PDA

View Full Version : Is there a %t for pets?

xshayla701
01-21-2011, 06:27 PM
I feel like I have seen someone else do this before in a hotkey, unless they just changed the name of their pet in the hotkey every time the summoned... but is there a shorthand way to just name your pet? For example if I wanted to say

"Jobober is attacking %t."

A way to where I don't have to change the pet's name every time, but rather it would just fill it in the way %t does for whatever you have targeted. %pet and %p do not work.

Thanks

Magnavox
01-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Solution: Don't make such retarded and unnecessary hotkeys. You make hotkeys to communicate quickly. Telling your group members which mob you're attacking by spamming group chat is a total noob move and its redundant. You shouldn't have to tell your group you're attacking so and so mob with your pet, it should be done automatically.

Gorgetrapper
01-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Solution: Don't make such retarded and unnecessary hotkeys. You make hotkeys to communicate quickly. Telling your group members which mob you're attacking by spamming group chat is a total noob move and its redundant. You shouldn't have to tell your group you're attacking so and so mob with your pet, it should be done automatically.

Yeah, you shouldn't have to tell your group that you're healing them either, or during raids you shouldn't have to have a message when you're doing a CH chain either. Good logic.

nalkin
01-21-2011, 07:43 PM

come at me bro

Zereh
01-21-2011, 08:25 PM
It's %m obv ~ <3

At least I think it is. If you have the mob on target then your key macro would be something like this: /g %m is attacking %t!

Mardur
01-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Yeah, you shouldn't have to tell your group that you're healing them either, or during raids you shouldn't have to have a message when you're doing a CH chain either. Good logic.

Once again you show you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to EverQuest.

The benefit of announcing heals is so that others don't overheal, and thus waste their mana.

The benefit of announcing within a CH chain is to communicate your timing to the next cleric in the chain.

The benefit of announcing what mob your pet is attacking is.... there is no benefit.

h0tr0d (shaere)
01-21-2011, 09:09 PM
You have failed at detecting sarcasm!

Mardur
01-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Uhh... I detected his sarcasm, and disagreed with the point he was trying to make. Same back at ya?

Magnavox
01-21-2011, 09:20 PM

hence the word redundant and "quick communication." you have to communicate healing to avoid multiple clerics healing and wasting mana, derp derp noob. Hotkeying "/g Xober attacking %t" doesn't have any benefits.

Magnavox
01-21-2011, 09:22 PM
have you ever thought why there isn't a %t command for pets? because the creators realized that ever having to say your pets name would be totally fkn worthless.

Zereh
01-21-2011, 09:23 PM
It might, if said pet were off-taking because there was an overpull.

Just because it's situational doesn't make it irrelevant.

Falisaty
01-21-2011, 09:26 PM
type %m is attacking %t

Gorgetrapper
01-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Looks like some elitist pricks in this thread are trying to force the apparent ONE and ONLY play style in the game.

Once again you show you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to EverQuest.

The benefit of announcing heals is so that others don't overheal, and thus waste their mana.

The benefit of announcing within a CH chain is to communicate your timing to the next cleric in the chain.

The benefit of announcing what mob your pet is attacking is.... there is no benefit.

The fucker above said that people make hotkeys to communicate quickly, well if someone CHOOSES to say that their pet is attacking soandso, are you going to throw stones at them because YOU don't do it? He said that "it should be done automatically", well if you're a healing class, you heal automatically there should be no need for a message. I like healing messages because it lets me know that the healer isn't fucking off in his own little world and actually paying attention. Same goes with a "sending pet after soandso", you don't have a mage just sitting there leaching like wizards do. It's nice to know your group is doing shit.

Mardur
01-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Or for those of who aren't blind we can actually just look at what's going on in game without the need for every single detail being spoon fed to us in groupsay.

Gorgetrapper
01-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Yeah because when you're the puller, and you're chain pulling, you actually get to notice that your wizard decided to take an unannounced afk for 10 minutes. Go play a single player game you prick, you apparently don't like conversation or talking in groups.

Hell, while you're at it, you might as well tell all the healers in your group/raid to just send tells to each other so they won't overheal/waste mana etc, because that's just useless group/guild chat to you.

Mardur
01-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Go play a single player game you prick, you apparently don't like conversation or talking in groups.

Gorgetrapper's idea of engaging conversation:

Soandso says, 'nuking an orc warrior!'
Soandso says, 'buffing myself with Lesser Shielding!'
Soandso says, 'casting O'Keil's Radiation on Target!'
Soandso says, 'conning an orc warrior... it's dark blue!'
Soandso says, 'Accidentally hit alt-3 instead of alt-4... ducking!'

Gorgetrapper
01-21-2011, 10:21 PM

Mardur's idea of an engaging conversation.

You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.

Zereh
01-21-2011, 10:29 PM

^^ obv douche nugget. I bet you go far with your I'm-too-cool-to-communicate ways. =) Thank god I'll never have to worry about grouping or raiding with you. We'd never get along.

Ihealyou
01-21-2011, 10:29 PM
I don't use a CH hotkey because I like watching the tank freak out when his health drops.

You guys should chill out though. There's legitimate uses of it such as Assist %m, if you're in a crappy group and the pet is tanking, and dumb uses of it like MY PET IS NAMED %m HE IS MY FRIEND. Instead of complaining about a hotkey which doesn't even exist yet, you could wait until you group with her and tell her to stfu if its that annoying.

soup
01-21-2011, 10:56 PM

It's great we have people like you two around to bring unnecessary amounts of douche baggery to this community. I'm sure everyone appreciates this horribly uninspired trolling.

Mardur
01-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks. I'm packing to move tomorrow and I'm bored. :(

You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.

Boy I do love that too.

Ralexia
01-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Knowing which mob a pet is attacking can be useful when crowd controlling. However, the mobs need to have different names, and the pet has to not switch targets(it will if its being attacked by 2 mobs).

Is there anyway to use assist on a character but assist their pet instead of the owner? When I play with an enchanter, the animation pet attacks who it wants to so you have to let the animation pick the targets to kill. I end up assisting the pet a lot. I could make a macro /assist joboboer or whatever but sometimes you resummon the pet and I don't want to change the macro too frequently.

Mardur
01-21-2011, 11:25 PM
You have to make an /assist <petname> macro and change the pet's name each time. OR double F-button and then hit a normal /assist hotkey. For example, if a mage is the second member of a group hit F3 and then F3 to target the mage's pet, and then /assist.

All pet classes however should just have one simple hotkey:
/pet back off
/assist {MA}
/pet attack

And spam that. Obviously this doesn't work for an enchanter using the generic animation pets, unfortunately.

soup
01-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Thanks. I'm packing to move tomorrow and I'm bored. :(

Boy I do love that too.

lolol

I'll award you several internet points for succesfuly getting a bite and having the courtesy to leave the trolling at that instead of drawing it out :D

xshayla701
01-22-2011, 03:06 AM
Like said above, it's useful in crowd controlling, or in a group full of mages with multiple mobs to kill, it's nice to know which pet is on what. And I didn't say I would put it on my pet attack key or anything so I don't see where you got "spam" from. stfu please

and ty uuur for the white-knighting <3

Azimon
01-22-2011, 06:46 AM
I find it amazing that people can get so worked up over such a mundane thing as a chat macro. If someone in my group were to call out what target their pet is engaged with, so be it, it might even be useful if you're out pulling that you know your group is occupied with a mob

Pycoba_rng
01-22-2011, 08:23 AM

I expect more knowledge and expierence out of you Mardur. I am fairly dissapointed.

This is very useful. Everyone knows who to blame when the pet breaks the mez. Let alone its the same thing as /assisting on %T , accept your doing it a pet. Often times the caster can get confused and or pet depending on the zone. Kedge etc for example. Therefore It lets you know what the caster has his pets on. Lets say the pet is offtanking something and the pull was say 5 mobs? Well bard is trying to mez them one at a time. This lets the bard know which one not to mez possibly if the names are different or he can visibily see the pet attacking. There by allowing him to mez the remaining of the mobs and for the caster to reassist with the /pet now attacking %T , bard can now mez. Since bard mez is on a pulse. Nuthing is worse then mezzing a mob to find a pet was on it and you missed that pulse now I have to wait 6 seconds to mez a damn mob again , meanwhile bard gets beat on for however much damage. Therefore this can be useful is utilize properly.
Do I think its necessary? No , but it can have its uses like all things.

As well guilds that know strat. Know that mage pets are great offtanks if you have a decent number of them you can take a buntch of mobs down. If you don't know whose pet is who and your suppose to pull your pet off after one of the 3 or 7 mobs is snared. The enchanter mind find it better to communicate which pet is on which mob etc. Everyone who knows strat knows that Water , Earth , Fire, Air pets combined differently can be a very lethal force. Especially when pet Oting/swarm kite. Theres plenty of instances you could apply this macro too. Whether or not it fits the groups / raids role at the time is determined by its player and or leader.

YendorLootmonkey
01-22-2011, 08:35 AM
As a raid forager, I find it useful to have a hotkey such as:

Yendor tells the guild, 'FORAGING FOR >>> rabbit meat <<< PLEASE KEEP MOBS OFF ME!'