PDA

View Full Version : Levelling for Enchanter?

AenimaNerd
12-23-2016, 11:55 PM
I've been playing a new 'toon since yesterday, he's a Human Ench with 25 CHA and 5 INT. While playing, I noticed that Level 4's EXP moves rather slowly. Should I just go to Commonlands and get some SoW, Haste, and Chloro, find some enemies and wipe the floor?

Expediency
12-24-2016, 12:31 AM
I've been playing a new 'toon since yesterday, he's a Human Ench with 25 CHA and 5 INT. While playing, I noticed that Level 4's EXP moves rather slowly. Should I just go to Commonlands and get some SoW, Haste, and Chloro, find some enemies and wipe the floor?

Are you new to EQ? If you think level four is going slow, you have no idea what you are in for. If you play casually (12-15 hours a week) you're looking at several months, bare minimum, before you hit level 50 on your first character. If you were playing a melee instead of enchater I'd double that estimate. Levels matter and they are hard to earn.

Leveling gets a lot faster once you have some pp and knowledge about where to go.

Dreenk317
12-24-2016, 01:19 AM
I remember on live, back in the day when I was a kid. Seemed to take an hour a level up to level four. Now I can do 1-4 in an hour pretty casually. Knowledge is definitely power in this game.

And going to EC and getting buffs is never a bad idea for the low levels.

Pyrion
12-27-2016, 09:27 AM
Enjoy the low levels. The higher levels really are not much more fun, no need to level as quick as possible. You won't "win" this game, it's all about fun at your current level.

Ravager
12-27-2016, 09:40 AM
Enjoy the low levels. The higher levels really are not much more fun, no need to level as quick as possible. You won't "win" this game, it's all about fun at your current level.
Many of the server's problems could be eliminated if everyone subscribed to this philosophy.
Level 4 is just slow, especially if you are only killing level 1 mobs. If you kill level 2 or 3 mobs, it'll go considerably faster. I always looked at level 4 as an opportunity to max skills and fill out armor slots with cloth and farm a little gold for spells.

If you want to get done with level 4 faster though and are in the Kelethin area, the bard mail quest from Felwithe to Kelethin will level you from 4 -5 in 10-11 hand-ins. You'll make a couple plat doing that too.