PDA

View Full Version : spell_us

punkbythebook12
01-01-2017, 03:32 PM
having an issue with the latest patch, spell_us file and few others will not patch over. Im given some error code.i cant even log into the game and have no idea what to do. i resintalled the patch file and yet, nothing works. any info to figure this shit out

Cibbwin
01-01-2017, 04:04 PM
having an issue with the latest patch, spell_us file and few others will not patch over. Im given some error code.i cant even log into the game and have no idea what to do. i resintalled the patch file and yet, nothing works. any info to figure this shit out
I'm having the same exact issues as punkbythebook12.

Alexdoubz
01-01-2017, 04:05 PM
Same even reinstalled the game and repatched, something is broken.

brknglss
01-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Progress anyone? Same issue

punkbythebook12
01-01-2017, 10:53 PM
Nothing yet

mgellan
01-01-2017, 11:56 PM
How about you actually post the error code? When does it happen? What program is throwing the error? No one can help you if you don't provide any information...

This update was a normal one for me so need more data please.

Regards,
Mg

Wokchop
01-02-2017, 02:29 AM
Same here.

"Cannot delete output file. Access denied."

and

[Window Title]
"Compressed (zipped) Folders Error

[Content]
Compressed (zipped) Folders was unable to create the specified directory. Ensure that
the directory does not already exist, and that the path entered is valid."

[OK]

I will try downloading the patch again and see if it will extract.
Will let you know the result.

Wokchop
01-02-2017, 05:40 AM
Same issue.

1) Checked and changed admin permission for the EQ folder.

2) Did some research and moved the Everquest folder out of Program Files to C: then changed the Desktop EQ icons path to point to the new Everquest folders loc.
ie: C:\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme

All good now and Thx for the help.

Move your EQ directory out of Program Files.' thx

punkbythebook12
01-03-2017, 10:20 AM
My eq is not in program files, it's in c. As soon as I try to extract the patch to my eq folder, unknown error code pops up for spell_us shows. Same for a few other files. Prett much all it does. I'll get a screenshot of it in a little bit

punkbythebook12
01-03-2017, 10:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/NTH1qyN.jpg

Ashintar
01-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Can you extract the .zip to another location on your computer then copy the files to the eq folder?

You may also want to try moving your installation up one level from the root of C (just not in program files) and try again. Remember to re-point any shortcuts you may have.

nectarprime
01-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Yup, as Ashintar said extract the files somewhere else first, then copy+paste them all in EQ directory. If that doesn't work you may have to move EQ due to how Windows permissions work.

punkbythebook12
01-04-2017, 03:24 PM
I tried to extract the files to another location with the same result. I also tried moving the zip folder to a thumb drive and extract from there, still, no dice. I googled the 0x80004005 error code and its either caused by a windows registry error or virus. My system is clean and i ran regedit. Nothing out of the ordinary. Only thing i can think of is to just reformat and start fresh, but who has time for that? OR have someone send the file and see if that works.

nectarprime
01-04-2017, 03:25 PM
Have you redownloaded the file?