PDA

View Full Version : RE-Install not working.."Wrong spell files"

DarkwingDuck
12-31-2016, 04:41 PM
Hey guys ive done this many times on many different PC's... i have been MIA for a few months and wanted to roll up Norrath once more. I did a full install with Daemon, I Installed ad extracted into my Everquest folder the one from the setuplink, v4.3 .. I get all the way to character select screen.. and once again its saying the "wrong spell files" visit p99 and download the newest file... can anyone help me out here. as far as i Know thats the last piece of the puzzle, And im at a loss as of what to do, Thanks.

DarkwingDuck
12-31-2016, 04:45 PM
Off to Work soon, for new years party hehe But perhaps I can figure this out and get back online for the New year =)

Tupakk
12-31-2016, 05:00 PM
Sounds like the launch.bat is looking in the wrong folder.

Ashintar
12-31-2016, 05:04 PM
Are you installing to the default c:\program files (x86) directory? if so try moving your installation out to c:\everquest and trying again.

DarkwingDuck
12-31-2016, 05:10 PM
Sounds like the launch.bat is looking in the wrong folder.
Thanks Ill Have a look at this.. although i DO only have the one folder..(unless its trying to read from the folder my titanium "disks" are in...

Are you installing to the default c:\program files (x86) directory? if so try moving your installation out to c:\everquest and trying again.

I Will try this lastly, But have also tried everything above in the tech Discussions, with eqgame.exe" patchme etc.. nothing has worked...

Also the launch Titanium.Bat wont let me run in Admin... it wont find the file (Odd).. but just running it normally, works until the char select screen.

Thanks Ill try these afterwork tonight at 1am... or tomorrow hehe

Ashintar
12-31-2016, 05:15 PM
Thanks Ill Have a look at this.. although i DO only have the one folder..(unless its trying to read from the folder my titanium "disks" are in...

I Will try this lastly, But have also tried everything above in the tech Discussions, with eqgame.exe" patchme etc.. nothing has worked...

Also the launch Titanium.Bat wont let me run in Admin... it wont find the file (Odd).. but just running it normally, works until the char select screen.

Thanks Ill try these afterwork tonight at 1am... or tomorrow hehe

There are at least 20 other threads buried in this forum about issues installing to the default directory.

DarkwingDuck
01-03-2017, 12:26 AM
There are at least 20 other threads buried in this forum about issues installing to the default directory.

its worked the last 4 years in that file

DarkwingDuck
01-03-2017, 12:27 AM
Got on, on my Laptop.. still not workin on the PC.. oh well hehe