PDA

View Full Version : WTB an item? Know what you paying for it.

Lhancelot
11-16-2016, 04:45 PM
Random Tunnel Buyer: WTB *** pst!

Me: I got ***, what did you have in mind for your offer on it?

RTB: I don't know. Let me look it up on P99. One sec."

10 minutes pass

RTB "I can't find what it's worth."

2 minutes pass

Me: Ok, I can tell you what it's worth. It's worth 5k-6k. I will take 5.5k for it.

1 minute passes

Me: Ok I got stuff to do, will sell it later. If you interested, send a tell for it.

RTB: Kk.

FFS, please have an idea what you willing to buy an item for, and communicate with the seller when you are WTB something.

Lately I have had the most ridiculous interactions with people in the tunnel... It's as if they think you got 15 minutes to twiddle your thumbs waiting on them to figure shit out.

Another issue I can't stand is the bank run that literally takes 20-30 minutes. The worst thing to hear the guy say when he agrees to buy your item is, "Ok, just got to run to the bank BRB". I instantly think, oh my god, here it goes. 15-30 minutes of wait time.

Zykium
11-16-2016, 04:52 PM
Yesterday I had somebody send me an offer for a Bat Skull Earring offering 125p out of 175p.

I accepted and then they sent me a message asking me to hold onto it for a little bit because they may buy a Black Sapphire Earring instead.

All my 'wut?'s

maskedmelon
11-16-2016, 04:56 PM
Yesterday I had somebody send me an offer for a Bat Skull Earring offering 125p out of 175p.

I accepted and then they sent me a message asking me to hold onto it for a little bit because they may buy a Black Sapphire Earring instead.

All my 'wut?'s

I'd eat it and tell them they could have it when I was finished with it.

Lhancelot
11-16-2016, 05:01 PM

All my 'wut?'s

Yeah, this kind of stuff. People are obviously oblivious to life outside their own cranium. Clearly the entire world is revolving around their own wants and needs, and they may or may not express exactly what those wants and needs are in any sort of sensible manner to you.

Jardaor
11-16-2016, 05:06 PM
Yeah, this kind of stuff. People are obviously oblivious to life outside their own cranium. Clearly the entire world is revolving around their own wants and needs, and they may or may not express exactly what those wants and needs are in any sort of sensible manner to you.

Ever go through the hell of selling something on Craigslist?

EQsale
11-16-2016, 05:07 PM
Random Tunnel Buyer: WTB *** pst!

Me: I got ***, what did you have in mind for your offer on it?

RTB: I don't know. Let me look it up on P99. One sec."

10 minutes pass

RTB "I can't find what it's worth."

2 minutes pass

Me: Ok, I can tell you what it's worth. It's worth 5k-6k. I will take 5.5k for it.

1 minute passes

Me: Ok I got stuff to do, will sell it later. If you interested, send a tell for it.

RTB: Kk.

FFS, please have an idea what you willing to buy an item for, and communicate with the seller when you are WTB something.

Lately I have had the most ridiculous interactions with people in the tunnel... It's as if they think you got 15 minutes to twiddle your thumbs waiting on them to figure shit out.

Another issue I can't stand is the bank run that literally takes 20-30 minutes. The worst thing to hear the guy say when he agrees to buy your item is, "Ok, just got to run to the bank BRB". I instantly think, oh my god, here it goes. 15-30 minutes of wait time.

You sure like to cry like a little bitch alot :eek:

Lhancelot
11-16-2016, 05:12 PM

Never, lol.

Sajan
11-16-2016, 05:13 PM
It's worth 5k-6k. I will take 5.5k for it.

If you came out and said this at first you would have saved yourself a lot of time and headache. Instead, you chose to take a chance to see if you could rip this guy off.

If I'm selling items in the tunnel, I already have a price in mind for my wares and I don't mind putting that price out there first. I'm not much of a haggler though. My prices are generally firm, but not steep and I never have these issues with buyers. Either they go for my price or they don't. You know, just like shopping almost anywhere outside of virtual elf sim.

Maybe I'm just playing devil's advocate here.. But if you didn't have a lot of time couldn't you just meet them at the bank?

All of these problems you're going on about could be fixed by you, but you blame the buyer instead. :confused:

maskedmelon
11-16-2016, 05:16 PM
If you came out and said this at first you would have saved yourself a lot of time and headache. Instead, you chose to take a chance to see if you could rip this guy off.

If I'm selling items in the tunnel, I already have a price in mind for my wares and I don't mind putting that price out there first. I'm not much of a haggler though. My prices are generally firm, but not steep and I never have these issues with buyers. Either they go for my price or they don't. You know, just like shopping almost anywhere outside of virtual elf sim.

Maybe I'm just playing devil's advocate here.. But if you didn't have a lot of time couldn't you just meet them at the bank?

All of these problems you're going on about could be fixed by you, but you blame the buyer instead. :confused:

Think you missed the part where OP wasnt advertising. He was responding to a WTB advertisement...

Yeah...

Lhancelot
11-16-2016, 05:19 PM

If my intention was to rip him off I wouldn't have told him what it was worth and what I would take for it once it was clear he was clueless what the item was worth 10 minutes after we began communicating.

He could have saved me time, by telling me up front that he had no idea what it was worth, and asking me how much I'd take for it, and/or what he was willing to pay for it. He obviously had an idea in his head, or he wouldn't have balked at the price I ended up throwing to him.

It goes both ways. I easily could have lied, and said "oh, it's worth 10k man, I will give you a deal for 8k though!" Just to see if he would do that. I did not do that. That would be trying to rip him off.

fadetree
11-16-2016, 05:19 PM
This guy is obviously one of the hated EC 'fat cats'. Wait till Swish gets a hold of you.

Lhancelot
11-16-2016, 05:20 PM
Think you missed the part where OP wasnt advertising. He was responding to a WTB advertisement...

Yeah...

And this too. ^

Kagey
11-16-2016, 05:24 PM
so you want to sell an item and you dont actually tell him what your selling it for? and he would of offered you 1k for it you also would of acted like this and prolly made another post about it..

Stop expecting someone to highball you with a insane price, pick a price then let the the conversation start.

Vandil
11-16-2016, 05:25 PM
I don't buy from sellers that don't advertise a price. List a price somewhere in your haggle zone. Then we haggle. If I hit below your floor, tell me your floor. It's easy.

Sajan
11-16-2016, 05:28 PM

Yeah...

OP obviously already knew what the item was worth and what he wanted for it. Again, you can save a lot of time and headache simply saying, "Hey, I have xxxxx I'd be willing to sell for <insert highball price here if you're into that thing>" ... and let it go from there.

Sajan
11-16-2016, 05:34 PM
If my intention was to rip him off I wouldn't have told him what it was worth and what I would take for it once it was clear he was clueless what the item was worth 10 minutes after we began communicating.

Generally when you ask someone what they're offering it's not because you are oblivious to an item's worth. It normally means you're waiting for said person to offer you an amount higher than you originally had in mind.

If you can't deal with the mental fortitude that is required for haggling with people who actually go out and play the game instead of tunnelquest, then maybe haggling isn't for you.

I don't mean to come off as an insensitive jerk or a troll, but I've been here for 6 years now and I've never had someone in EC get under my skin so bad that I felt the need to make a rant post about it in Server Chat.

maskedmelon
11-16-2016, 05:42 PM
OP obviously already knew what the item was worth and what he wanted for it. Again, you can save a lot of time and headache simply saying, "Hey, I have xxxxx I'd be willing to sell for <insert highball price here if you're into that thing>" ... and let it go from there.

Yeah, but most of the time if you are not actively selling an item, you don't really have any interest of parting with it at anything less than a premium. Personally, I am super indecisive and I've no interest I squandering a precious decision to choose a price if I don't need to, but am happy to hear what someone is offering if they are looking for it.

I probably wouldn't get irritated about something like this, but don't think there's any honus on people responding to WTB advertisements.

Lhancelot
11-16-2016, 06:51 PM
Yeah, but most of the time if you are not actively selling an item, you don't really have any interest of parting with it at anything less than a premium. Personally, I am super indecisive and I've no interest I squandering a precious decision to choose a price if I don't need to, but am happy to hear what someone is offering if they are looking for it.

I probably wouldn't get irritated about something like this, but don't think there's any honus on people responding to WTB advertisements.

I think my irritation came from the fact I had stuff I needed to tend to, and the guy had me stuck as a tell-hostage for way longer than I felt was necessary. I sent him a tell to his initial WTB request, and I expected him to know what he was willing to pay for an item, after all he was the one wanting to buy.

I could have provided him a price up front, he still would have said, "ok let me go check and see how much it's worth on p99". I don't see how people think that telling him up front a price would have made the interaction more smooth.

I am just happy to share this tunnel experience with you forumquesters, and to hear your very different perspectives regarding it! You guys are the best.

NegaStoat
11-16-2016, 07:44 PM
If I had an item I wanted to sell, I considered a reasonable price and included that in my "WTS Item X" /auction. If I had an item I wanted to buy, I'd ask the seller how much they wanted for what they were selling. Due to their leaving off the price they wanted on their /auction.

The seller would nearly always respond "Make offer." If they had a bit of a brain, it would be " Make an offer " instead, including those extra two letters. I'd always respond " Price X - firm ". And they'd either take it or leave it. Camping out in EC to deal with stuff might be great for people that dual box, but I wasn't one of them.

I'd love to see a New Years' resolution by the staff members to randomly select 4-6 dual logged accounts each day (or every other day) to do the "can you run in circles" test with people in EC that are camped out. I've always wondered why they turn a blind eye to what's going on.

coki
11-16-2016, 07:44 PM
Generally when you ask someone what they're offering it's not because you are oblivious to an item's worth. It normally means you're waiting for said person to offer you an amount higher than you originally had in mind.

If you can't deal with the mental fortitude that is required for haggling with people who actually go out and play the game instead of tunnelquest, then maybe haggling isn't for you.

I don't mean to come off as an insensitive jerk or a troll, but I've been here for 6 years now and I've never had someone in EC get under my skin so bad that I felt the need to make a rant post about it in Server Chat.

Swish
11-16-2016, 08:15 PM
Not worth getting mad about TunnelQuest OP, I'd go out and play the real game ^^

Lhancelot
11-16-2016, 08:24 PM
Not worth getting mad about TunnelQuest OP, I'd go out and play the real game ^^

Stop trying to troll me. :p

Swish
11-16-2016, 08:25 PM
I'm not trying.

rollin5k
11-16-2016, 08:33 PM
You're actually the one that thinks the world revolves around yourself. They have the platinum and you want it, you're actually their bitch so that's why some people treat you that way. You're probably so whiny they didn't want to deal with you

Lhancelot
11-16-2016, 08:35 PM
I'm not trying.

Touché

Lhancelot
11-16-2016, 08:44 PM
Update for you guys saying I was trying to rip the dude off (which I wasn't).

Logged on my alt, did /auc WTS *** for ****pp", and guess what? In 25 secs after I posted the auction the item sold.

I even sold it for more than I had offered to the WTB guy... Karma, I say. Karma knew I was just trying to help the guy out, and rewarded me later with a sale to someone else for even more plats.

I now am a fat cat thanks to this sale!

P.S. <3 you Swish.

SDWV
11-17-2016, 12:06 AM

It's the worst! People ask a zillion questions, say they are going to come buy it, and then never show up.

Lhancelot
11-17-2016, 04:55 AM
You're actually the one that thinks the world revolves around yourself. They have the platinum and you want it, you're actually their bitch so that's why some people treat you that way. You're probably so whiny they didn't want to deal with you

Try harder.

Swish
11-17-2016, 05:23 AM
Update for you guys saying I was trying to rip the dude off (which I wasn't).

Logged on my alt, did /auc WTS *** for ****pp", and guess what? In 25 secs after I posted the auction the item sold.

I even sold it for more than I had offered to the WTB guy... Karma, I say. Karma knew I was just trying to help the guy out, and rewarded me later with a sale to someone else for even more plats.

I now am a fat cat thanks to this sale!

P.S. <3 you Swish.

Who ended up buying it? I bet his face is red right now.

paulgiamatti
11-17-2016, 08:15 AM
I'd love to see a New Years' resolution by the staff members to randomly select 4-6 dual logged accounts each day (or every other day) to do the "can you run in circles" test with people in EC that are camped out. I've always wondered why they turn a blind eye to what's going on.

The people who get away with two-boxing an EC mule aren't doing it with an IP exemption. Also, random boxing tests for people with exemptions wouldn't really make any sense - they do these when two accounts on an exempted IP address exhibit suspicious behavior. They'd be better off doing away with exemptions altogether if they were going to start randomly testing people. If your IP address is exempted and you log a mule to sit in EC while you play on a different account, you're going to get shut down fast.

Lhancelot
11-17-2016, 12:24 PM
Who ended up buying it? I bet his face is red right now.

Would be true if he paid too much, he didn't. He paid the higher end of normal on the item, and thus was NOT ripped off.

He actually walked awake feeling GREAT, he got a nice item he could stick on his toon, and I walked away a fat cat enjoying how much plats I got to count up after the sale.

This was a win/win for us both, and we both enjoyed it equally well, savoring every second of the ingame pixel deal as much as we possibly could.

I am sure if we both had a chance to do it all over again, we both would happily oblige, knowing that full satisfaction would be reached. Again.

I just want to say THANKS to this sensible, normal dude in EC who bought my item without wasting 20 minutes of my time by being a clueless, offish doofus. This interaction left me feeling like there was hope, and there are people that are in the EC tunnel who are capable of interacting in a non-evasive manner.

Lord_Snow
11-17-2016, 03:18 PM
I blame Millenials

Lojik
11-17-2016, 03:36 PM
2 boxing mules wasn't an issue before trump was elected

A1rh3ad
11-17-2016, 03:45 PM
Just assume that someone buying the item is doing a price check with you first. Problem solved. Many people buying stuff have no clue what it is worth especially if they arent too familiar with the item or the game. I remember in vanilla wow someone was selling a tailored item and I asked him for a price check. He came back to me with a price I didnt want to spend so I said "no ty." He started cursing me out in trade chat saying I was a noob and a little bitch and not to sell to me. Apparently he jumped the gun and made the item when all I wanted was a price check. He had the nerve to blame me and attempt to publicly shame me for his idiocy.

A1rh3ad
11-17-2016, 03:48 PM
Anyway my point is the responsibility of setting the price for an item does not fall on the buyer. You dont walk into a store asking if they have an item and have the shopkeep responds with "What is it worth to ya?"

Lhancelot
11-17-2016, 04:09 PM
Anyway my point is the responsibility of setting the price for an item does not fall on the buyer. You dont walk into a store asking if they have an item and have the shopkeep responds with "What is it worth to ya?"

Doesn't apply one bit. An open shout of someone saying "I want to buy a silver helm!" is a far cry from walking into a store that sells silver helms where prices are labeled on each of them for you to see. If you yell you are looking for a specific item, then you probably should have an idea what you are willing to pay for it.

If I /auc I am WTB an item, you can be sure when you send me a tell saying you got the item I will know the most I am willing to pay for said item, before I even initiate any interaction with someone by yelling "WTB ITEM I NEEDS IT NOW!!!!"

If you are initiating the auction by advertising you are WTB something, then yes, the onus is on you to know the max you are going to pay for it, afterall YOU are the one that wants the item, not the seller who contacts you because YOU advertised you wanted something they have.

Doesn't matter, I sold the thing for more than I offered to the guy, it's his loss and my gain.

dbouya
11-17-2016, 04:20 PM
I disagree with all of lhancelot's points.
People who sit in ec all day expect this sort of treatment, people who wander through are clueless and often doing something else.

Lhancelot
11-17-2016, 04:48 PM
I disagree with all of lhancelot's points.
People who sit in ec all day expect this sort of treatment, people who wander through are clueless and often doing something else.

You can lead a horse to water...

Samoht
11-17-2016, 06:00 PM
The only people who respond to WTB requests are the ones looking to charge more than what something is worth. They try to make it into a sellers economy.

They're also the type to advertise WTS items without prices.

Lhancelot
11-17-2016, 06:14 PM
The only people who respond to WTB requests are the ones looking to charge more than what something is worth. They try to make it into a sellers economy.

They're also the type to advertise WTS items without prices.

Wrong.

I got lots of alts and end up finding items sitting on them never being used. So, when I see someone WTB something I know I got on an alt that is doing nothing but collecting dust I might offer the item to sell them.

I get to unload an item and add plats to my mule, and they get an item quickly, saving them time WTB in EC for hours which can be frustrating in itself.

Keep on thinking the world is against you, and that everything is geared in life to destroy you and take your things, and that no one does anything to help others out. Must be a miserable place to be when everything and everyone is out to get you.

Sancta
11-17-2016, 06:29 PM
Best kind of ECTunnel transactions:

A: "How much for xxxx, sir?" (item worth 1k tops, on Wiki, P99Auctions, and Ahungry)

B: "Offer"

A: "800p"

B: "No, Thanks"

A: "Alright, how much then"

B: "Not enough sorry"

A: "That's fine but how much then? I already gave offer, what price did you have in mind"

B: "1200"

A: "How about 1100?"

B: "No thanks, too low"

This story brought you by-
EC Tunnel "Fat Cats"

Edit - Forgot to mention this takes 15-20 minutes

Lhancelot
11-17-2016, 06:41 PM
Best kind of ECTunnel transactions:

A: "How much for xxxx, sir?" (item worth 1k tops, on Wiki, P99Auctions, and Ahungry)

B: "Offer"

A: "800p"

B: "No, Thanks"

A: "Alright, how much then"

B: "Not enough sorry"

A: "That's fine but how much then? I already gave offer, what price did you have in mind"

B: "1200"

A: "How about 1100?"

B: "No thanks, too low"

EC Tunnel "Fat Cats"

Yeah that's annoying too. I just recognize they want more than I am willing to pay, and understand eventually someone will come along selling it for cheaper.

RDawg816
11-17-2016, 07:19 PM
My favorite is when you see someone selling without a price...they ask for an offer and then when you make a reasonable offer they reply with something like "lol" and then don't respond to any of your other tells. Good thing we don't have P99Yelp.com....

Jimjam
11-17-2016, 07:40 PM
Whats the deal with that, Rdawg816? Is it an attempt to shame you into offering more? I don't understand.

bloodmuffin
11-17-2016, 07:51 PM
"WTB - FBSS 1k, Hierophant Cloak 10k, Wavecrasher 1k"

Does that shit ever work?

RDawg816
11-17-2016, 07:58 PM
Whats the deal with that, Rdawg816? Is it an attempt to shame you into offering more? I don't understand.
I don't know. I've seen a couple sellers like that. Like they are seller GEB and I offer 2k (and they're "worth" 2.5) and they just laugh. Then I ask what they are looking for and they don't answer. So I offer a little more....still nothing. I just put them on my list and keep looking. It's weird, I think. It's so hard to send a counter? Even a 2.5k or 3k firm is fine....but nothing? /shrug

Swish
11-17-2016, 08:23 PM
EC Tunnel "Fat Cats"

Yes it does, they can't be looking at 2 monitors at once...one day their number will be up.

Jimjam
11-18-2016, 04:41 AM
Yes it does, they can't be looking at 2 monitors at once...one day their number will be up.

It would be interesting to see which big ticket items get given to EC mules, who the giver and receiver of the item is and if those two characters are subsequently online but with opposite afk times...

A1rh3ad
11-18-2016, 05:31 AM
It would be interesting to see which big ticket items get given to EC mules, who the giver and receiver of the item is and if those two characters are subsequently online but with opposite afk times...

You know i find it funny that its a given to tip for ports and sometimes people tip for res or sow but transfering is never tipped, except one time I was given an item because he didnt want it anymore. Whenever someone asks for an xfer in ec chat ill go ahead and do it. Sometimes I dont know what im getting myself into. This one guy must have transfered items between at least 5 alts and it took somewhere between 20mins to a half hour. He then logged off. I mean, i was doing it to be nice but a few plat for my time wouldnt have hurt. I was holding like 2k for him.

Swish
11-18-2016, 06:50 AM
I soon stopped running across Norrath to rez people as a cleric. Sure its a great feeling to dig people out of the shit (one time notably in Lower Guk a mid 30's group decided they were going to do the deeper camps and wiped hard), but when they claw 25ish plat together between them (can't expect more honestly)...you know you could have ported 10-20 or more people for Dial A Port at the same time.

The true angels of the server continue regardless... not sure if Coeur still plays but he/she would be endlessly digging people out of Dalnir, Kaesora and other nasty places for the sake of helping them out.

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 09:49 AM
I soon stopped running across Norrath to rez people as a cleric. Sure its a great feeling to dig people out of the shit (one time notably in Lower Guk a mid 30's group decided they were going to do the deeper camps and wiped hard), but when they claw 25ish plat together between them (can't expect more honestly)...you know you could have ported 10-20 or more people for Dial A Port at the same time.

The true angels of the server continue regardless... not sure if Coeur still plays but he/she would be endlessly digging people out of Dalnir, Kaesora and other nasty places for the sake of helping them out.

That's pretty cool, I need to level my cleric up I like the healing classes best because of the buffs and help you can give others. I always struggle with what race to make for classes more than anything, though I do seem to end up enjoying humans the most for some reason. Anyway, it would be fun running a cleric around bailing people out with rezzes!

Samoht
11-18-2016, 11:43 AM
I got lots of alts and end up finding items sitting on them never being used. So, when I see someone WTB something I know I got on an alt that is doing nothing but collecting dust I might offer the item to sell them.

Quit lying. You're still going to ask what they're paying, and if it's not more than the normal price, you're going to pass. That's why you answered the WTB in the first place. You're not some kind of EC hero.

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 12:01 PM
Quit lying. You're still going to ask what they're paying, and if it's not more than the normal price, you're going to pass. That's why you answered the WTB in the first place. You're not some kind of EC hero.

I am editing this.

You don't deserve an explanation past what I already have given on this topic. I don't try to be a "hero in ec".

I buy low, sell high, and stay within the price ranges of normalcy and make decent money this way when I feel like tunnelquesting. I don't do it a lot, but I can when I need to.

I can only assume you are making statements purely based on what you do, because I don't do that, and have offered many examples of proof showing I don't do that, nothing indicating I am trying to screw people over.

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 12:20 PM
I want to point out that if I had a 10k item, and asked someone, "what are you offering for it", and they said, "oh... uh I will give you 15k for it..." I would agree and take their 15k. Anyone that is going to say they wouldn't is full of shit. No one here would say, "oh you know that's way too much! How about you just give me 10k for it."

So, when I contact someone WTB an item, I am going to first ask to see what they will pay. Now, if they say they aren't sure what it is worth, I will do what I did with this guy. I might tell them what it's worth, and I definitely will tell them what I will take for it.

You can rest assured I will not sell it for less than I paid for it and I will make a profit on it. But, I won't lie and say it's worth more than it is, or try to sell the item for double it's worth.

I am happy just making a profit off an item even if it's only 100pp. I know all the profits add up so I don't hoard pixels till I can get the max amount for them later on down the road like some people do.

Tune
11-18-2016, 12:55 PM
I want to point out that if I had a 10k item, and asked someone, "what are you offering for it", and they said, "oh... uh I will give you 15k for it..." I would agree and take their 15k. Anyone that is going to say they wouldn't is full of shit. No one here would say, "oh you know that's way too much! How about you just give me 10k for it."

So, when I contact someone WTB an item, I am going to first ask to see what they will pay. Now, if they say they aren't sure what it is worth, I will do what I did with this guy. I might tell them what it's worth, and I definitely will tell them what I will take for it.

You can rest assured I will not sell it for less than I paid for it and I will make a profit on it. But, I won't lie and say it's worth more than it is, or try to sell the item for double it's worth.

I am happy just making a profit off an item even if it's only 100pp. I know all the profits add up so I don't hoard pixels till I can get the max amount for them later on down the road like some people do.

sounds like this thread is you contradicting yourself over and over

make fair prices and tell people your price from the get go

also if u have to sell said item for X and you really need that price... list it slightly higher to leave some room to haggle

should solve your problems

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 01:02 PM
sounds like this thread is you contradicting yourself over and over

make fair prices and tell people your price from the get go

also if u have to sell said item for X and you really need that price... list it slightly higher to leave some room to haggle

should solve your problems

I don't have problems, per se. I just have a problem with clueless people in EC that waste others time when not sure what they want or how much they want to pay for it.

I also have a problem with people that say, "going to the bank brb" and then take 20-30 mins to go to the bank to pay me for an item. Yes, this happens a lot too.

Basically I don't care about indecision, as long as it's sorted out quickly. If you don't know what you are WTB an item for, then don't say you are WTB an item. It's pretty simple actually.

If you need to go to the bank to pay me 1k plats for an item, cool. Just don't leave me waiting in EC for 20-30 mins while you jerk around taking your time because you are not in any kind of hurry for the item or to pay me.

My point is, be considerate to other people you are dealing with. That's it.

Whirled
11-18-2016, 01:12 PM

I gave a port to someone a long time ago and they gave me Emissary of Thule (http://wiki.project1999.com/Emissary_of_Thule). I offered it back, but they insisted that I take it. I thanked them for their generosity and assured them I would pay it forward. I gave it away to the next necro I saw which needed it.
Not everyone is out to screw over another player that's playing a game. Some actually want others to enjoy their game also instead of having to amass stupid amount of imaginary coins while another hoards it in their bank or whatever.

Generalizations are evil. Don't be evil.

Vandil
11-18-2016, 01:14 PM
Generalizations are evil. Don't be evil.

Only the Sith deal in absolutes. - A Jedi.

Whirled
11-18-2016, 01:21 PM
Only the Sith deal in absolutes. - A Jedi.

I live in the real world, not a movie ~a logical guy

Samoht
11-18-2016, 01:26 PM
I don't have problems, per se. I just have a problem with clueless people in EC that waste others time when not sure what they want or how much they want to pay for it.

I also have a problem with people that say, "going to the bank brb" and then take 20-30 mins to go to the bank to pay me for an item. Yes, this happens a lot too.

Basically I don't care about indecision, as long as it's sorted out quickly. If you don't know what you are WTB an item for, then don't say you are WTB an item. It's pretty simple actually.

If you need to go to the bank to pay me 1k plats for an item, cool. Just don't leave me waiting in EC for 20-30 mins while you jerk around taking your time because you are not in any kind of hurry for the item or to pay me.

My point is, be considerate to other people you are dealing with. That's it.

You sound exactly like a wall street banker having to deal with a high school kid fixing you a sandwich at Subway.

"I'm sorry, sir, we don't serve filet minion at Subway."

Then you come to the forums and complain about it.

Who's wasting who's time?

paulgiamatti
11-18-2016, 01:31 PM

Who's wasting *whose time?

Tuurin
11-18-2016, 01:36 PM
I live in the real world, not a movie ~a logical guy

Everquest isn't the real world - everyone

Whirled
11-18-2016, 01:46 PM
Everquest isn't the real world - everyone

No kidding?! wow, you're an eye opener.
https://img.ifcdn.com/images/931fbd98436a14e5432d1a5619fbcaa81d9c0b3bd0a08e6105 8ba89e22aa31e8_1.gif
I wasn't going to reply but you deserve this at the very least^

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 02:05 PM
You sound exactly like a wall street banker having to deal with a high school kid fixing you a sandwich at Subway.

"I'm sorry, sir, we don't serve filet minion at Subway."

Then you come to the forums and complain about it.

I think you just create a response without actually reading any of the quotes you provide. Just saying.

Samoht
11-18-2016, 02:42 PM
I think you just create a response without actually reading any of the quotes you provide. Just saying.

I think you're just full of yourself and refuse to see how you're in the wrong. Your behavior is exactly the same as the behavior you complain about.

I hope I never have to deal with you in EC.

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 02:55 PM
I think you're just full of yourself and refuse to see how you're in the wrong. Your behavior is exactly the same as the behavior you complain about.

I hope I never have to deal with you in EC.

If you spent any time there I am sure we have dealt with one another. You'd never have any problem with me either. You are overreacting and thinking you see something that isn't there. But not my problem, that's yours. :p

The reality is in the game I show nothing but respect and patience even to trogs that can't communicate effectively or waste others' time by taking an inexorbitant amount of time to go to the bank or w/e.

I just find it fun to vent here on the forums, and sometimes it's even more fun reading different perspectives on my experiences. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

dbouya
11-19-2016, 07:29 PM

This is why people annoy you.
When someone starts an interaction like this with me, I assume they're trying to screw me over, by hoping I'll offer 15k. So, I either just move on and go where ever I was headed next or I spend a million minutes researching the right price. Which results in me not replying to their tell in a timely fashion, or perhaps at all.

On the flipside if they just immediately told me a price I'd have immediately replied yes or no. This is why stores IRL can sell things at such a rapid pace.

If you're ever doing any tunnel questing, the onus is on you to try and sell things to the people passing through, not the other way around. It's like you paid 25$ for a parking space at a flea market (IRL). You're responsible for sealing deals with the people who walk by your folding table. If you're just saying crazy vague stuff to them they'll keep walking.

Now if you were just passing through, and noticed someone saying WTB, then the vagueness would make sense, he was acting like more like a cash for gold store (IRL), and you didn't really know what to say when you walked in. You've since admitted though this wasn't the case. Even if you made it sound that way originally in the OP.

Lhancelot
11-19-2016, 07:41 PM
This is why people annoy you.
When someone starts an interaction like this with me, I assume they're trying to screw me over, by hoping I'll offer 15k, so I either just move on and go where ever I was headed next or I spend a million minutes researching the right price. Which results in me not replying to their tell in a timely fashion, or perhaps at all.

On the flipside if they just immediately told me a price I'd have immediately replied yes or no. This is why stores IRL can sell things at such a rapid pace.

If you're ever doing any tunnel questing, the onus is on you to try and sell things to the people passing through, not the other way around. It's like you paid 25$ for a parking space at a flea market (IRL). You're responsible for sealing deals with the people who walk by your folding table. If you're just saying crazy vague stuff to them they'll keep walking.

Now if you were just passing through, and noticed someone saying WTB, then the vagueness would make sense, he was acting like more like a cash for gold store, and you didn't really know what to say when you walked in. You've since admitted though this wasn't the case. Even if you made it sound that way originally in the OP.

The guy opened himself up to a tell offering said item when he said, "WTB item". Majority of people are going to initiate the convo with, "ok what are you offering for my item?" This isn't being greedy, this is being pragmatic.

Basically the guy had no clue what the item was worth, even when given a reasonable price to buy it, he still wasn't sure... so he decided to not buy it from me. I sold it for more than I offered it to him later on.

I just was annoyed with the time it took him to reach the conclusion he didn't want the item for the price I offered. Not that he didn't buy from me, just how long it took for me to basically make up his mind for him.

It took forever dealing with him, when he was the one that supposedly wanted this item.

I won't do it again, after a minute or so I will simply cut the deal off and move along if the person seems incapable of responding back in what I consider a timely fashion.

dbouya
11-19-2016, 08:32 PM
The guy opened himself up to a tell offering said item when he said, "WTB item". Majority of people are going to initiate the convo with, "ok what are you offering for my item?" This isn't being greedy, this is being pragmatic.

Yes, that's exactly what I said. That was my point. You're a tunnelquester. You're the store. People who aren't stores don't say statements like that :-p
I guess my pawn shop and flea market analogies didn't make sense to people who don't go to places like those.

Ravager
11-19-2016, 08:37 PM
Who's wasting *whose time?
Who's wasting whom's time?

RDawg816
11-19-2016, 08:58 PM
Who's wasting whom's time?
That's just being silly.

Ravager
11-19-2016, 09:20 PM
That's just being silly.
I know, it's improper graham crackers.

Swish
11-19-2016, 09:28 PM

Basically the guy had no clue what the item was worth, even when given a reasonable price to buy it, he still wasn't sure... so he decided to not buy it from me. I sold it for more than I offered it to him later on.

I just was annoyed with the time it took him to reach the conclusion he didn't want the item for the price I offered. Not that he didn't buy from me, just how long it took for me to basically make up his mind for him.

It took forever dealing with him, when he was the one that supposedly wanted this item.

I won't do it again, after a minute or so I will simply cut the deal off and move along if the person seems incapable of responding back in what I consider a timely fashion.

Write a guide on EC Tunnel etiquette for the wiki that everyone can refer to. Go on. These people who play EverQuest have no idea what's expected of them at T1.

Lhancelot
11-19-2016, 09:51 PM
Write a guide on EC Tunnel etiquette for the wiki that everyone can refer to. Go on. These people who play EverQuest have no idea what's expected of them at T1.

The problem here is etiquette for me may be different etiquette for you. Cultural differences and all.

For instance, I am a dwarf, you are a troll. Troll etiquette is primitive and stupid to dwarves, but for you trolls how you behave and carry on about your tunnelquesting may seem quite normal to you.

My guide would only reach a handful of individuals receptive to it, thus a big waste of time.

Sorry to disappoint, but I am keeping all my tunnelquesting etiquette and knowledge to myself from here on out.

I have tried to enlighten some of you, and you simply lack the capacity to accept what is ultimately the shining beacon of truth.

You choose to live in darkness, the torch of enlightenment I offered you was refused by your own accord.

I have nothing left to offer you filthy heathens. May you get ripped off in the EC tunnels indefinitely and the fat cats live forever there in shameful riches.

Samoht
11-21-2016, 11:52 AM
I am keeping all my tunnelquesting etiquette and knowledge to myself from here on out.

That's probably for the better... You've ignored all of the people who have tried to help you, and you continue to insist that you're some kind of EC hero even when you're clearly in the wrong.

Lhancelot
11-21-2016, 12:35 PM
you're some kind of EC hero...

I have to admit. Usually I don't like being given titles, titles are so confining of ones true meaning in life.

Often times, for instance, if you are titled "fireman" as per your job in this life, you never seem to live past that title in people's minds. You are just "Bob, the fireman."

Never mind you may feed the neighborhood birds, care for shelter dogs on your time off from work, are a good husband, and a wonderful human being in general.

You will never be called, "Bob the bird feeding, shelter dog caretaking, family man extraordinaire."

Nope. You will always just be "Bob, the fireman", thanks to the fact often times we are given titles for very simplistic reasons. Perhaps for the job we work, or how we look physically, etc.

Seeing how not many titles are given on P99 Everquest, I accept this one you have given me.

Thanks Thomas. With pride I accept my new title, "Lhancelot, Hero of The East Commons."

Samoht
11-21-2016, 03:13 PM
The hero nobody wants, and that's giving very little help.

Lhancelot
11-21-2016, 04:05 PM
The hero nobody wants, and that's giving very little help.

I feel like a certain U.S. presidential elect now...

Samoht
11-21-2016, 05:16 PM
anybodybuthillary2016