PDA

View Full Version : EQ99 runs fine but crashes when I camp. Problem?

Tru
01-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Happy to be home in Norrath and the game is great - thanks all who made this happen. I just started a couple days ago; got the ISO files in and made accounts and game play is great. Two issues:

1) Game crashes when I camp. I have been able to get back into the game a few times despite this. Problem? I sent the first crash report in but haven't bothered after that.

2) In game: when I pull up a chat window and right click to bring all my chat to that window i get a message that all chat will now come to this window (great for group in West commons - tunnel spam would not interrupt communication). I get the nice message but then all the chat goes back to the main spam window. Advice appreciated.

I am playing on a brandy new el cheapo laptop w/ windows 10: Lenovo ideapad 110 around $300 at best buy.

TIA for help.

P.S. I did read the sticky readmefirst and this is not covered or i missed it in which case d'oh pls point me in the correct direction or link pertinent prior discussion of this one.

P.P.S. Had first group today at orc camp one - so fun. It's good to be home!!!

Tupakk
01-07-2017, 03:13 PM
Have EQgames.exe run in compatibility mode and it should fix it. Doing this will wipe out your UI setup as well as resolution so back those up or it will be like setting up all over again.

Tru
01-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Thanks, please say more. How to do that. /notITsavvy

Tupakk
01-07-2017, 04:00 PM
Backing up the UI and eqclient.ini first

just copy player info type in the name of your characters and save those files somewhere else.

Type in eqclient and save those files somewhere else.

Open your EQ folder and type eqgame > rightclick > properties > compatibility tab > adjust to windows xp.

Tru
01-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Thx again - this is Windows 10 I'm working in....

Tupakk
01-07-2017, 04:28 PM
This problem effects 8 and 10.

Tru
01-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Ahh great thx.

Tru
01-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Ok just clarifying one more thing - i always say ask the dumb question b/c others are afraid to ask it but have it in mind too. I thought eqgames.exe was specifically instructed for us NOT to start = or is that a slightly different file. I got my more computer literate partner to set me up an icon so lol will have to bother some more with tech details. Am i mixing up file names? Is it eq.exe we have to stay away from so as not to go to Sony and get all the patches for non 99 play? I'm sure partner will need the clarification too. Thx again.

Tupakk
01-07-2017, 04:45 PM
The launcher.bat file uses eqgames.exe you are just setting it's to be compatible.

Tru
01-07-2017, 04:46 PM
K thx !