PDA

View Full Version : New issues since v44

awolfdrawsnear
01-08-2017, 12:08 AM
Since updating to v44, I have two new weird things going on:

1 - When I use my "launch titanium" shortcut on the desktop, Windows 10 User Account Control pops up and asks me if I "want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device" ("eqgame.exe" patchme). It never used to ask me this with v43. When I click yes and get to the character selection screen, it is blurry and my mouse pointer does not match up with where it's actually pointing. I hit alt+enter and instead of going fullscreen, it just gets slightly bigger but fixes the blur and pointing issue. I have to hit alt+enter a second time to actually get full-screen. This never happened before.

2 - Once I'm logged on to P99 Blue with a character, after I alt+enter or alt+tab and then alt+enter to return to full-screen, my UI is super wonky and off the edges of the screen until I do a /loadskin default. That fixes it, but I really hate having to do this every single time I leave and resume full-screen. Plus, it really sucks having my chat boxes and history cleared every time I reload the UI. This is also a new problem since the update.

Thanks in advance for the help.

paulgiamatti
01-09-2017, 12:20 AM
Move your EQ directory out of Program Files.

awolfdrawsnear
01-09-2017, 11:36 AM
I have it installed in its own folder directly under C:. Not in Program Files. This is the same location it was in before the most recent update.

Oh! Another thing that I recently noticed is different:
Now while full-screen in game, if I hit capslock or numlock, I can see the little lock icon pop up in front of the game. This was not the case before updating.

awolfdrawsnear
01-09-2017, 04:58 PM
I also noticed that I no longer see any item/buff/spell gem information from mouse hovering. This is super annoying.

This morning I completely uninstalled Titanium and deleted the p1999 directory on my C: drive. I did a fresh installation and did the v44 update and launched the game (with XP SP2 compatibility mode set on eqgame) and I'm still having the same problems.

Everything was fine before I updated from v43 to v44. Open to any suggestions.