PDA

View Full Version : Installing..

Deester
01-15-2017, 02:39 PM
I downloaded titanium from a popular site.
I mount the ISO files and the installer doesn't start.
Looking on the virtual drives for each cd, there is an install, double clicking it just gives an error.
I get error 6001 which I looked up and says file could not be decrypted.

I am stuck.
Any ideas?

paulgiamatti
01-16-2017, 10:04 AM
Try redownloading - something might've gotten corrupted during the download. If that doesn't work, find a new source for Titanium and redownload. If the issue still persists then you probably have bigger problems than just EQ not working, and you might want to consider reformatting and reinstalling Windows. Barring that, defrag your hard drive and clean up your registry before downloading - uninstall useless stuff, delete unnecessary startup entries, etc. More than 10% fragmented disk space = bad.

From techfifty.org (http://techfifty.org/help/general/0x1771.html):
[Error 6001] and other critical errors can occur when your Windows operating system becomes corrupted. There can be numerous causes of this error including excessive startup entries, registry errors, hardware/RAM decline, fragmented files, unnecessary or redundant program installations and so on.

Deester
01-16-2017, 10:33 AM
Ok, I'll go for redownload.
Thanks for reply.

nectarprime
01-16-2017, 02:50 PM
I would first try a different ISO mounting program before you bother redownloading the client.

paulgiamatti
01-17-2017, 01:15 AM
Make sure you're running your ISO mounting program with administrative privileges as well.

I highly doubt it's the virtual drive that's the problem since the installer is throwing the error and not the virtualization program. Redownloading Titanium takes me like 5-10 minutes though, and my internet sucks, so in the interest of time you'd probably spend more finding and installing a different ISO mounter, though I would definitely try this if you're not confident in your current program. Here's another post which offers a messier solution if you still can't get it working and you're especially averse to reformatting/reinstalling Windows: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43910#7

1. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\Runtime

2. Rename all subdirectories to <name>.old. The subdirectories are individual versions of the InstallShield runtime. I don't know which one was used for Titanium.

3. Run your setup again, and it should work this time. You can probably delete the old runtimes as they are reinstalled when you run InstallShield -- but if you don't need to do so, just rename them back after you're done.

Deester
01-17-2017, 10:01 AM
OK, I went for redownload and found a different torrent that was P1999 specific instead of the straight titanium.
Worked great, no mounting.
Now running around Butcherblock awash with nostalgia.

Thanks for helpful advice will keep it in mind should an ISO issue come up again.

D.

Wrangler9
02-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Can anyone help me with a good link for the virtual titanium game download. I've been trying to search and can't find anything. I have Daemon downloaded just need the images now.

I also have hard copies of Titanium but my disk 1 keeps getting a data 2 transfer error (cyclic redundancy check). I've also tried everything to fix this before trying to download a virtual copy. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all

Salelor
02-06-2017, 11:23 PM
Can anyone help me with a good link for the virtual titanium game download. I've been trying to search and can't find anything. I have Daemon downloaded just need the images now.

I also have hard copies of Titanium but my disk 1 keeps getting a data 2 transfer error (cyclic redundancy check). I've also tried everything to fix this before trying to download a virtual copy. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all

I don't believe we're allowed to discuss potential websites for the titanium game downloads...

A quick warning for Deester however, be very careful in butcherblock... there are pirates down at the bay!

Wrangler9
02-06-2017, 11:49 PM
Not very computer savvy, all links wont bring anything up. Looks like a lost cause.
Thanks tho

Pooky
03-03-2017, 09:24 PM
Anyone willing to help me figure out with game setup please feel free to shoot me a message. Thank you!! :)