PDA

View Full Version : P99 Auction site is coming back?

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 07:04 PM
Someone in /ooc was saying that P99 Auction site was coming back only it would not be keeping an average price of items, or do any tracking of prices.

They said it would only keep a live stream available, and also show the past auctions in the last 30 days if you searched an item then looked at it's history.

If this is true, I am happy. I don't care so much about the prices being kept track of etc., or showing an "average" price of what the supposed going rate is.

I just miss the Live Stream facet mostly of P99 Auction site, but having a history shown of an item on past auctions would be cool too I suppose.

Anyone else heard this rumor yet? Or can confirm it's true?

Brontus
11-18-2016, 07:13 PM
I hope the auction site comes back. I used to have it on in my other monitor while playing P1999. I used to buy and sell much more but not anymore thanks to the hackers/RMTers that forced the site to shut down. I don't have time to run to EC tunnel or to log on an EC mule just to monitor.

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 07:59 PM
I hope the auction site comes back. I used to have it on in my other monitor while playing P1999. I used to buy and sell much more but not anymore thanks to the hackers/RMTers that forced the site to shut down. I don't have time to run to EC tunnel or to log on an EC mule just to monitor.

Agreed. I find myself having to spend so much more time in EC now, and it seems way less fruitful too. If you are looking for a specific item, it can take days to a week for you to get lucky and see the thing for sale!

That's why when I see someone WTB an item and I got it on an alt I never play, I let them know I got that item and can sell it. I know how awful it is waiting for one specific item not knowing when someone might have it for sale.

Swish
11-18-2016, 08:08 PM
Get out there and camp those items yourselves, you'll save more that way.

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 08:21 PM
Get out there and camp those items yourselves, you'll save more that way.

Easy for someone to say when they play on a server that has zones that literally have zero people in them. Camping items on Red is probably pretty easy for you bro.

We on the real server with a real population, with a real problem in EC thanks to not having P99 auction site available any longer.

Stop bringing up your server Swish, no one wants to go to Red.

Swish
11-18-2016, 08:27 PM
At no point in this thread did I bring in red server vs blue server...but I will say you feel more "achieved" in your characters if you quest items or spend the time getting them yourselves.

Arguably just relying on EC all the time plays into the hands of the same Fat Cat Coalition, you're working for them by grinding it out at the seafuries etc.

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 08:35 PM
Arguably just relying on EC all the time plays into the hands of the same Fat Cat Coalition, you're working for them by grinding it out at the seafuries etc.

You don't really believe this, do you?

Swish
11-18-2016, 08:41 PM
You don't really believe this, do you?

It's a fact. People grind at plat camps because they want fungis or whatever out of the tunnel rather than camping them themselves. Most times resellers of the big items are the fat cats. Make them richer, go on now.

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 09:04 PM
It's a fact. People grind at plat camps because they want fungis or whatever out of the tunnel rather than camping them themselves. Most times resellers of the big items are the fat cats. Make them richer, go on now.

Some people don't have the time to sit and wait for the "fat cats" to leave the farming camps like fungi etc. How often you think these camps are open?

People do what they can to get items in the game, to thumb your nose at how someone else plays is condescending especially when you aint taking into consideration some people simply can't farm all the items they may want.

They do what they can, and that's farm plats to buy the items from those who can provide those items.

You know this. I don't know why you pretend as if everything you have on your toons was all farmed by you and yourself alone.

Baler
11-18-2016, 10:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HMdPbQu.gif

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 10:16 PM

nice. :p

RDawg816
11-18-2016, 10:18 PM
I usually run the numbers on things I want. How much does it cost - how easily can I find it for sale - how long would I have to spend to camp it (or the plat).

Usually it's much easier to farm plat, but not always.

Baler
11-18-2016, 10:27 PM
nice. :p
Made it a long while back. I didn't make it for your punk thread.
You're not worth it.

edit:
On the subject of the topic: You shouldn't need a tracking website to know what the prices are. It's all about perception.

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 10:37 PM
Made it a long while back. I didn't make it for your punk thread.
You're not worth it.

edit:
On the subject of the topic: You shouldn't need a tracking website to know what the prices are. It's all about perception.

Love you anyway, Baler! <3 <3 <3

Baler
11-18-2016, 10:38 PM
Love you anyway, Baler! <3 <3 <3

Yeah because you rode my coattails.
I really do not like you. Just like I told you in the PM I sent you.

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 10:50 PM
Yeah because you rode my coattails.

Nah man, I appreciate your fine art of trolling and humorous gifs you provide the forums with. It's ok though, I don't take anything here personal and you shouldn't either. Don't feel threatened, I could never steal your thunder man. Or, ride your coattails etc. Keep being you bro. :p

Swish
11-19-2016, 01:07 AM

thank god for that, this was turning into a bad thread <3

The point I'm trying to make is people will sometimes camp king in Sebilis and some dont want a 2nd fungi so they'll sell it. Fat cats buy it cheap(ish), flip it...and another cash camp player will buy it because he can't be bothered getting into Seb himself.

That's Fat Cat 101, I'm sad I had to type that out because its obvious.

Zekayy
11-19-2016, 05:06 AM
It has returned with the 30 day live stream and recorded auctions called Ahungry.com use it learn it love it. Don't be bad Lhancelot, stop making these shit posts about p99 auctions it's getting old. If you can't sit in ec tunnel and know the prices or use ahungry which is the original website then you shouldn't be buying and selling there's also the p99 wiki that has prices but guess you don't use that either

Swish
11-19-2016, 05:57 AM
Surely the fattest fat cats have an A4 page in a big notebook for prices on the hottest items and constantly update it with who's selling it and for how much?

Get good or get out.

Lhancelot
11-19-2016, 11:24 AM
It has returned with the 30 day live stream and recorded auctions called Ahungry.com use it learn it love it.

I forgot about that one, thanks for reminding me.

Kesselring
11-20-2016, 03:24 AM
Some people don't have the time to sit and wait for the "fat cats" to leave the farming camps like fungi etc. How often you think these camps are open?

People do what they can to get items in the game, to thumb your nose at how someone else plays is condescending especially when you aint taking into consideration some people simply can't farm all the items they may want.

They do what they can, and that's farm plats to buy the items from those who can provide those items.

You know this. I don't know why you pretend as if everything you have on your toons was all farmed by you and yourself alone.

I know some people cant do this because kids but if you have your own life or even married with no kids just get home from work and go to bed, wake up at like 2-3am and most spots are open. EST that is. Nothing wrong with it in my eyes, if you wanna experience a camp for yourself you should. I work night shift so I'm usually on in the morning when most people are at work anyways.

Lord_Snow
11-20-2016, 10:38 AM
I'm with Swish and not getting a group in seb is a terrible excuse. There is no reason why you shouldn't get into a seb group within 20 min of entering the zone unless it's peak time on a Friday. Or you play a useless class. Seb has no problems grouping if you're a tank/cleric/rogue/monk. If you still can't get a group in seb then you have a rep of being lazy and nobody will tell you.

mtkoan
11-20-2016, 03:06 PM
Old reliable still up: http://ahungry.com/eqauctions-live