PDA

View Full Version : Spending 10k (Iksar Monk)

Brutal_X
01-15-2017, 02:35 AM
I've got 10k to spend on a new Iksar monk. I've got the ears, face, helm, neck, and wrists covered, however.

What are some of the ways I can most efficiently spend this money?

Thanks for any advice P99 community!

Jimjam
01-15-2017, 04:02 AM
Sell what you have and buy an iksar ceremonial chestplate, 20% haste and some cheap/fast/punchy weapon(s)?

You can fill other slots on trash, which at the starting levels will probably be just as effective as whatever else you wear. cloth, raw silk, curskin, mesh armor; whatever you can get for next to free.

Next investments: hp/ac rings and magic boots.

Weight reduction back packs (soiled bag and tink bag if you can afford it).

Fill high AC low weight slots after this. For slots where this isn't possible HP or MR might make good alternatives.

If you don't want to sell what you have then haste, weapons, h[/ac rings and WR backpack. Maybe Jboots if you want them and have the change.

Brutal_X
01-15-2017, 04:53 AM
Sell what you have and buy an iksar ceremonial chestplate, 20% haste and some cheap/fast/punchy weapon(s)?

You can fill other slots on trash, which at the starting levels will probably be just as effective as whatever else you wear. cloth, raw silk, curskin, mesh armor; whatever you can get for next to free.

Next investments: hp/ac rings and magic boots.

Weight reduction back packs (soiled bag and tink bag if you can afford it).

Fill high AC low weight slots after this. For slots where this isn't possible HP or MR might make good alternatives.

If you don't want to sell what you have then haste, weapons, h[/ac rings and WR backpack. Maybe Jboots if you want them and have the change.

Monks can't wear the chest plate unfortunately.

Jimjam
01-15-2017, 05:41 AM
WHAHAA? Ah, my mistake... I almost did the same thing on my ranger... damn near blew all my dkp on a Vindi chest I couldn't wear!

maskedmelon
01-16-2017, 01:17 PM
Schw, jade macex2, soiled bag, wu slippers/gloves, tink bag. Cheap, effective and decent quality of life.

Phantasm
01-18-2017, 08:00 PM
Pick up the best hp rings you can, an fbss, and weapons (2h seems to be more popular if soloing or tanking) with the extra plat you can save up for better upgrades or fill your empty slots. Buy some base grade wr bags and a handful of sow pots(until you can get jboots).

beel
01-20-2017, 07:28 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Wu%27s_Quivering_Staff

lots of bang for buck

mefdinkins
01-20-2017, 12:44 PM
Since you already have ears, face, helm, neck, wrists covered you I would prioritize:

Jade Mace x 2 (1800), 65 hp rings (1200), Silver Chitin Hand Wraps (2000), Large Soiled Bag (1000).

After that you have about 4k left to mess around with:

Spider Fur Belt 1000, Black Pantherskin Leggings 1000, Hooded Black Cloak 700, Iksar Hide Boots 650, Azure Sleeves 50, Drolvarg Mantle 25p, and a Wu's Quivering Staff for 100 to get up 2HB. Shit i forgot chest slot so Robe of the Oracle for fashion quest 100p.

That gives you straight 245 HP, 22% Haste, some other solid stats, decent AC, great starting weapons and a decent bag.

GinnasP99
01-20-2017, 02:10 PM
You might want to consider FBSS over SCHW. You'll still be able to use that worn haste when you get your epic

Jimjam
01-20-2017, 02:25 PM
I don't think the fbss vs schw issue is as big a one as it is made out to be;

Once you hit 46 you can tag along on a sky raid and loot one of the many Belt of Tranqility (http://wiki.project1999.com/Belt_of_Tranquility) that drop.

Even if you epic up at 50 you have 4 levels to get a haste redundant to the hand slot.

mefdinkins
01-20-2017, 02:38 PM
Yes, and FBSS is 1,500 or 2,000 more than SCHW with 0 stats and 1% less haste.

However, it's true there's better itemization for gloves and once you finish monk epic you never have to worry about hands slot for monk again. If you do go for FBSS you can grab a Iksar Scaled Gloves (10 ac, 3 str, 3 dex, 10 hp) for say 50 plat but those things are brutal b/c of the 4.0 weight.

If you stick with SCHW... by the time you're capable of completing epic you may have a sky haste belt or you can just swap out SCHW and buy a FBSS or other belt/back/helm haste item depending on your funds.