PDA

View Full Version : Advice Request

Lortag
12-31-2016, 12:22 PM
he story so far:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
GTX 1060 6gb
Comodo Antivirus Pro/Paid

Finding and installing EQ Titanium from the .iso's was easy enough.
The directions/Guide on Project1999 forum page were informative and easy to follow.

However, things got odd in several ways.
Downloading the Project 1999 Files (V43), along with what to do with them was easy enough to follow.
However, my Comodo Antivirus had a problem with dsetup.dll & "cleaned" the file as soon as it was extracted from the .Zip file.
I attempted to prevent this by creating an exception in the Comodo rules to ignore that file, then I downloaded and unziped it again. Comodo continued to "Clean" the file every time, only it no longer informed me it was doing so....
Disabling Comodo only postponed this occurrence until it was restarted.
For a time this lead me to believe the problem was not with my AV.

My personal work-around for this is as follows:
I created an exception in Comodo's rules telling it to ignore the Entire Project1999 directory.
I then downloaded Project 1999 Files (V43) again, only this time I used the Project1999 directory as my download destination folder for the updated files.
This allowed me to conduct all interactions with the update and Zip file from within the P1999 directory, which caused Comodo to leave the file(s) alone.

Success!
Only not really.

At this point the game ran ok, and no 'Spells File' errors, so I could then begin the Character Creation process.
That went fine enough, but when I began customizing the UI, things got odd again.

The first "Issue" came after I attempted to load Velious UI.
And yes I did follow said instructions.
When I /loadskin velious, most UI elements disappeared leaving only a few to interact with. I then had to begin a search for alt-commands to bring up options.
Also, when I /loadskin velious, my Desktop Color Profile in Windows gets corrupted, and all colors go to a washed-out looks, as if Desktop Color Saturation is reduced to %50.
To fix this, I have to recreate my Geforce Profile, only to have it corrupted next time EQ runs.
My drivers are all up to date...

The Second issue is window size.
It seems that no matter what Display options I choose in EQ, the game itself will not go Full Screen, nor can I corner-drag the window to resize it.
Is this normal?

Also the Audio option sliders seem to work in game, but the intro music seems unaffected by these settings.
This may seem minor to many, but had I not had headphones in, I would have likely damaged some very pricey studio speakers.

I am also seeing Youtube videos uploaded from players that seem to be using a Hybrid UI Layout that I can find no reference to. Looks like wow+EQ?
Are there more detailed guides for advanced UI building?

I am the canary in the coal mine for a small group of mature, Classic EQ players who would love to play, though before that, I need to learn as much about this as possible first.

Any advice on the Window Sizing and UI peculiarities would be appreciated.

Lortag