PDA

View Full Version : Custom UI for 1999

grindle
02-03-2010, 02:03 AM
I have customized a UI for 1999 it has had all the AA references taken out along with the shared bank and plat . I have also modded the pet box and the window selector. The inventory has been changed to as close to 1999 as i could get it. The spell bar has been shortened to 8 slots and i have taken out the eq button . This is the link Custom UI (http://tinyurl.com/1999-custom-full). Try it out and let me know if there is anything i can do . I also put a custom player info window with number and xp% so that you can see it from the UI but it isnt used by default , it is in a folder in the ui folder ;)

@Uaellaen = I will put in SS if enough people want them but im on dial-up out in the country (took me 30min to upload the UI LOL) so it takes alot to upload ss 8-) .... PS. Thanks for the SS

@Draizix = your welcome :)

@Danth = Anyone who would like the old action bars just copy EQUI_ActionsWindow out of the default_old and put it in the 1999 Custom ui folder then reload should do it :)

@Tristen = I haven't learned to change the animations yet lol ..so that is just a place holder graphic till i figure it out but it doesn't hurt functionality any

Uaellaen
02-03-2010, 02:18 AM
wtb screenshots :p

Draizix
02-03-2010, 02:57 AM
I haven't tested out the whole thing but i did test out your player window and i LOVE it. I hate not having the hp / mana numbers in it listed and having the xp % number is always nice too. Thanks a lot!

Uaellaen
02-03-2010, 03:09 AM
oldschool!

Danth
02-03-2010, 03:40 AM
If you use the Default_Old UI as your basis instead of Default, you can have the older-style vertical hotkey bank. A screenshot I posted in a thread here illustrates: http://project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2050

Danth

Tristin
02-03-2010, 04:00 AM
oldschool!

Says 34 cleric with a warrior symbol in the corner. Or am I just drunk?

Kebin
02-03-2010, 10:11 PM
WTB

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b151/Grugle/EverquestYearsLater/everquestUI.jpg

LazyFuj
02-03-2010, 10:36 PM
WTB

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b151/Grugle/EverquestYearsLater/everquestUI.jpg

I second that!

Uaellaen
02-04-2010, 01:16 AM
Says 34 cleric with a warrior symbol in the corner. Or am I just drunk?

i just posted a screenshot of this UI, i didnt even pay attention to it much tbh ;)

Humerox
02-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Classic UI in action. Old skellies n wolves!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWisI2lSc_A&feature=related

phantom
02-04-2010, 03:41 AM
Wanted to say thanks, using most of this.

Dr.Spike
02-04-2010, 10:46 AM
WTB

i almost got it all right :), just some more stuff to add

http://i47.tinypic.com/2kho9z.jpg

guineapig
02-04-2010, 11:05 AM
That is so hardcore! :D

I remember using the UI only for a short period when I first installed the game. It most definitely added a challenge to the game in my opinion. (It also gave a reason for enchanters to use Sentinel.)

But I don't think I'm man enough to try using it again in any form. Besides the visual limitations I don't think I would be able to function efficiently without at least 4 chat windows open at any given time.

Mad props to those that are going for it, I commend you!

Danth
02-04-2010, 11:23 AM
The original periscope UI window didn't cover up 2/3 of the 3D world; rather, the realtime game screen was simply smaller with UI elements placed outside (with the exception of spell effect icons--which could be hidden by clicking the 'effects' button). The player retained full field of view, which is apparent in the linked video. This was a trick used in several games from the period to improve performance on the limited computers of the time.

As such, Trying to replicate the old UI on the modern client (which *will* cover up part of the 3D game world) will actually make it harder than it was. I recommend going in with a high-res system if you choose to do that!

That's not in any way a negative comment towards the excellent-looking reproduction linked in this thread, but rather just a comment to make sure folks appreciate the limitations imposed due to the newer client.

EDIT for the post below: " /viewport still works, so you can make appropriate adjustments to do that very thing."

How intriguing--I was unaware of that.

Danth

Machail
02-04-2010, 11:46 AM
As such, Trying to replicate the old UI on the modern client (which *will* cover up part of the 3D game world) will actually make it harder than it was. I recommend going in with a high-res system if you choose to do that!

Not necessarily. /viewport still works, so you can make appropriate adjustments to do that very thing.

Dr. Spike, that looks awesome. Please share once you have it ready. Very cool.

Dr.Spike
02-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Not necessarily. /viewport still works, so you can make appropriate adjustments to do that very thing.

Dr. Spike, that looks awesome. Please share once you have it ready. Very cool.

yeah the viewport is correct.
i think i will share it when im done with it, will see if i do, still have some issuse to work out, atleast fixed the crashed that the UI cause

Machail
02-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Sweeeet.

/cheerin you on!

Yellow
02-04-2010, 06:42 PM
it looks like the DAOC UI

Brund the Decrepit
02-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Spike!!!
WOWO

dokfeelg00d
02-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Want. I miss that old interface so much.

LazyFuj
02-04-2010, 07:50 PM
wow very nice spike!!

Humerox
02-04-2010, 09:34 PM
VERY nice. I WTB that interface when yer done, lol.

Good work!!!

Ghesta
02-05-2010, 06:04 AM
I just wonder if the OPs horse tastes just like raisins.

Taminy
02-05-2010, 01:41 PM
*shrug*

This is the original EQ UI. You weren't supposed to play with the windowed one.

http://regmedia.co.uk/2008/12/29/everquestscreenshot.jpg

Cubehacker
02-05-2010, 07:15 PM
*shrug*

This is the original EQ UI. You weren't supposed to play with the windowed one.

http://regmedia.co.uk/2008/12/29/everquestscreenshot.jpg

If you use the velious UI provided on the front website, it looks almost identical to that.

Taminy
02-05-2010, 07:18 PM
If you use the velious UI provided on the front website, it looks almost identical to that.

That's what I use.

HarmoniumGuard
02-06-2010, 05:44 PM
With these changes, is there any way to replace the class symbol in the inventory? All my characters have the Monk one, and none of them are Monks.

I'd like my Druid symbol back. x_x

Machail
02-06-2010, 05:55 PM
With these changes, is there any way to replace the class symbol in the inventory? All my characters have the Monk one, and none of them are Monks.

If you figure it out, let us know. It's bugging me too.

Spazmonkey
02-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Anyway to bring back the EQ button too. The one that lets you set all of your key bindings and video options?"

Machail
02-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Anyway to bring back the EQ button too. The one that lets you set all of your key bindings and video options?"

Mine never disappeared, but if you hit ALT-O you'll get your options window where you can set up everything.

Nial
02-09-2010, 05:56 PM

I was lucky to find this tidbit posted by Nachyoz on the original "Setup Guide" thread before it was modified.

10-24-2009, 12:40 AM
Nachyoz
Junior Member Join Date: Oct 2009

Fixing the UI File

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feittin
Since the old forums appear to be defunct now, if anyone wants to update the Japino classic UI class animation shown in the inventory to be the right class they can do the following:

1) Go to custom UI folder (ie. Everquest\uifiles\Japino_Classic_UI)
2) Find the file "EQUI_Inventory.xml" and open it with notepad
3) Do a find (or ctrl-f) and find "<Animation>A_ClassAnim"
4) It should bring you to a line that looks like:
<Animation>A_ClassAnimXX</Animation>

Instead of XX there will be some number there. Replace that 2 digit number with the 2 digit number for your class using the list below to show the correct animation.

01 = Warrior
02 = Cleric
03 = Paladin
04 = Ranger
05 = ShadowKnight
06 = Druid
07 = Monk
08 = Bard
09 = Rogue
10 = Shaman
11 = Necromancer
12 = Wizard
13 = Magician
14 = Enchanter

You can instead delete the whole line (line 1944)

Code:
</Size>
<Animation>A_ClassAnim07</Animation>
</StaticAnimation>

to

Code:
</Size>
</StaticAnimation>

Then find this line (about 22 lines down)

Code:
<Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable>
</Screen>

and add the line "<Pieces>ClassAnim</Pieces>" so

Code:
<Pieces>ClassAnim</Pieces>
</Screen>

Whole block looks like this

Code:
<StaticAnimation item= "ClassAnim">
<ScreenID>ClassAnim</ScreenID>
<Location>
<X>10</X>
<Y>178</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>64</CX>
<CY>128</CY>
</Size>
</StaticAnimation>
<Screen item = "IW_CharacterView">
<ScreenID>IW_CharacterView</ScreenID>
<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>10</X>
<Y>178</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>64</CX>
<CY>128</CY>
</Size>
<Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll>
<Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll>
<Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent>
<TooltipReference>Drop Item Here to Auto Equip</TooltipReference>
<DrawTemplate>WDT_Inner</DrawTemplate>
<Style_Titlebar>false</Style_Titlebar>
<Style_Closebox>false</Style_Closebox>
<Style_Minimizebox>false</Style_Minimizebox>
<Style_Border>true</Style_Border>
<Pieces>ClassAnim</Pieces>
</Screen>

This will auto pick the correct animation for the character loaded.

Dr.Spike
02-13-2010, 08:55 AM
some ppl have asked me about the classic UI i posted a screenshot on that i have worked on to get it to work on P99 server.
i havent got time to work on it so much since then, but i promise you all, when its done i will post it in a own thread and a download link so everone that wants can download it.
i got no ETA on it yet

Nedala
03-14-2010, 08:26 AM
oldschool!

What UI is that? I want that too please.

Im Using the default_old UI it lookes almost like thist one, but i have new and messed spell icons. I want the classic ones. When i change to the "default" UI i have classic icons, but the whole UI looks crappy then. Your screen looks just like what i want.

Dac321
03-14-2010, 12:12 PM
On the topic of "old school" is their anyway on getting the older character load screen? I think the old one is so much better then the one that P99 currently uses. IDK, would their be issues trying to load the older one?