PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Epic Glow Problem

Akura
01-06-2017, 10:26 PM
I just got my Ragebringer and initially I didn't see any glow, I played with virtually every display setting and somehow it started glowing blue at night. It looked fantastic however adversely I started lagging in combat and went back and played with the settings and figured out it was the shadows that was causing my problem but now I lost the glow on my epic and no matter what I adjust in display tab I can not get it back. I also logged in my new gaming pc and I have no glow on that computer either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would love to enjoy the visual benefit of my epic.

Zaela
01-06-2017, 10:51 PM
If by "glow" you mean the tiny little dripping poison particle... it does work, but it's very subtle, and it's probably partially bugged in the Titanium client.

The camera has to be very close to the weapon in order for the particle to appear. If the camera isn't basically close-up on your character, it won't appear. I made a quick clip demonstrating this (with the particle significantly exaggerated to make it easier to see) here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPu-dLuWXFU&feature=youtu.be).

The distance issue seems to be related to how small the particle is -- it is significantly scaled down from the texture it is based on. Probably related to back-end changes to the particle system that were made sometime long after classic (some other epics also animate their particles incorrectly, although those ones are fixable (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249602#5)). No obvious way to fix this.

paulgiamatti
01-06-2017, 10:52 PM
Ragebringer doesn't emit any light and also has a virtually invisible particle effect - it doesn't glow in any way whatsoever. If you saw something emitting a glowing light from your character then it was probably something else that you had equipped or something in one of your main inventory slots.

Akura
01-06-2017, 11:42 PM
Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.