PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to EQ / No Connection

Teller
12-28-2016, 12:32 PM
Hey all, just installed EQ Titanium + updated the v43 P99 files on a new computer. I also installed DuxaUI into my uifiles folder.

When I launch EQ, I get a small "Patching EverQuest" window that reads "Connecting...." with an empty loading bar.

After about 1-2 minutes, a second window pops up that reads "Could not establish a connection. Please check your network connection or contact eqtech@xxxxx.com."

I have double-checked and made sure that my eqhost file is the same as what is in patch files v43. I am also sure that my PC has a working internet connection. Any ideas?

Zaela
12-28-2016, 12:43 PM
You need to avoid running the patcher. Using the "Launch Titanium.bat" script that came with the patch files to start EQ would be the simplest way to do that.

Alternatively you can make a shortcut to eqgame.exe, and edit the shortcut so that it has "patchme" at the end, i.e. "C:\path\to\eq\eqgame.exe patchme". The patchme part is an argument to eqgame.exe that (counter-intuitively, but whatever) skips to the start screen without running the patcher.

Teller
12-28-2016, 12:50 PM
You need to avoid running the patcher. Using the "Launch Titanium.bat" script that came with the patch files to start EQ would be the simplest way to do that.

Alternatively you can make a shortcut to eqgame.exe, and edit the shortcut so that it has "patchme" at the end, i.e. "C:\path\to\eq\eqgame.exe patchme". The patchme part is an argument to eqgame.exe that (counter-intuitively, but whatever) skips to the start screen without running the patcher.

TY for both suggestions!

Currently, running the Launch Titanium .bat spits back "Windows cannot find 'eqgame'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again."

Making a shortcut to my .exe then adding space patchme causes the shortcut to have an error, saying that pathway does not exist.

Zaela
12-28-2016, 12:58 PM
Put Launch Titanium.bat into your EQ folder before you run it

and/or

in the shortcut, put quotation marks around the path to eqgame.exe, but not the space and patchme part. Windows can get confused if there are any folders with spaces in their name in the path to the exe (like "Program Files") e.g. "C:\path\to\eq\eqgame.exe" patchme

Teller
12-28-2016, 12:59 PM

and/or

in the shortcut, put quotation marks around the path to eqgame.exe, but not the space and patchme part. Windows can get confused if there are any folders with spaces in their name in the path to the exe (like "Program Files") e.g. "C:\path\to\eq\eqgame.exe" patchme

Awesome, putting patchme after the quotations solved it, thank you very much!

Teller
12-28-2016, 01:01 PM

and/or

...and now that I'm able to open EQ, whenever I press Connect after typing in my password + account I get "Error - A timeout occurred"

EDIT:
Just noticed I have no eqclient.ini file anywhere in my EverQuest files? Is it generated first time I enter world? Not sure if this could be part of issue

EDIT 2:
I dropped my eqclient.ini file from another computer into my folders on this one, then restarted the computer. Now successfully connecting to P99 servers, case closed :D