PDA

View Full Version : Nordenwatch's Return - Who's Still Playing?

Nordenwatch
11-19-2016, 01:19 AM
I'm back on blue screwing around - anyone from the good old days still around? Hit me up - playing an Iksar monk named Norden.

Clasick
11-19-2016, 12:48 PM
Disgraced RMTing Scumbag ring a bell ?

sdp00888
11-19-2016, 12:53 PM
I'm still around. Been here for about 5 years.

-Mezit

zanderklocke
11-19-2016, 02:07 PM
Hi.

Lhancelot
11-19-2016, 04:19 PM

If that's even true, everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect. He's on P99 probation so, let's give him a chance, right?

Nordenwatch
11-19-2016, 07:52 PM
Zanderr - you still tagged as officer for A-Team? I'd love to have the tag back.

Jetlag
11-19-2016, 08:15 PM
I believe A-Team merged to become Rampage that merged to become Awakened.

-Catherin-
11-19-2016, 08:24 PM
I'm still here! To some's disgust ;)

Nordenwatch
11-19-2016, 08:24 PM
Catherin!! did you ever get that prenerf stick?

Tasslehofp99
11-19-2016, 08:29 PM
Hail Nordenpal.

Ella`Ella
11-19-2016, 08:30 PM

Please move this to RnF so we can give our old pal a proper P99 welcoming.

-Catherin-
11-19-2016, 08:34 PM
Catherin!! did you ever get that prenerf stick?

no :mad:

Nordenwatch
11-19-2016, 08:39 PM
I'm fucking around in Kurn's right now ya'll - come say hi!

Snackies
11-19-2016, 08:40 PM
This man inspired me to make a human necro as my third toon.

So majestic.

Nordenwatch
11-19-2016, 08:41 PM
This man inspired me to make a human necro as my third toon.

So majestic.

so glad you're still around pal - still giving unsolicited mustache rides?

Briscoe
11-19-2016, 09:15 PM
Nordenwatch Repopped

Ravager
11-19-2016, 09:20 PM
What happened to that guide where you laid it out for everyone how you screwed the server? Can you link it?

Swish
11-19-2016, 09:26 PM
What happened to that guide where you laid it out for everyone how you screwed the server? Can you link it?

Do you ever chill out? This isn't RNF.

Cecily
11-19-2016, 09:29 PM
Belongs in RnF. Welcome back, Satan.

Nordenwatch
11-19-2016, 09:31 PM
I mean this is Trump's America now right?

Ravager
11-19-2016, 09:35 PM
Do you ever chill out? This isn't RNF.
Birds of a feather I guess. Your return wasn't met with much fanfare either.

Lhancelot
11-19-2016, 09:56 PM
I enjoyed his guide on "How to Become a Fat Cat in One Month", was an awesome read and I still check it out from time to time. Some basic info, but useful too.

coki
11-20-2016, 12:47 AM
I watched this guy go from farming Seafuries for a month or two, to having 500k pp very shortly after... (rough estimates, could be more or less), welcome back !

Darkatar
11-20-2016, 09:49 AM
I watched this guy go from farming Seafuries for a month or two

They were fun times!

zanderklocke
11-20-2016, 10:18 AM
Zanderr - you still tagged as officer for A-Team? I'd love to have the tag back.

I am currently tagged as Azure Guard, although I am a terrible member who has only logged in twice with the tag.

Liia
11-20-2016, 10:20 AM

Find Save not AFK if you want a tag back, he is still the GL of A-Team. Good luck with that. Otherwise, welcome back pal.

Nordenwatch
11-20-2016, 10:50 PM
They were fun times!

Greame - good times duoing those seafuries as noobs. Getting excited over ruby crowns never gets old!

Nordenwatch
11-20-2016, 10:51 PM
Find Save not AFK if you want a tag back, he is still the GL of A-Team. Good luck with that. Otherwise, welcome back pal.

Hi Liia - good to see you still repping the tag. I spoke to someone who is still an officer on couple toons, so I'll have that tag back soon enough.

Tecmos Deception
11-20-2016, 11:46 PM

Checking in.

Sirban
11-21-2016, 12:45 AM
Nerds

Handull
11-21-2016, 06:17 PM
Oh hello there!

Nordenwatch
11-21-2016, 06:31 PM
Oh hello there!

Ploktor! It's amazing how many people are still around - such a hard game to leave forever eh?

You still playing man? or just forumquesting?

Handull
11-21-2016, 07:09 PM
I was away for a few years, been back for a few months now exploring velious. Ploktor/Kloktor still the main toons to find me on.

Nordenwatch
11-22-2016, 01:37 AM
bump for more friends

feanan
11-22-2016, 10:11 AM
It should be in RnF.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144520

and what, you want a hero's return?

gtfo. can't wait till you are "bored" again and fuck the server over

Galvatar
11-22-2016, 10:44 AM
RnF or bust.

Nordenwatch
11-22-2016, 10:51 AM
It should be in RnF.

I just wanted to see which of my friends were still playing - this seemed like the best method to do it since all the guilds have been scrambled.

Did I ask for a hero's return anywhere in my post?

Lhancelot
11-22-2016, 11:17 AM
It should be in RnF.

Nordenwatch seems like a nice dude, friendly, considerate, intelligent etc. Don't know him at all.

But, man. When I read his explanation behind why he chose to do RMTing, it's quite disappointing to say the least.

Obviously money can be a great temptation for people to do what is morally wrong, but in essence someone that does something so vehemently against the rules of the server for monetary gain it says a lot about a person's morals and ethics.

I find it hard to really trust anyone that in essence has lied, cheated, and stolen then explains that boredom motivated them to do it. All in the same breath as saying, "whether or not you like it, pixels are worth money so if I was quitting, why wouldn't I sell them?" Parapahrasing here but that was the gist of his reasoning.

Nordenwatch, hope somewhere you found a code of ethics and some sort of moral compass within yourself.

Hard to believe that though, because one thing I have learned in life is people are either trustworthy, or not.

When someone crosses the line of moral codes by combining lies, deceit, money, and a lack of discipline so jarring that out of "boredom" they can cross that line without conscience I steer clear of that type of person.

Not that it matters, I don't know this dude and he don't know me. I just felt like commenting because I find RMT and the activities surrounding it disturbing. I also found his reasoning behind why he did it disturbing too.

Yeah it's just a game, and they are just pixels. But honestly, if someone does this in a game I wouldn't trust them outside the game.

Burk
11-22-2016, 04:51 PM
I was in ec tunnel and someone said,"Jeez norden a tstaff already? Haven't you learned your lesson." I lol'd in real life and kept on about my business.

Erati
11-22-2016, 05:05 PM
Norden sold Briscoe his glorious Robe of the Spring that I could not afford at the time.

praise be human druid in a robe :)

http://i.imgur.com/aAkUWo0.jpg?1

Nordenwatch
11-22-2016, 05:19 PM
Norden sold Briscoe his glorious Robe of the Spring that I could not afford at the time.

praise be human druid in a robe :)

http://i.imgur.com/aAkUWo0.jpg?1

So THAT'S where my RotS went! I remember wearing it on my level 14 druid in EC to the irritation of druids everywhere...

Briscoe
11-26-2016, 04:34 PM
So THAT'S where my RotS went! I remember wearing it on my level 14 druid in EC to the irritation of druids everywhere...

Looks much better on a human than it did on little Teleportation :)

Ravun
12-03-2016, 05:43 AM
Nordenwatch seems like a nice dude, friendly, considerate, intelligent etc. Don't know him at all.

But, man. When I read his explanation behind why he chose to do RMTing, it's quite disappointing to say the least.

Obviously money can be a great temptation for people to do what is morally wrong, but in essence someone that does something so vehemently against the rules of the server for monetary gain it says a lot about a person's morals and ethics.

I find it hard to really trust anyone that in essence has lied, cheated, and stolen then explains that boredom motivated them to do it. All in the same breath as saying, "whether or not you like it, pixels are worth money so if I was quitting, why wouldn't I sell them?" Parapahrasing here but that was the gist of his reasoning.

Nordenwatch, hope somewhere you found a code of ethics and some sort of moral compass within yourself.

Hard to believe that though, because one thing I have learned in life is people are either trustworthy, or not.

When someone crosses the line of moral codes by combining lies, deceit, money, and a lack of discipline so jarring that out of "boredom" they can cross that line without conscience I steer clear of that type of person.

Not that it matters, I don't know this dude and he don't know me. I just felt like commenting because I find RMT and the activities surrounding it disturbing. I also found his reasoning behind why he did it disturbing too.

Yeah it's just a game, and they are just pixels. But honestly, if someone does this in a game I wouldn't trust them outside the game.

Lol this is such a stretch. For someone to say that an individual breaking the rules on an elf simulator of a 17 year old game somehow reflects their own character as a human being. With that same school of thought: you sound like the type of individual who likes to put others down to make himself feel better. Get off your high horse dude.

Ennewi
12-03-2016, 10:36 AM
Lol this is such a stretch. For someone to say that an individual breaking the rules on an elf simulator of a 17 year old game somehow reflects their own character as a human being. With that same school of thought: you sound like the type of individual who likes to put others down to make himself feel better. Get off your high horse dude.

Behavioral psychologists would probably disagree. To suggest that there is a direct correlation between one's behavior in the real world and a single act within virtual reality, however, would be a stretch but less so in this case as the former benefited from the latter. Also, this isn't Pong we're talking about here; you can really fuck people over in this game and there are hundreds online at any given time, allowing for some anonymity. It being a 17 year old elf sim is besides the point. Take for instance this experiment (https://youtu.be/anCaGBsBOxM?t=30s). Note how the yellow triangle and blue square are on par with EQ graphics. Also note how the subjects have about the same amount of emotional maturity as some in the community here.

All that aside, seeing the name Nordenwatch again reminded me more of the morbid foliage he added to the tree in West Freeport than his RMTing.

Lhancelot
12-03-2016, 10:40 AM

Anyone that can justify cheating, lying, or stealing out of boredom is probably a scumbag. Sure, people make mistakes. And maybe he did just that.

That being said, I never met someone on a MMO regardless of it's age that broke rules for real money, stole, or lied, or cheated that was a good person who just made a simple honest mistake. Everyone of these types of individuals were scumbags.

That's the truth bruv, and you can stick that in your pipe and smoke it. I aint on a high horse, I am painting the facts.

You sound like the type of person that would defend this kind of activity because you yourself are probably a scumbag too.

astuce999
12-03-2016, 11:24 AM
I am currently tagged as Azure Guard, although I am a terrible member who has only logged in twice with the tag.

Wow, I didn't even know we were in the same guild!

Astuce

Nordenwatch
12-03-2016, 02:28 PM
Anyone that can justify cheating, lying, or stealing out of boredom is probably a scumbag. Sure, people make mistakes. And maybe he did just that.

That being said, I never met someone on a MMO regardless of it's age that broke rules for real money, stole, or lied, or cheated that was a good person who just made a simple honest mistake. Everyone of these types of individuals were scumbags.

That's the truth bruv, and you can stick that in your pipe and smoke it. I aint on a high horse, I am painting the facts.

You sound like the type of person that would defend this kind of activity because you yourself are probably a scumbag too.

But I didn't steal from anyone - I played the game with integrity and honesty. You're imposing character traits on me for what I did at the end and unfairly ignoring the 3+ years I played here that run counter to your claims.

Admittedly I broke the rules by RMTing at the end - that is not something I can defend in good conscience. By signing up and playing I agreed to abide by the server rules and I failed to do that - but I was punished for it by losing all of my characters. The staff told me at the time that if/when I came back to play for Velious to play with a clean whistle, and I intend to do just that.

I think the fact that I'm playing under my old name speaks to this intent - if I was going to try and use this elf sim to make money (which is an abusrdly inefficient use of time), would I really come back using the same name that's well known as having RMTed off the server?

Nordenwatch
12-03-2016, 02:38 PM
Behavioral psychologists would probably disagree. To suggest that there is a direct correlation between one's behavior in the real world and a single act within virtual reality, however, would be a stretch but less so in this case as the former benefited from the latter. Also, this isn't Pong we're talking about here; you can really fuck people over in this game and there are hundreds online at any given time, allowing for some anonymity. It being a 17 year old elf sim is besides the point. Take for instance this experiment (https://youtu.be/anCaGBsBOxM?t=30s). Note how the yellow triangle and blue square are on par with EQ graphics. Also note how the subjects have about the same amount of emotional maturity as some in the community here.

All that aside, seeing the name Nordenwatch again reminded me more of the morbid foliage he added to the tree in West Freeport than his RMTing.

Ravun
12-03-2016, 03:15 PM

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49711&highlight=Dexen

Na man, in fact, I've given more back to this community in the years I've played on and off than most people have. The above thread is one of the public giveaways I did, one of the biggest on the server I've seen (500k+ in items and whatnot). After returning I rebuilt my stash from flipping in EC and gave away another ~300-500k to random newbies in the game because after I grew bored of the server I found much more joy in making a new guy's day. So, no, I wouldn't be what most people refer to as a "scumbag."

As for the behavioral psych. bit. I hear ya, I got my undergrad in psych and I plan on going for my psy D after I finish my MBA. After playing pretty much every MMO under the sun since EQ I would still never judge anyone's human character on these games. The circumstances surrounding them are a breeding ground for toxic, negative, and disrespectful behavior. Hell, ive said some shitty things on voice chat when tilted on Overwatch, it doesn't mean I would say the same garbage to someone if they made a mistake in real life. It also doesn't mean I'm a "scumbag," though I may come off as one from time to time. Truth is the same people I've told off on a game are probably the same dudes I would be bros with IRL. The anonymity coupled with the lack of punishment is just a recipe for disaster sometimes.

bktroost
12-03-2016, 03:35 PM

Yes, I wish you played with us more.

Nordenwatch
12-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Yes, I wish you played with us more.

I wish he played more in general :(

Lhancelot
12-03-2016, 04:30 PM
But I didn't steal from anyone - I played the game with integrity and honesty. You're imposing character traits on me for what I did at the end and unfairly ignoring the 3+ years I played here that run counter to your claims.

Admittedly I broke the rules by RMTing at the end - that is not something I can defend in good conscience. By signing up and playing I agreed to abide by the server rules and I failed to do that - but I was punished for it by losing all of my characters. The staff told me at the time that if/when I came back to play for Velious to play with a clean whistle, and I intend to do just that.

I think the fact that I'm playing under my old name speaks to this intent - if I was going to try and use this elf sim to make money (which is an abusrdly inefficient use of time), would I really come back using the same name that's well known as having RMTed off the server?

I never said YOU are bad, I am just saying that people that I have run across over the years on MMOs who did RMT, hacks, or lied about stuff in the game typically were the types of people I rather not associate with.

I am just sharing my personal experience with people who have done these types of activities and they were always unscrupulous characters.

Does it mean anyone that has ever done RMTs (when against the server rules), lied, or cheated in a MMO are scumbags? No.

But again. That kind of behavior in the game would probably translate to similar behavior out of the game imo.

Not that it matters, but I personally feel it is fine you came back. I don't know you, you sound likeable and decent enough. But I got to be honest. When I read your post on what you did, and why, that only made it seem worse.

I think it would have sounded a lot more responsible had you just said, "ok, I did some scumbag things out of greed, and I apologize to the server". As soon as you say things like, "well I was bored, yada yada yada,", it then sounds like you are trying to justify nefarious behavior and honestly there is no good justification for it.

Oh well, welcome back man, and hope you enjoy the game and don't take it for granted this time. I understand everyone does things they shouldn't do, we are all human. GL to you.

Nordenwatch
12-03-2016, 04:55 PM
I never said YOU are bad, I am just saying that people that I have run across over the years on MMOs who did RMT, hacks, or lied about stuff in the game typically were the types of people I rather not associate with.

I am just sharing my personal experience with people who have done these types of activities and they were always unscrupulous characters.

Does it mean anyone that has ever done RMTs (when against the server rules), lied, or cheated in a MMO are scumbags? No.

But again. That kind of behavior in the game would probably translate to similar behavior out of the game imo.

Not that it matters, but I personally feel it is fine you came back. I don't know you, you sound likeable and decent enough. But I got to be honest. When I read your post on what you did, and why, that only made it seem worse.

I think it would have sounded a lot more responsible had you just said, "ok, I did some scumbag things out of greed, and I apologize to the server". As soon as you say things like, "well I was bored, yada yada yada,", it then sounds like you are trying to justify nefarious behavior and honestly there is no good justification for it.

Oh well, welcome back man, and hope you enjoy the game and don't take it for granted this time. I understand everyone does things they shouldn't do, we are all human. GL to you.

In my defense a lot of that thread is me being openly facetious about people comparing RMTing to things like selling drugs to children and kneecapping people... and once it got to RNF it immediately became a festival of trolling, but point taken.

Lhancelot
12-03-2016, 05:33 PM
In my defense a lot of that thread is me being openly facetious about people comparing RMTing to things like selling drugs to children and kneecapping people... and once it got to RNF it immediately became a festival of trolling, but point taken.

Sometimes, these forums are funny.

It's easy to get sucked in and pass judgement on others etc. I suppose sometimes it can be warranted. Other times we are so critical of others it goes beyond proper reason. I should have just kept my personal feelings out of it tbh.

Welcome back and hope you find it as fun as it was before. And, I hope you don't grow bored and make any rash decisions you regret later down the road. :p