PDA

View Full Version : LoginServer

cjfearless
12-27-2016, 11:01 PM
Not sure if this post belongs here but giving it a shot. I am currently trying to reset my loginserver password but even after I sent the SMS & reset the password it still keeps coming up as invalid. This is maddening , would anyone be able to help in anyway with this ? any help is appreciated !!!:confused::confused::confused:

paulgiamatti
12-28-2016, 12:12 AM
Does the Loginserver account name you're changing the password for match the account name you're entering at the login screen?

Darkatar
12-28-2016, 02:19 AM
Make sure the password you choose is a valid length/type.

I haven't had this issue on EQEMU, but I have reset my password through webpages on other games, that allowed me to choose impossible passwords (E.G. Using 13character+ passwords on games that only support 8-12characters)

Make sure the password you're using doesn't have strange characters, and make sure it actually fits in the password area of the client (I'm not sure what, if any, limits the EQ client has as far as password length/characters)

Shalan
12-28-2016, 04:44 PM
Just got the same issue, but found the explanation:
For some reason the numbers on the number pad were not typed correctly, so i use the normal keypads and it was ok.

You should check that if you have numbers in your pass

cjfearless
01-02-2017, 05:54 PM
I just reset it again waiting 3 days to do so and typed in my password super slowly. Reinstalled it and I am still getting a invalid password message. Its a fairly simple password and I am sure the login account matches. I have no idea what to do I do not want to lose my characters

paulgiamatti
01-02-2017, 06:51 PM
I am sure the login account matches.

Would you bet your life on it? Only logical thing I can think of is that when you're resetting your password, you're actually resetting the password for a different Loginserver account, which is a fairly common mistake on P99 since you can have any number of Loginserver accounts set up between two separate domains: project1999.com, and eqemulator.org. Double, triple-check that you're actually resetting the password for the account that you think you're resetting it for: http://www.project1999.com/account/?LS, http://www.eqemulator.org/account/?LS

cjfearless
01-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Yes I would. So I fixed the problem on Accident... I had changed the password again back to the password I had changed it to the first time I posted & I got through. Although I was puzzled as to why this worked I just gave the login server a thumbs up and was happy to bring my character back into action. Thank you all for your suggestions ! I will be on the p99 server : scars of velious as Sevenmaceleven running around in all my glory. lmao.