PDA

View Full Version : Black Screen?

Shiftey
01-28-2011, 04:31 PM
So i just installed EQemu today off of an SoF download. I was able to log into other servers and decided to try Project 1999. I downloaded the UI and the spell file and attempted to log into the world. I got a black screen and was only able to see the arrow. I changed the comparability of the icon to Windows XP (i am running 7 atm). All my video drivers are up to date.. How can i fix this??

Nedala
01-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Did you follow this guide: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2651 ? you have to follow the instructions to play p99.

Francois
01-29-2011, 03:02 AM
My theory is that you were instantly blinded. Thoughts?

freakyuno
01-29-2011, 08:59 AM
So i just installed EQemu today off of an SoF download. I was able to log into other servers and decided to try Project 1999. I downloaded the UI and the spell file and attempted to log into the world. I got a black screen and was only able to see the arrow. I changed the comparability of the icon to Windows XP (i am running 7 atm). All my video drivers are up to date.. How can i fix this??

Edit your eqclient.ini file and set your game resolution to the same your desktop resolution is running at.

I've had some sucess when this happens, switching in and out of full screen mode, you can accomplish this by holding ALT and pressing ENTER.

stretch
07-24-2014, 09:46 PM
*I've had some sucess when this happens, switching in and out of full screen mode, you can accomplish this by holding ALT and pressing ENTER.

You're a genius my friend! Thank you! Worked like a charm! :D

mudd
03-12-2015, 10:23 PM
thank u soo much freakyuno - I tried everything and that worked