PDA

View Full Version : Patching on Linux

katesnow
01-02-2017, 09:41 PM
Hi,

I'm having issues with the latest patch. I'm running on ubuntu mate so the current suggested solutions for windows aren't working. I've extracted all of the patch files to my eq directory and ran diff to make sure that all the files in my eq directory match the new patch files, but I'm still getting the spell files outdated error when I log in. Is anyone else having this problem?

brknglss
01-03-2017, 12:33 AM
I can't help you, but, how are you running on linux? I just got galliumos running on my chromebook and am trying to find the best way to run eq (wine?)

Reidar
01-03-2017, 01:17 AM
Make sure the patch didn't unpack any folders inside of other folders where they aren't supposed to be, and also make sure you don't have a DSETUP.dll in your main directory, all capitals. If you see one with all capital letters then remove it. The regular one is all lowercase, dsetup.dll. It may also help to move your eq folder out of program files if it is there.

katesnow
01-04-2017, 01:49 PM
I ended up finding a guide on here somewhere for running it in Linux. I'm using wine, but I'm also using stuff I found here. Theres a weird server issue where I have to run a program to create a middle man to the servers (its called p99-login-middlemand, I found it here), along with a script to initialize the game (also found here). It took a lot of tweaking to get it work tbh (and as you can see it still has issues).

As for the dsetup.dll, I removed the allcaps version and replaced it with the lowercase and I'm still experiencing the same issue. I'll try moving my EQ folder out of Program Files and see if that fixes it.