PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Linux Installation

Icarus
12-17-2016, 11:58 PM
Having trouble with Everquest on Linux. I installed Everquest fine using wine 1.9.24. Downloaded Project 1999 Files (V3), extracted it to my EQ folder, and overwrote existing files.
When I run everquest.exe I get the message "Could not establish a connection. Please check your network connection or contact eqtech@soe.sony.com."

If I do what this guide suggests: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14125
and add this command line "env WINEPREFIX="/home/<user>/.wine" taskset -c 0 padsp wine C:\\Program\ Files\\Sony\\EverQuest\\eqgame patchme" absolutely nothing happens.

Reidar
12-18-2016, 07:53 AM
It is run from eqgame.exe, not everquest.exe. Your shortcut/load argument will look something like this:

taskset -c 0 wine eqgame.exe patchme

Icarus
12-18-2016, 01:33 PM
You Sir, are a genius. Now I have the more difficult task of deciding what my character will be

It is run from eqgame.exe, not everquest.exe. Your shortcut/load argument will look something like this:

taskset -c 0 wine eqgame.exe patchme

Icarus
12-18-2016, 02:48 PM
When I tried to link my account at Project 1999 and EQEmulator I was sen't an e-mail. I clicked the link in the e-mail. My webpage said "Failed to link forum accounts; Neither contain a loginserver account."

Reidar
12-19-2016, 06:03 AM
Login to your forum account here on project1999, go to project1999.com and look for Create Account under Loginserver Accounts on the left side of the page. That will be your login account, can ignore anything about eq emulator link.