources. Would be nice if Daybreak / SOE would make the Titanium client open source. But i still don't think the client had that problem playing original EQ1.

paulgiamatti
01-25-2017, 07:55 PM
Mouselook might have worked differently in the original classic and Trilogy clients, but that'd just be one more thing in a laundry list of other things that are wholly unclassic about the Titanium client. It'd be a trade-off either way; if they managed to get the Trilogy client to work with P99, for example, that would certainly make the experience much more classic, but you'd lose tons of what we consider basic features that are provided in Titanium - you'd have to say goodbye to half of the stuff in our current in-game options menu, and probably the ability to play at a resolution beyond 1152x864. I'm guessing the Trilogy client would need a massive overhaul to support modern hardware, at least.