PDA

View Full Version : DAOC: Uthgard 2.0 - Hibernia P99 Group

Scrooge
01-10-2017, 03:54 PM
I just found out some of my old friends from Uthgard are playing in Hibernia, so that's where I'm headed. That roster I built up for the Uthgard Beta 8 months ago needs to be re-done. Alot of the people on it, either moved on or got tired of waiting for the server to come back up. It didn't work out so well last time cause I wasn't able to play in the beta, and no one else wanted to organize a P99 guild.

At last count we had "Uthgard 2.0 - Hibernia, P99 Guild Roster v5: 52 total." Let's see how many will be interested this time.

If you're playing in Hibernia (or plan to,) post your in-game name/class/level here, if you want to join our P99-themed group. I'll do this once I actually create a char in a few.

bigjerry
01-10-2017, 04:20 PM
daoc is gay

Scrooge
01-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Alright so I made: Hardy, L4 Mentalist.

bigjerry
01-10-2017, 07:46 PM
no1 is replying to ur gay thread except me saying it's gay

Scrooge
01-10-2017, 11:29 PM
Our group so far is: L7 Mentalist, L6 Animist, L7 Enchanter, L6 Hero, L6 Druid - and we'll have an Eldritch soon also. There are so many people playing this server 24/7 now, it's very easy to find players to group with at all times.

bigjerry
01-11-2017, 03:45 AM
thanks for the gay sex update

Scrooge
01-11-2017, 04:04 PM
We haven't made one yet, I'm not going to make a guild until we have a full group of P99ers playing together. Otherwise we might just join an existing one.

Secrets
01-11-2017, 05:14 PM
Hibernia again? Shiit, I might be down :P

Zekayy
01-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Re roll midgard

mrgoochio
01-11-2017, 07:42 PM
Might give this a shot again. If so, I'll roll Hibernia. IGN will be Chengysogood

Scrooge
01-11-2017, 08:47 PM
Might give this a shot again. If so, I'll roll Hibernia. IGN will be Chengysogood

What class are you going with? I'd highly suggest caster first but regardless of what you make you'll have a spot in our group. Just don't do a Stealther as a first char, unless you're into masochism.

I have another friend from Shards of Dalaya coming to join us tomorrow, he'll be an Enchanter. We'll be doing Pet Damage Shield Focus pulls until we can have some PBAOE action going on!

mrgoochio
01-12-2017, 02:40 AM
Rolled a Druid, made lvl 2 and realized I have no clue what I'm doing.

Scrooge
01-12-2017, 08:31 PM

It took me some time to get used to playing again also, I'm still adjusting at lvl 9. Make sure to do every quest you see in the starting area and stick to blue con mobs unless you group with others. Also get Kill Tasks from the roaming Sentry by doing '/whisper task', they give really nice XP and you only have to take down a single mob for it.

maskedmelon
01-12-2017, 08:36 PM

I realized this when I logged in. Also was disappointed that Innoccu are more like fish people or something... Thought they were dark elves :c

mrgoochio
01-12-2017, 11:11 PM
I realized this when I logged in. Also was disappointed that Innoccu are more like fish people or something... Thought they were dark elves :c

What's your character's name?

Might as well ask, what is everyone's character's names on Hibernia?

My char name is Chengysogood

So far made lvl 5

edit: i should also rephrase, I am not a druid yet. I forgot I have to "become" a druid and that is the next thing I have to figure out how to do..

mrgoochio
01-12-2017, 11:43 PM
Figured it out, I am now a druid :p

Zekayy
01-12-2017, 11:51 PM
Weather your on hibernia or albion or midgard, it doesnt matter we are all playing the same game and enjoying it with friends :)

Doors
01-13-2017, 12:32 AM
HIB SUCKS.

Scrooge
01-13-2017, 01:04 AM
Uthgard 2.0 - Hibernia, P99 Guild Roster

Scrooge - L9 Mentalist, Hardy
Signify - L10 Animist, Cralendo
Darren - L5+ Enchanter
mrgoochio - L5 Druid, Chengysogood
Tyal - L? Druid

I'll keep updating the roster as I get more confirmations of already made chars. Once we get 8 together, we can form a P99-themed guild.

bigjerry
01-13-2017, 02:55 AM
Hibernia is best, game sux tho

Scrooge
01-13-2017, 03:19 AM
It just takes getting used to, try grouping with random players in the starting area if you're having trouble adjusting on your own.

Stepper
01-14-2017, 01:58 PM
I'm in, albeit casually. No clue what to role haha

mrgoochio
01-14-2017, 02:34 PM
I'm in, albeit casually. No clue what to role haha

Post your char name. I've been searching for players online from this thread but still no luck so far. I'm about lvl 7 now.

I thought druid was kinda like EQ cleric but so far it seems more like EQ shaman which is great. I've got a bunch of buffs and a pet

Kotopes
01-14-2017, 03:55 PM
Zluka lvl 25 mana mentalist

It's pretty fun at least there will be things to do at max lvl other than poop in dat s0ck!

Stepper
01-14-2017, 08:36 PM
Stepper. Level 1 stealther hah

Scrooge
01-15-2017, 12:09 AM
I haven't been on the past couple of days for health reasons, but I'll try to be around more often to organize groups and such. Hardy is still level 9 Mentalist, Mana-spec for the time being; mana regen, heal over time and dots. Which spec did you go with the Druid, mrgoochio?

Check this out if you haven't yet, it'll help you plan your char out a little better. http://play.nixian.eu/index.php?page=charbuilder&class=druid

I'll update the roster soon!

coki
01-15-2017, 12:35 AM
hib cucks, re-roll sigh

Scrooge
01-15-2017, 01:27 AM
Stepper. Level 1 stealther hah

Try a Valewalker if you want a unique melee/caster hybrid, they use a Scythe as a weapon and have some nice spells like a self-haste buff and self-proc buffs. I may try one myself in the near future.

mrgoochio
01-15-2017, 01:32 AM
So far I've put 5 into Nurture, not entirely sure what I'm doing.

Scrooge
01-15-2017, 01:46 AM
So far I've put 5 into Nurture, not entirely sure what I'm doing.

That's the right way for buffs, however I'd strongly suggest you invest 5 into Regrowth asap for the first 'Major Heal', it'll help you heal in groups tremendously while maintaining mana. What time of day are you normally around in EST?

mrgoochio
01-15-2017, 02:18 AM
i play evenings, west coast time typically.. I'll prob add into regrowth when I get some new points!

Dillian
01-15-2017, 02:44 AM
im playing Pmed you scrooge. Off to give ladie sweet sweet lovings then back on to DAoC!

Scrooge
01-15-2017, 03:29 AM
Uthgard 2.0 - Hibernia, P99 Guild Roster v2

Scrooge - L9 Mentalist, Hardy
Darren - L5+ Enchanter
mrgoochio - L7 Druid, Chengysogood
Tyal - L5+ Druid
Kotopes - L25 Mentalist, Zluka
Stepper - L? Stealther?
Dillian - L? Enchanter, Cornflake

I'll keep updating the roster as I get more confirmations of already made chars. Looks like we have 8 confirmed players so far, and I'm sure we'll find more in-game who are also from P99 but maybe haven't posted in this thread yet. Be sure to tell your friends to post here if they want to be a part of our P99-themed group.

Stepper
01-15-2017, 10:04 AM
Alright I logged off at 2am and after a reroll, I'm a level 7 or 8 lurikeen ranger.

Should we get a Discord or something going?

Dillian
01-15-2017, 04:05 PM
ahh the queue is horrible this weekend. 3 hour wait. wont be on prolly till after the greenbay dallas game though

Stepper
01-15-2017, 08:01 PM
Alright, decided to reroll thanks to Scrooge. Going to be making a blademaster named Bigsteps.

Scrooge
01-15-2017, 09:07 PM
Alright, decided to reroll thanks to Scrooge. Going to be making a blademaster named Bigsteps.

You don't have to reroll if you like what you're playing man, I was mostly saying don't make a Nightshade as a first char is all.

Dillian
01-15-2017, 10:23 PM
scrooge im level 8 now

Scrooge
01-15-2017, 10:27 PM
scrooge im level 8 now

Nice man, which spec are you doing so far?

Dillian
01-15-2017, 11:57 PM
not sure yet really thinking of going mana spec

Dillian
01-15-2017, 11:57 PM
restarts are done. Log in btw! =P

Stepper
01-16-2017, 12:12 AM
You don't have to reroll if you like what you're playing man, I was mostly saying don't make a Nightshade as a first char is all.

Yeah, I know. But I did and I gotta say I am having an easier time as BM than Ranger.

Scrooge
01-16-2017, 12:48 AM
I'm a little conflicted about whether to stay a Mentalist or go with something different, like a Void Eldritch or Warden or Champion or Valewalker...

Scrooge
01-16-2017, 06:30 AM
Have you guys started organizing P99 groups any yet?

mrgoochio
01-16-2017, 01:40 PM
I played with Corn a little yesterday, I'm level 10 Druid now

edit: the only other person I've seen online is Stepper for what its worth

Fifield
01-16-2017, 04:30 PM
It makes me sad that the end game of DAOC is so elitist with their RVR groups, only inviting certain classes with certain specs but thats the reality i've come to understand.

Midgard is no different, everyone wants certain classes for PVE or RVR.

Keep these updates, I love learning more about Hibernia, whichc class of yours turns into the deer? is it hero? I remember fighting deers

Scrooge
01-16-2017, 07:43 PM
Yea, the Heroes can morph into humanoid stags, which adds +25% to their max hp as well. I'm not too worried about the 8v8 mentality, it's all the more reason for people here to create their own groups and play the game the way they want to play the game. I don't agree that any class which doesn't get a certain ability like Determination is useless in RvR, every class brings something to the table, you just have to keep an open mind and consider the fact that there is more than one way to get something done in a game like this, just like in EQ.

Scrooge
01-16-2017, 09:15 PM
I have to run some errands, but I'll be on in a couple of hours if anyone else here wants to form a group with me - around 10PM EST.

I'll update the HIB-P99 roster when I get back also.

Bazia
01-16-2017, 09:30 PM
mmo players ruin mmo emus these days, take all the replayability out of the game when they force everyone to play 15 year old builds we are sick of to death

mrgoochio
01-16-2017, 09:41 PM
I'm lvl 11 druid now, server had to reboot so I'm going to take a break. had a decent group just starting up at curms too :/

Nymphomancer
01-16-2017, 10:01 PM
How are rangers? I'm kinda interested in trying this out but so few of Hib's classes look interesting to me.

Scrooge
01-16-2017, 11:53 PM
How are rangers? I'm kinda interested in trying this out but so few of Hib's classes look interesting to me.

They're considered a Stealther type; Stealth, Bows, self-buffs, however they won't get a group easily according to some. I'd suggest going with anything other than a stealther type class if you want to learn the game first and roll a Ranger later.

Dillian
01-16-2017, 11:57 PM
level 11 now. about to log in in about 15 to 20 mins. Im in a guild called Entry Level Warriors for the time being

Scrooge
01-17-2017, 12:40 AM
level 11 now. about to log in in about 15 to 20 mins. Im in a guild called Entry Level Warriors for the time being

Nice man! We could build a really nice group around you (ench), me (ment), and mrgoochio (druid).

Faited
01-17-2017, 03:10 AM
It makes me sad that the end game of DAOC is so elitist with their RVR groups, only inviting certain classes with certain specs but thats the reality i've come to understand.

Midgard is no different, everyone wants certain classes for PVE or RVR.

Keep these updates, I love learning more about Hibernia, whichc class of yours turns into the deer? is it hero? I remember fighting deers

Agreed! Please keep the updates coming, it's interesting to hear/read.

Back on live, coming from EQ where I loved my Rogue, I made a Lurikeen Nightshade. Boy was it rough. It didn't help that I really didnt know anyone else playing the game (me & my guildies were still hardcore in the EQ raid scene) so soloing was such a chore. Think I gave up around lvl 25. Due to that, never really liked Hib. A RL buddy wanted to play but he wanted the Camelot experience so we both made Friars but we didnt stick w/it.

On Uth, I went Midgard. In the beta, its the realm I chose cuz I'd never tried it & I really liked the diversity in races. The classes seemed fun. But Fifield is right, the whole min/max mentality & the elitism kills it for me but I've been having fun playing my Skald (god I love the faster speed!) & my alt a Thane. Hope to cya folks out in RvR. Til then, keep up the updates pls.

Scrooge
01-17-2017, 04:45 AM
They're finally doing something that will help reduce the queue wait times! Until yesterday, players were able to idle in char select for many hours without actually playing, now they've created a timer for it.

https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=39783

We have a new idle timer for the char screen. You will get disconnected if you are there for too long.

Aata
01-17-2017, 04:57 AM
That's good to hear. I think the wait timers are definitely putting some people off playing, especially if you can only log on peak- hours.

Scrooge
01-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Another friend of mine is starting up today with an Elf Enchanter, so I've made another char cause I want to test out the Void spec, an Elf Eldritch - names are Froldo and Spazz if anyone wants to group with us right from lvl 1 on up, we'll be starting in Mag Mell.

Fifield
01-17-2017, 03:49 PM
Uthgard is the most competitive and best PVP Game ever created, if you form an 8 v 8 and have the wrong classes and wrong spec's you are guaranteed to lose every fight.

From what i remember from live DAOC, i was very young mind you, i never hit any 8v8 groups, we always ran around as a guild defending the keeps, defense was our job.

So how does this 8v8 work? like what stops a group from rolling with 12 and just wrecking the dumbasses that only bring 8 people? I never played uthgard 1.0 so not really sure on the way they do things here.

And thanks for the info ahead of time, being a noob to a game like this and learning all over again is probably the best time i've had on mmo's in awhile.

Evia
01-17-2017, 06:12 PM
once this queue time is over ill be joining. im not 100% sure if im still gonna do ranger or bard though. we will see.

Evia
01-17-2017, 07:26 PM
going ranger. characters name is Resken. hmu in game.

mrgoochio
01-17-2017, 10:53 PM
less than a bubble from 15, wheres everyone at :(

Scrooge
01-17-2017, 11:45 PM
I'm currently on a Void Eldritch, Spazz, running a lvl 7-9 XP group in Lough Derg, we haev 1 spot open.

Scrooge
01-18-2017, 01:59 AM
Alright so we got to level 10 on first night.

Scrooge
01-18-2017, 04:00 AM
Uthgard 2.0 - Hibernia, P99 Guild Roster v3

Scrooge - L9 Mentalist, Hardy / L10 Eldritch, Spazz
Froldo - L9 Enchanter
mrgoochio - L15 Druid, Chengysogood
Tyal - L5+ Druid
Kotopes - L25 Mentalist, Zluka
Stepper - Blademaster, Bigsteps
Dillian - L8 Enchanter, Cornflake

I'll keep updating the roster as I get more confirmations of already made chars. Looks like we have 8 confirmed players so far, and I'm sure we'll find more in-game who are also from P99 but maybe haven't posted in this thread yet. Be sure to tell your friends to post here if they want to be a part of our P99-themed group.

If you're supposed to be on the roster but aren't, just make a post and I'll add you to the next update!

Kender
01-18-2017, 04:17 PM
got a level 5 animist who i'll use as a farmer or keep defence maybe but only casual. got a level 1 will be hero guy too but will work on animist so I can afford to tradeskill the hero

Scrooge
01-18-2017, 06:44 PM
got a level 5 animist who i'll use as a farmer or keep defence maybe but only casual. got a level 1 will be hero guy too but will work on animist so I can afford to tradeskill the hero

What's your char's name and what spec are you going with?

We'll be doing an XP group real soon, in about 30min or so, soon as me and a friend get past this queue. We're parked in TNN/Mag Mell.

Kender
01-18-2017, 07:08 PM
I'm at work so cant get on right now. Name is Klyde. will be able to play at this time next week. Only played for an hour or so last night while I relearned how to do everything. hit 5, trained as ani and camped. levelling will be much easier now I can plant turrets

Scrooge
01-19-2017, 02:43 AM
Be sure you guys check out the Battlegrounds before leveling out of their range limits! Get yourselves some practice before L50 RvR, and make your leveling a little easier with the RAs you'll pick up on the way.

Abermenai - Levels 15-19 - Highest allowed realmrank: 1L2
Thidranki - Levels 20-24 - Highest allowed realmrank: 1L3
Murdaigean - Levels 25-29 - Highest allowed realmrank: 1L5
Caledonia - Levels 30-35 - Highest allowed realmrank: 1L9

Kender
01-19-2017, 04:15 PM
seems highly unbalanced in favour of mids. guess there are too many that like the easy road. only basing this off mids holding all the keeps in the frontiers (all 3 realms keeps) as I'm only level 8 and haven't done any rvr yet. need a hib keep raid that allows lowbies to tag along for some free RP's to help levelling hehe. really need some power regen to help lay down the shroom farm

Kotopes
01-20-2017, 02:13 AM
Don't worry about it, server is still new and not settled down. Hibs were almost always the underdogs, and Mids will get bored soon fighting guards at keeps. Many will switch realms to have more targets and more fun.

Please add me to roster as lvl 13 eldritch (Littlemouse) as well, gonna make a BG toon to have fun when there are no groups for my mentalist.

mrgoochio
01-20-2017, 02:22 AM
Hit 20 earlier tonight

Scrooge
01-20-2017, 05:34 PM
seems highly unbalanced in favour of mids. guess there are too many that like the easy road. only basing this off mids holding all the keeps in the frontiers (all 3 realms keeps) as I'm only level 8 and haven't done any rvr yet. need a hib keep raid that allows lowbies to tag along for some free RP's to help levelling hehe. really need some power regen to help lay down the shroom farm

You've got that right, Midgard has it very easy with PvE so they're way ahead of the other 2 realms. Alot of them just rushed to 50 and are now taking keeps all day cause they got nothing better to do. It's why I tell people to take their time and enjoy the content, unless you want to burn yourself out and quit 2 weeks later.

Update: Spazz is now L14 Eldritch, Froldo is now L14 Enchanter, Kralendo is now L14 Animist.

Kender
01-20-2017, 05:52 PM
They need 2 servers. these queues in prime are terrible. my normal times there are no queues though at least

Scrooge
01-20-2017, 10:21 PM
They need 2 servers. these queues in prime are terrible. my normal times there are no queues though at least

The queue turns from 200 to 2000 in the course of 1 hour, from 11:30AM EST to 12:30PM EST, and stays that way until 6:30PM EST just about. Although sometimes I've seen the queue persist even throughout US prime time, but nowhere near as bad as it gets during EU prime time.

What time of day are you normally on with your Eld and what spec did you go with?

mrgoochio
01-21-2017, 01:20 AM
Im in west coast USA and sometimes queues are long, but I usually get in within an hr.. No queue right now either

Scrooge
01-21-2017, 04:11 AM
Just an FYI for you guys, wondering about the P99-themed group I'm trying to organize, I haven't been playing as much as I normally would cause I'm still waiting on a couple more friends to start in several days. I had to mail one a DVD with the pre-patched client cause they had problems downloading it and have a monthly quota with their ISP. Once they start up though I'll be alot more active with this thing here, if you're all still interested.

mrgoochio: have you checked out the rvr in the bgs yet?

mrgoochio
01-21-2017, 05:00 AM
Not yet, half of my equipment is still grey---, just learning different leveling spots and picking up xp and gear as i move around.

Scrooge
01-21-2017, 08:02 AM
Not yet, half of my equipment is still grey---, just learning different leveling spots and picking up xp and gear as i move around.

You don't really need perfect gear to RvR in the battlegrounds, everyone there will be wearing bad gear anyway. The BGs have a level range limitation, so once you level out of that range you can no longer go there, last BG stops at lvl 35. If you want to have an easier time leveling and get to practice group RvR, I'd strongly suggest you don't rush through the levels and take the time to experience the BGs on the way up.

chtulu
01-21-2017, 05:38 PM
im playing. lvl 9 enchanter
name is Nyralathope

Kotopes
01-22-2017, 10:30 AM
Work on a melee, Hero or BM

mentalist most popular class in hib and 90% of them are worthless, only good for focus pulling groups and no place in real RVR

Kinda sucks to be a tank atm due to crap equipment and whatnot :)

Elds are wanted however, and from my old days in 2003 I remember they were extremely fun in BGs and big boy RVR.

Scrooge
01-22-2017, 07:03 PM
I may have to resume playing the Mentalist I made first, he's still level 9, cause even though there are so many already playing the class - most don't know what they're doing.

Scrooge
01-24-2017, 03:03 AM
Uthgard 2.0 - Hibernia, P99 Guild Roster v4

Scrooge - L14 Mentalist, Hardy (primary) / L14 Eldritch, Spazz
Froldo - L15 Enchanter, Froldo
mrgoochio - L21 Druid, Chengysogood
Tyal - L5+ Druid
Kotopes - L25 Mentalist, Zluka / L13 Eldritch, Littlemouse
Stepper - Blademaster, Bigsteps
Dillian - L8 Enchanter, Cornflake
Kender - L8 Animist, Klyde
chtulu - L9 Enchanter, Nyralathope

I'll keep updating the roster as I get more confirmations of already made chars. Looks like we have 9 confirmed players from these forums so far, and I'm sure we'll find more in-game who are also from P99 but maybe haven't posted in this thread yet. Be sure to tell your friends to post here if they want to be a part of our P99-themed group.

If you're supposed to be on the roster but aren't, just make a post and I'll add you to the next update!

P.S. I'm playing the Mentalist again until we find one that doesn't make me worry! Just got him level 14 last night for some of that awesome POM2 action! Send me a tell in-game if you want to group with us, or post your play times here and we can pre-organize a group.

chtulu
01-24-2017, 03:04 PM
scrooge when do you play? we could do some awesome duoing with my pet focus pulling.

surron
01-24-2017, 04:19 PM
i heard of mass people leveling in summoners hall on midgard 35+... what does that mean, and is that like what you're talking about for hibernia Cave Troll?

mrgoochio
01-25-2017, 01:11 AM
Hit 30 on my druid tonight.. tbh most of the ppl I've seen post their char names in this thread are either taking a break from DAoC or only play once a week. Most of the people on my friends list that were higher lvl than me are now still only around lvl 10-13.

I am not leveling particularly fast either..

Scrooge
01-25-2017, 05:18 AM
scrooge when do you play? we could do some awesome duoing with my pet focus pulling.

I'm usually starting a session around at about 4PM EST, or earlier if the queue lets me in - it's rare but it's been known to happen! Though sometimes I'm on late at night in the EST also if I cannot sleep so well.

i heard of mass people leveling in summoners hall on midgard 35+... what does that mean, and is that like what you're talking about for hibernia Cave Troll?

Summoner's Hall is the highest level RvR dungeon in the frontiers, the entrance mobs are very tough but give very solid exp also, when I played Midgard last time on this server in 2013, they were doing these open public battlegroups to boost the realm's population for level 50 RvR. It's actually a dungeon within a dungeon.

I got 32 with my ench last night, almost high enough to level in the bog

as a note to anyone low level or considering playing, Hibernia has too many mentalists, druids, bards and enchanters

literally no point at all in making one as you will not get any type of RVR group , we need MELEE

You say there are too many of those classes, and there's no point in making one yet are playing it at the same time? Anyway it doesn't matter how many classes there are, cause not everyone plays at an equal skill level. I rerolled an Eldritch to try out something different, and in all the groups I've been with a Mentalist in it, there was only 1 who knew what they were doing, cause they think all it takes is spamming HoT and buffing POM to play the class, hence why I went back to playing my first char - atleast until we can find a Ment I'm comfortable relying on.

Hit 30 on my druid tonight.. tbh most of the ppl I've seen post their char names in this thread are either taking a break from DAoC or only play once a week. Most of the people on my friends list that were higher lvl than me are now still only around lvl 10-13.

I am not leveling particularly fast either..

Wtg man! Have you checked out any of the BGs yet?

I'm going at a much slower pace than I normally would because I chose to wait for some of the people to start playing their chars again and some who are just starting up on their first chars. Also trying out some classes I normally do not play, to make a somewhat fresh and interesting experience playing the game.

I'm not really in it for leveling straight to 50 this time around, I just want to game with the people on the roster so we can have our own RvR group by the time we're 50 instead of having to rely on PUGs. Me and Froldo have been going at a rate of 2-3 levels a day when we're both on, but we don't play every single day either - although if the people on the roster will start playing more often, so would we.

Update: Hardy is now a L16 Mentalist and Froldo is a L18 Enchanter.

mrgoochio
01-25-2017, 07:59 PM
Boxing is not allowed on the server and I believe it is cause for all of your accounts to be perma banned.

Scrooge
01-26-2017, 02:16 PM
Is anyone here interested in making a Melee-oriented group in Hibernia? To start with we'd have:

Scrooge - Warden
Kyndig - Blademaster

We'd be doing this mainly during US Prime Time, so after 6PM EST.

chtulu
01-27-2017, 02:42 PM
i have a lvl 9 hero

DudeStop
01-27-2017, 03:11 PM
Queue times are terrible. Gone from 1500 something to 1380 in 30 minutes. how does anyone actually play this?

Scrooge
01-27-2017, 06:10 PM
Queue times are terrible. Gone from 1500 something to 1380 in 30 minutes. how does anyone actually play this?

It's all the blatant use of macros to craft and bypass server queue by logging in a char in the morning when there are no queues, and turning a macro on then leaving the char logged in for the rest of the day while AFK. Until about a week ago, server queue on weekend would improve by 500 players per hour, now it goes at approx 150-200 per hour on regular week days.

Scrooge
01-28-2017, 04:28 PM
Looks like they've finally upgraded the servers, cause there's 4500 players on with no lag, and queue is only a few hundred now.

Viprous19
01-28-2017, 06:23 PM
Yup they updated yesterday night NA time. New set of problems though, no where to gain exp. 1200 to 1600 a realm all fighting for exp camps haha
SI needs to come out soon. Though once people do hit 50 the RvR scene should be amazing.

DudeStop
01-29-2017, 12:06 AM
Do you guys enjoy the pve? I have next to no experience with the game. Lvled to 6, basically just wandered around in a big group zerging anything we saw which got pretty boring...just curious if it's only like that at low lvls...

Scrooge
01-29-2017, 01:12 AM
Do you guys enjoy the pve? I have next to no experience with the game. Lvled to 6, basically just wandered around in a big group zerging anything we saw which got pretty boring...just curious if it's only like that at low lvls...

What's your char's name and class? I'm trying to organize a melee group right now, so we can all level together, and me and Kyndig are both long-time DAOC players so if you want to learn the game quickly and have fun doing it, join us!

Right now we have:
Scrooge - Warden L1
Kyndig - Blademaster L5
chtulu - Hero L9

We need: Bard, Druid, Mentalist, that would leave 2 more spots for DPS - maybe 2 bombers so we can rack in that AOE XP!

Our other chars currently are: Scrooge (L17 Mentalist-mana/L20 Eldritch-void), Kyndig (L15 Eldritch-mana), Froldo (L22 Enchanter-mana).

DudeStop
01-29-2017, 01:14 PM
Dayle - lvl 6 blade master. But I would probably rather play a caster or bard. I saw posts saying that Hib needs melee so I made a melee.

Sirban
01-29-2017, 03:17 PM
DAoC is a big steaming pile of shit

Scrooge
01-30-2017, 12:13 AM
Update: Scrooge (Hardy) - L21 Mentalist/L20 Eldritch, Froldo - L25 Enchanter, Kyndig - L15 Blademaster. If anyone wants to join our premade group build-up, just say so here and we'll get you setup and help you level if you're close enough to get XP with us.

magician
01-30-2017, 01:14 AM
See you retards real soon

http://i.imgur.com/zrKGma8.jpg

Scrooge
01-30-2017, 04:16 AM
Wow that looks boring...I'm so glad I don't have to do what you're doing.

Scrooge
02-05-2017, 03:02 AM
Minor update: Hardy, L30 Mentalist + Froldo, L28 Enchanter + Kyndig L32 Blademaster.

bigjerry
02-05-2017, 03:13 AM
damn that is one ugly ass game. makes eq look #swag

Scrooge
02-07-2017, 02:48 AM
Had some good RvR action in Caledonia yesterday, got 1L6 and L34 off some Mids!

Scrooge
02-09-2017, 09:31 AM
I don't really care about things like levels or RPs man, I play for the fun of the RvR itself, and the PvE too when the opportunity presents itself. I've already made some good friends from going to the BG, with whom I know I'll be doing RvR at level 50 also.

bigjerry
02-11-2017, 04:30 PM
worst game ive ever played.

cant believe i wasted time installing it

it is really awful

Scrooge
02-13-2017, 09:17 AM
Many first-timers to EQ say the exact same thing...you need to actually play the game past level 3 to see what it's all about. It's just like if you judge EQ when you're level 1, cause all you'd see are the ancient out-dated graphics. I've always had a much easier time bringing EQ people to DAoC, than the other way around, and once they've experienced what it's like to play with a group like the ones they're used to in EQ, they get to see why DAOC's PvP system is still considered to be the best to this day.

I've started this thread mainly to help DAOC first-timers coming from EQ, get started and actually have a good time playing, but because of the huge amount of players trying to play all at the same time, the queue system made it very hard to maintain a constant group.

Anyway, I've stopped leveling my main char the Mentalist at level 35, cause I'm 1L8 and want to keep having the option to RvR at mid-level rather than grinding non-stop and *maybe* experiencing it at 50. I've made a Warden (Detfree) a few days ago, and I'm enjoying it quite well so far, he's level 12 - if anyone here is starting a new char or already have one around levels 8-14, make a post here and we can form a group. A friend of mine has a level 15 Valewalker he's been grouping with me, and we're making friends from nearly every group we make. Also, from what I've seen the battlegrounds are becoming more and more active now, especially Thidranki (levels 20-24) and Caledonia (levels 30-35), so that's currently our destination with the melee/hybrid chars we've made!

My friend also happens to be a Weaponcrafter, so if you're playing a melee at lower levels, he can make you something way better than any drops you can get at those levels.

Scrooge
02-13-2017, 09:29 AM
Nothing like actually leveling off of RvR!

https://s15.postimg.org/taop3yl3v/ding35.jpg

Doors
02-13-2017, 06:11 PM
DAoC is awesome and the RvR is really solid.

Approaching level 50 just hit 47 last night. Can't wait to smash Hibbies.

bigjerry
02-13-2017, 06:20 PM
Many first-timers to EQ say the exact same thing...you need to actually play the game past level 3 to see what it's all about. It's just like if you judge EQ when you're level 1, cause all you'd see are the ancient out-dated graphics. I've always had a much easier time bringing EQ people to DAoC, than the other way around, and once they've experienced what it's like to play with a group like the ones they're used to in EQ, they get to see why DAOC's PvP system is still considered to be the best to this day.

I've started this thread mainly to help DAOC first-timers coming from EQ, get started and actually have a good time playing, but because of the huge amount of players trying to play all at the same time, the queue system made it very hard to maintain a constant group.

Anyway, I've stopped leveling my main char the Mentalist at level 35, cause I'm 1L8 and want to keep having the option to RvR at mid-level rather than grinding non-stop and *maybe* experiencing it at 50. I've made a Warden (Detfree) a few days ago, and I'm enjoying it quite well so far, he's level 12 - if anyone here is starting a new char or already have one around levels 8-14, make a post here and we can form a group. A friend of mine has a level 15 Valewalker he's been grouping with me, and we're making friends from nearly every group we make. Also, from what I've seen the battlegrounds are becoming more and more active now, especially Thidranki (levels 20-24) and Caledonia (levels 30-35), so that's currently our destination with the melee/hybrid chars we've made!

My friend also happens to be a Weaponcrafter, so if you're playing a melee at lower levels, he can make you something way better than any drops you can get at those levels.

I played it to level cap, it sucks. did not read most of this

skarlorn
02-13-2017, 07:05 PM
worst game ive ever played.

cant believe i wasted time installing it

About how I felt.

The dude I was gonna roll with whined that I just wasn't spending the requisite month + to start enjoying it.

Lawl

maskedmelon
02-13-2017, 07:16 PM
I think I replied to this before I fell in the assault on titan and three weeks of forum life were ripped from me, but I did not care for it either :c for me it was the interface and character models. the world is pretty ugly too :c

Scrooge
02-15-2017, 08:41 AM
The Warden is now level 20, and really looking forward to the RvR in Thidranki - if anyone's got a char around this level (20-24,) you're welcome to join in on it.

Scrooge
02-16-2017, 12:33 AM
Had an AWESOME time in Thidranki today; it's only like 1-2 RP per kill but we walked away with 116-144 RP each at level 21, then found out there's a quest for the BG just like there's one for Caledonia! We started off with like 5 players, going against 10 Mids, then about 16 Albs show up and fight the Mids, we wiped out the Mid group twice after, then built a zerg of our own to fight the Albs - which ofcourse gave up after we took their keep from them one time. Haven't had this much fun RvRin on this server in a long long time, I'm so seriously glad I didn't rush to 50 and made a new char to give Thidranki another try.

If any of you are playing Hibernia with a char in level range 20-24, post your details here and we'll get in touch in-game, or if you're 10-20 we can help you level up some when we do a group tomorrow. Next time we go back to Thid we'll probably be 24, so come join us while we're still able to exp for this level range!

Loke
02-16-2017, 01:09 PM
I'm on Alb and know this is a thread about Hib, but just wanted to chime in and echo scrooge's sentiment. Been having more fun on uthgard than I've had in years on p99. PvP that is actually decently balanced is just a whole different type of excitement than PvE. Had a night last week where me and a few friends made just shy of 15,000 RP and it was an absolute blast. Its a bit of a grind starting out, but nothing compared to EQ. I hit max level in under a month of pretty casual play, and am already abiut 1/2 way to being geared out for end game. The ratio of effort to enjoyment is really hard to beat.

I don't want to discourage anyone from going Hib since they could use the bodies (pls don't go mid), but if anyone does decide to go Alb, feel free to shoot me a PM here... might be able to help you get started.

Deviation
03-10-2017, 06:51 AM
Anyone playing this still? I have plat for sale on Midgard realm if anyone interested.

Nirgon
03-20-2017, 12:58 AM
?

AzzarTheGod
03-20-2017, 03:45 AM
my dawgs done told yall this shiz was hot

Scrooge
03-21-2017, 02:29 AM
I am still playing, made some friends along the way and joined their guild, things are going well. It's too bad there isn't an organized P99 group around, I've no idea who's playing or not playing, stopped keeping track a while ago.

Phenyo
03-28-2017, 06:35 AM
Tried to play but the launcher makes my antivirus freak out, devs say its a false positive but not so sure

Scrooge
03-31-2017, 09:04 PM
Tried to play but the launcher makes my antivirus freak out, devs say its a false positive but not so sure

It's a false positive.

Evia
04-19-2017, 04:32 PM
I'm still playing. I just switched to Albion. My characters name is Halas Everfrost the highlander mercenary.

Scrooge
04-22-2017, 07:52 PM
I'm still playing. I just switched to Albion. My characters name is Halas Everfrost the highlander mercenary.

Cool, you should try hooking up with Nirgon and his pals from these forums if they're still active. I'm going to give Midgard another shot very soon; right now I'm just asking the friends I used to play with, if they're receptive to the idea of doing the same thing.

Sirban
04-23-2017, 02:42 PM
DAOC is worse than everquest

Cecily
04-23-2017, 04:04 PM
So what's wrong w Hib? I ended up on Albion, and I'm kinda stuck there. Sadness at not being an elf, but my inf is 49 and game's about to get real fun.

Scrooge
04-23-2017, 06:01 PM
So what's wrong w Hib? I ended up on Albion, and I'm kinda stuck there. Sadness at not being an elf, but my inf is 49 and game's about to get real fun.

Nothing's wrong with it, I just miss my home realm a little bit, not to mention I still want to make a Dwarf all-star team going! I'd give Albion another try but there are so many refugees from that realm over in Hibernia, and none of their stories have anything good to say about it, not only did they transfer realms but they'd erase their RR4+ chars just to get out of there faster.

Scrooge
04-26-2017, 10:20 PM

Come join us over in Midgard man, we're starting up a new thing and trying to keep it P99-oriented so to speak. My first char so far is a melee-oriented Dwarf Hunter (for groups) and I'm liking it alot, it's at level 12 with 223 Fletching. Although as more people will be starting up soon, I will make a new char with them to help out, maybe a Shaman (main buffing class of the realm) unless someone else does it.