PDA

View Full Version : Reward items for the next Big Event

Lhancelot
11-20-2016, 12:04 PM
We all have seen that the GMs are quite capable of creating very elaborate and thought provoking events!

I am just curious what kind of reards you guys would like to see for the next event. I have some ideas:

1. Original all/all armor pieces with custom designed graphics, making the items unique. Even if they were within the parameters of already existing armor appearances, there could be some neat things added. For instance;

a. Different colored plate-looking helms or other fashionquest type pieces for visible slots. Make them all/all. GMs could add stats if feeling generous!

b. Robes that were all/all. There simply are not enough robes to see on non-casting classes in the game! These could be purely fashionquest items too, or have some stats if they really wanted to be generous.

2. Unique looking weapons. These would only drop during these special specific events. These weapons could have crazy cool names, and even have added procs to them, along with decent stats. Or, just make these fashionquest weapons, that could be fun to show off in the tunnel.

3. Hard to get rare quest drops for planes and other higher end quests.

Gumbo
11-20-2016, 12:48 PM
Ummm... No.

Not classic.

skarlorn
11-20-2016, 01:01 PM
hand out dildos

they are actually just cracked staves but we can pretend

Lhancelot
11-20-2016, 01:20 PM
hand out dildos

Why not pocket pusses too, while we at it?

Sorn
11-20-2016, 02:11 PM
The golden rule for event awards is "if it has never existed in EQ, it will never exist on p99", with a slightly less impossible-to-break rule of "if it didn't exist in classic EQ, it will never exist on p99" (notable exception: the candy corn from this past Halloween event).

D:

Lhancelot
11-20-2016, 03:02 PM
The golden rule for event awards is "if it has never existed in EQ, it will never exist on p99", with a slightly less impossible-to-break rule of "if it didn't exist in classic EQ, it will never exist on p99" (notable exception: the candy corn from this past Halloween event).

D:

Yeah, I honestly realize anything people post as possible rewards would never happen. I was just curious to see if anyone had some neat ideas what could be rewarded. :p

Of course instead of thinking of some interesting items, people rather say "NOT CLASSIC YO".

At least the idea of cracked staves being handed out for other purposes is a thought. Not exactly what came to my mind though. Obviously Skarlorn been playing his rogue too much, the rogue mantra "doing it from behind" has contaminated his imagination to revolve around weapons and/or items used to poke with.

Sorn
11-20-2016, 03:27 PM
If we're talking about stupid ideas for event rewards, I have plenty of them :P

Santug's Hat: summons milk and cookies
Hangover Cure: summons Hair o' the Dog That Bit Ya, insta-max drunk booze
Phat Lewtz: ports you into the middle of Siren's Grotto, roots you, and summons everything in the zone to your position...oh, and casts Ice Comet on you.
The Pants: 5 charges of Allure, -300 CHA, no graphics (OR it's equipped in chest slot and looks like a dress)
Frying Pan of Smiting: 3/12 1HB weapon that procs Fire Bolt and summons a fried egg
Black Cat: infinite charges of Summon Firework, occasionally procs an AE fire spell that hits you and everyone around you if you try to equip it
The Book of Bertoxxulous: summons a fervent believer who spams everyone nearby with "Hello, would you like to talk about our lord and savior Bertoxxulous today?" and casts an AE disease spell every six seconds.

Lhancelot
11-20-2016, 03:48 PM
If we're talking about stupid ideas for event rewards, I have plenty of them :P

Santug's Hat: summons milk and cookies
Hangover Cure: summons Hair o' the Dog That Bit Ya, insta-max drunk booze
Phat Lewtz: ports you into the middle of Siren's Grotto, roots you, and summons everything in the zone to your position...oh, and casts Ice Comet on you.
The Pants: 5 charges of Allure, -300 CHA, no graphics (OR it's equipped in chest slot and looks like a dress)
Frying Pan of Smiting: 3/12 1HB weapon that procs Fire Bolt and summons a fried egg
Black Cat: infinite charges of Summon Firework, occasionally procs an AE fire spell that hits you and everyone around you if you try to equip it
The Book of Bertoxxulous: summons a fervent believer who spams everyone nearby with "Hello, would you like to talk about our lord and savior Bertoxxulous today?" and casts an AE disease spell every six seconds.

Very nice! I want a Frying Pan of Smiting :(

Gumbo
11-20-2016, 06:54 PM

Go to the Plane of Growth

Seek out Prince Thirneg

Target him and use the /hail command. He will respond by saying, "Salutations, (yourracehere) (yournamehere)! I am the Prince of the Tunarean Court! What brings you to this most sacred of all Tunare's blessed creations?"

Answer him by saying, "I have come here for Phat Lewts."

Prince Thirneg will then say, "You will find no 'Phat Lewts' here!! Your selfishness will be your downfall!" and slay you on the spot, apparently using Death Touch or something equally powerful on you.

Swish
11-20-2016, 07:09 PM
Personally I'd like an AON or a COF.

Teako
11-20-2016, 09:07 PM
Guardian robe.