PDA

View Full Version : What to do after Level 60?

Baler
12-11-2016, 09:59 AM
I was wondering what to do after you hit level 60 on a character?

I figured I'd share some ideas too, in no specific order...
Explore every zone
Acquire best in slot equipment(Stats/Resists/AC)
Create Fashion Quest outfits
Join a Guild
Complete every raid
Fill your spellbook
Help lower level players
Roll an Alternative Character
Max out faction(s)
Max out Tradeskills
Complete the solo artist challenge

Any other ideas?

This is not a RnF topic

Dolalin
12-11-2016, 10:27 AM
Farm and corpse fungi tunics. Over and over. Or so it seems.

lurk
12-11-2016, 12:07 PM
No no...farm and corpse enough soulfires and reapers to solo tormax. Thats the ultimate solo artist challenge

Sorn
12-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Max out faction(s)
Max out Tradeskills

Both of these together would keep you occupied for YEARS.

Jimjam
12-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Move on with your life

just kidding

fastboy21
12-11-2016, 12:22 PM
I've had a lot more fun rolling alts and playing in new zones (not just the golden path zones) than I do farming gear for my main. At this point on p99, there are so many alts I'm not really certain calling one of my chars my main even makes sense anymore.

EQ is also great game...you can take a break and play other stuff until the bug to come back to EQ bites you again.

myriverse
12-11-2016, 12:23 PM
Same stuff you were doing before.

Priceline
12-11-2016, 12:26 PM
Shelf lv60 since you hit the end of the road, roll new character

Meep
12-11-2016, 09:25 PM

Explore every zone
Join a Guild
Complete every raid
Fill your spellbook
Help lower level players
Max out faction(s)
Max out Tradeskills

Any other ideas?

This is not a RnF topic

Congratulations OP, now can you do it on a pvp server starting from scratch with no twinking? Surprisingly few people take up this exceptional challenge and would rather use puppet strings to say they solo'd something instead.

SirAlvarex
12-11-2016, 09:53 PM
Go to all the old world zones and relish in the fact that you are now a god in the eyes of city NPCs.

Cecily
12-11-2016, 10:08 PM
Naw

Vexenu
12-11-2016, 10:17 PM
The correct and obvious answer: roll alts. EQ is nice in that each class has a fairly distinct playstyle, which makes playing different classes worthwhile. It's a very different experiencing play a Bard than it is a Magician, or playing a Ranger vs. playing a Shaman. Even classes with similar roles can play very differently: Monk and Rogue are quite distinct, and the two Knight classes are as well. For added fun, roll alts with friends in pre-made duos and trios and level in more challenging and out of the way areas. There is a tremendous amount of content in the game for the 1-50 levels that gets mostly overlooked, which is a shame, because it's actually the real meat of Everquest in my opinion.

silo32
12-11-2016, 10:39 PM
After I did everything you suggested years ago.

I logged over to red. Have yet to log back over to blue for any reason, ever again.

Dreenk317
12-11-2016, 10:41 PM
I agree with vexenu. Get a friend and go do something so stupid it's awesome. Like jumping into the hole and surviving. I learned the hard way that enchanters with air illusion get an advantage, I won't tell you how though, that's what makes it stupid fun. Then do it again.
Try non cookie cutter duos. I've found bard/ranger to be a whole lot of fun and very effective if played smart. Things like that are what keep it fun for me when I start to feel the grind.

skarlorn
12-11-2016, 11:53 PM
Do epic RP adventures in game and then deliver stories for the community.

Shit post on the forums.

Nilstoniakrath
12-12-2016, 12:12 AM
Do what all the other level 60's do, farm greens and be a total jack@$$ to those PCs of lower levels

Speedi
12-12-2016, 12:43 AM

Explore every zone
Join a Guild
Complete every raid
Fill your spellbook
Help lower level players
Max out faction(s)
Max out Tradeskills

Any other ideas?

This is not a RnF topic

Every person is different, so whatever I might suggest someone else will say something different. For me it's doing giveaways, and helping new players etc. You gotta do what is fun for YOU. All of your ideas are great, just pick one and go for it! Good luck! :)

titanshub
12-12-2016, 01:58 AM
Professional EQ fishing tournaments.

fan D
12-12-2016, 02:12 AM
stare at a wall for 18 hours straight

Dronuspk
12-12-2016, 02:57 AM
stare at a wall for 18 hours straight This.

Really the only option at this point.

A1rh3ad
12-12-2016, 03:18 AM
Do what all the other level 60's do, farm greens and be a total jack@$$ to those PCs of lower levels

I havent really ran into that problem here. Most higher levels are more than willing to help me out whenever I'm in a pickle. In return I pass that helpfulness to those below me.

Red_Messiah
12-12-2016, 04:36 AM
Every person is different, so whatever I might suggest someone else will say something different. For me it's doing giveaways, and helping new players etc. You gotta do what is fun for YOU. All of your ideas are great, just pick one and go for it! Good luck! :)

Good poster

Rygar
12-12-2016, 08:52 AM
Honestly, I'm just having a good time updating the wiki to be more accurate and helping guildies out. Not even worrying about upgrading my gear or raiding really. Tradeskills are hella fun too.

Also working on a log parsing program I hope to post in the next few months for all (will be open source) that will have some fun stuff involved with it, maybe give some people more incentive to see more of Norrath.

Lastly, building towards a community event to crawl people through the Hole and show them all the camps, pull routes, how to get to epic mobs, tricks of the trades, etc. to hopefully make it a more popular zone.

I know a lot of people say, 'Take your time, game sucks at 60, enjoy the journey while it lasts' but I'm having more fun than ever now! With the grind done, I'm doing a lot more stuff that is enjoyable. The trick is to really not worry about BiS / poopsocking, is the devil imo and will push you away from the game eventually as you burn out.

Trelaboon
12-17-2016, 11:28 AM
For me im an altaholic. I've only gotten 3 classes to 60, but I have a bunch of 55-59 chars. It's just a game where each class is so diverse you're really missing out If you don't try them all out at some point

Ravager
12-17-2016, 03:07 PM
After 60 you load up the character select screen for stimulation while you sin vigorously.

fourleaf
12-17-2016, 03:29 PM
Get a job & play EQ tlp server~

Evia
12-17-2016, 03:40 PM
Honestly, I'm just having a good time updating the wiki to be more accurate and helping guildies out. Not even worrying about upgrading my gear or raiding really. Tradeskills are hella fun too.

Also working on a log parsing program I hope to post in the next few months for all (will be open source) that will have some fun stuff involved with it, maybe give some people more incentive to see more of Norrath.

Lastly, building towards a community event to crawl people through the Hole and show them all the camps, pull routes, how to get to epic mobs, tricks of the trades, etc. to hopefully make it a more popular zone.

I know a lot of people say, 'Take your time, game sucks at 60, enjoy the journey while it lasts' but I'm having more fun than ever now! With the grind done, I'm doing a lot more stuff that is enjoyable. The trick is to really not worry about BiS / poopsocking, is the devil imo and will push you away from the game eventually as you burn out.

I like the hole idea. The zone is so intriguing and awesome looking to me, Especially considering the lore behind it. I'd totally be interested in the venture and learning it. Same with kk actually.

paulgiamatti
12-17-2016, 03:45 PM
The Hole key is super easy to get now that you can just grind faction for a couple hours in The Warrens. Totally no reason not to have one if you can afford the time to get a Seb or HS key.

Thugnuts
12-17-2016, 03:53 PM
If you're a cool normal person, you get tired of running around aimlessly, tired of grinding plat to buy progress from cunty MQ farmers, tired of elitist scum, and tired of doing the same three raids over and over again because everything else is blocked up like Rosie O'Donnell's colon after a build-your-own-burrito night at Chipotle.

So you either roll an alt, find something else to play, or troll the forums a bit for fun and profit.

If you're the kind of player who stares at the wall all day waiting for pixels to spawn, you join one of two guilds and then spend the next three years of your life debasing the human spirit by competing for cartoon turtles, cartoon giants, and cartoon dragons. Once you hit rock bottom or get "mistakenly" caught up in an RMT ban wave, you register a new account and start over from the beginning.

Lhancelot
12-17-2016, 05:21 PM
If you're a cool normal person, you get tired of running around aimlessly, tired of grinding plat to buy progress from cunty MQ farmers, tired of elitist scum, and tired of doing the same three raids over and over again because everything else is blocked up like Rosie O'Donnell's colon after a build-your-own-burrito night at Chipotle.

So you either roll an alt, find something else to play, or troll the forums a bit for fun and profit.

If you're the kind of player who stares at the wall all day waiting for pixels to spawn, you join one of two guilds and then spend the next three years of your life debasing the human spirit by competing for cartoon turtles, cartoon giants, and cartoon dragons. Once you hit rock bottom or get "mistakenly" caught up in an RMT ban wave, you register a new account and start over from the beginning.

^^^ Love it.

My favorite thing is how one type of player you describe here will eviscerate the other type you describe with insults, as if the path they have chosen is the righteous one.

Interfeuding amongst us nerds, if you will.

Everyone reading these forums are doing one or another of the activities you have listed above, and that makes all of us equally sad or awesome, depending on how you want to look at it. :p

Nixtar
12-17-2016, 07:17 PM
Become a warm body, join foot races(because the raiding scene wasn't quite stupid enough, we needed an extra edge), and lawyerquesting.

Ultimately, when becoming embittered and burnt out, join forumquest.

pasi
12-17-2016, 07:43 PM
You can dedicate your life to the skinnerbox that is Project1999. All for gear that doesn't matter because you can beat this expansion with Kunark gear.

Ella`Ella
12-17-2016, 08:22 PM
Your life can either begin or spiral downward at level 60. Choose wisely.

fadetree
12-17-2016, 08:37 PM
just play for fun. If it's not fun, don't play. I don't care about the 'its only pixels' stuff, lots of people care deeply about Golf, and spend tons of money and time on it, when after all it is just about hitting little balls into absurdly small holes over and over. Nobody calls them nerds or tells then to get a life or whatever. Competing for pixels in a elf sim is exactly as significant as something like golf.

pasi
12-17-2016, 08:50 PM
That analogy would be more reasonable if EQ had something resembling tee times. For instance, something where you and your buddies could login at the same time and be guaranteed to have moblins to attempt. Who knows maybe in the future they'll think of something like this.

Evia
12-18-2016, 12:15 AM
That analogy would be more reasonable if EQ had something resembling tee times. For instance, something where you and your buddies could login at the same time and be guaranteed to have moblins to attempt. Who knows maybe in the future they'll think of something like this.

I admit we have problems in the high end game, but instances are absolutely NOT the answer. It devalues everything in the world, not to mention it's a huge immersion crasher.

I definitely think we need a good solution, but instancing will only create more problems.

Nixtar
12-18-2016, 11:58 AM
I admit we have problems in the high end game, but instances are absolutely NOT the answer. It devalues everything in the world, not to mention it's a huge immersion crasher.

I definitely think we need a good solution, but instancing will only create more problems.

Why? To both statements.

EQ was never made to sustain this kind of population at the end game. It relied of pumping out new content to keep people looking at the stars(or moon). Also, the foot races and FTE, the lockdown of quests/content, is anything but immersive as it is purely meta gaming the content.

Also, to anyone who claim instancing = easy mode... Sorry, it is not hard to stay logged in. Well, unless you have a shitty ISP then I am sure that adds a bit of a X factor to the game.

fadetree
12-18-2016, 01:57 PM
Yeah, but the flip side is pretty much anyone winds up with spergy incontinence. The 'hardness' factor is gone as far as availability goes - the mobs always there, and no one will block you or be there ahead of you. As incredibly annoying as it is, non-instancing does add some prestige and some rarity to certain items. I have never heard of a good solution to the problem of human behavior, though, and that's what causes the issue. Is it better with or without instancing? I don't know, there's tons of valid arguments on both sides. I choose non-instancing, but I know not everyone does, and WoW for instance seems to have done well for a long time with it. One of the keys there is that the raid content was hard enough to provide a block - at least thats what I heard, I never played it much.

Izmael
12-18-2016, 02:35 PM
If Pantheon has any of the following, it will be dead from the start:

- instances
- mercs
- pay to win
- boxing
- no or light death penalty
- absence of drama

fadetree
12-18-2016, 07:50 PM
I beat the game's mechanics and RNG, not the game's mechanics, RNG, AND some schizoid guy from Nebraska.

Dude, *I'm* in Nebraska, but we're both not schizoid.