PDA

View Full Version : Can't get Titaniam file copy to work. Help?

Dragonslayer
11-14-2016, 11:53 PM
I copied the EQTitanium folder off a friends laptop and to be safe I extracted the new file on the home page and over writ all files inside. When I attempt to launch from the "Launch Titanium" it gives me the warning spoing sound. What could be causing me to not be able to log in. I noticed the eqhost directions were no longer on the how to get started section where you change it. I looked in the eqhost folder and it is set to [LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

is this still the correct direct command to P99?

paulgiamatti
11-15-2016, 02:12 AM
Yes, that is the correct address for eqhost.txt.

Dragonslayer
11-15-2016, 02:54 AM
This is the exact message I am getting.

The instruction at 0x02crf0ce referenced memory at 0xfffffffc. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program.

Any solutions?

Tankdan
11-15-2016, 03:36 AM
This is the exact message I am getting.

The instruction at 0x02crf0ce referenced memory at 0xfffffffc. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program.

Any solutions?

Usually a resolution issue.. Mess with settings, can also right click EQ file on desktop then set resolution to the lowest option temporarily, then change reso when in game.

Dragonslayer
11-15-2016, 04:25 AM
Ok. I set it to be compatible with windows 7 ..duh! and set it for the lowest resolution and it finally launches. Now the damn thing is telling me wrong password. isn't it now the same info you use to log into the site here?

Dragonslayer
11-15-2016, 04:34 AM
WOOOT! I got it going and somehow rediscoverd an old long lost account i thought I remembered. Well thank you guys! May you all be blessed with plat!

Dragonslayer
11-15-2016, 12:55 PM
I'm in but it's not all shits and giggles. i have a problem now and I'll explain it here.

I did like suggested and i opened up the properties on the eqclint.exe short cut and set to be compatible with windows 7 and clicked the box that says "run in 640x480". this allowed me to log into the game. Once inside I opened the options tab and set the resolution to "1280x960". Now if I log out and un-check the 640x480 I get the same error message. I have to keep the 640x480 checked in the eqclient.exe button which is annoying as hell to have the log in graphics so damn big but have to actually log in by clicking the "Launch Titanium" button. if I don't have both these button on my desktop, I get the error. If check the same 640x480 nin the Launch titanium I get the error again. So it has to be checked in the eqclient and not in the launch Titanium to work.

The second issues is once in the game, it seems I have bug issues. Not always but some times if I click a link on an item in ECtunnel it drops me out of full screen and I have to open options and go back to full. Same thing with the actions window. If I click any thing on my actions window it drops me out of full screen. If I log out of the game, it drops me out of full screen at the character screen. It's getting annoying as hell.

It's like I have to do stuff in such a combination it's like hopping on one leg, patting you head while singing marry Had a Little Lamb to get it to work.

Any one understand this?

Dragonslayer
11-15-2016, 01:43 PM
Ok. I seem to have fixed the in game resolution, full screen issue but I still can't escape having to have the 640x480 box checked in the eqclient.exe.

Tankdan
11-15-2016, 06:07 PM
Try to open up your eqclient.ini file in notepad and edit the resolution settings there.

Yes do this

manually change the numbers to your native res and save

also be sure to run EQ in Windowed Fullscreen, it works best.

Dragonslayer
11-16-2016, 12:59 AM
Yes do this

manually change the numbers to your native res and save

also be sure to run EQ in Windowed Fullscreen, it works best.

Did all this. Set the res to my monitors current res. In game works fine now. It's just getting there. I still can't get into the game unless the compatibility of the eqgame.exe (button) file had the box checked for 680x480. If I uncheck this it give me the error again. I have to have it checked in the eqgame.exe (button) but not in the launch Titanium button. I have to use the Launch Titanium to launch the game. It want work by clicking the eqclient.exe even though that's the button with the checked box. It's odd as hell. I have to have both button on my desktop as well for this to even work.

paulgiamatti
11-16-2016, 08:12 AM
The game client will only connect to the EQEmu server list if it has the "patchme" parameter passed to it at runtime, which can only be configured through a shortcut or a batch file - eqgame.exe is the client executable itself, which is why it lets you configure compatibility settings and such, while Launch Titanium is a batch file that runs eqgame.exe with the "patchme" parameter.

Right-click eqgame.exe to create a new shortcut and call it whatever you want, and then configure it as such:

http://imgur.com/MxPxwvh.png

Also, make sure you do not have EQ installed in Program Files.

Dragonslayer
11-16-2016, 01:30 PM
The game client will only connect to the EQEmu server list if it has the "patchme" parameter passed to it at runtime, which can only be configured through a shortcut or a batch file - eqgame.exe is the client executable itself, which is why it lets you configure compatibility settings and such, while Launch Titanium is a batch file that runs eqgame.exe with the "patchme" parameter.

Right-click eqgame.exe to create a new shortcut and call it whatever you want, and then configure it as such:

http://imgur.com/MxPxwvh.png

Also, make sure you do not have EQ installed in Program Files.

This is the button i am referring too. If you notice the compatibility button; this is where i have to check the box that says 640x480 and also the run as administrator. Is this how yours is checked or do you have one of the other boxes checked? I'm not tech savvy so i don't know what the other box choices are for.

I added the patchme and now this button launches the game. Now if you can help me figure out which of these other boxes under compatibility I need to have checked so that I can uncheck the 640x480? that is so damn annoying to have my screen blow up like it does during launch. Your help is most appreciated.

Thulack
11-16-2016, 04:05 PM
This is the button i am referring too. If you notice the compatibility button; this is where i have to check the box that says 640x480 and also the run as administrator. Is this how yours is checked or do you have one of the other boxes checked? I'm not tech savvy so i don't know what the other box choices are for.

I added the patchme and now this button launches the game. Now if you can help me figure out which of these other boxes under compatibility I need to have checked so that I can uncheck the 640x480? that is so damn annoying to have my screen blow up like it does during launch. Your help is most appreciated.

remove Eq from your program folder and change all the eqclient.ini resolutions again.

Ashintar
11-16-2016, 06:09 PM
Make sure you have not accidentally installed Everquest to its default path, Program Files. That fucks a lot of things up if you do that.

Move the folder to your C drive.

After all of the posts in this forum about not installing to the default path how is this still a thing?

Dragonslayer
11-17-2016, 03:25 AM
remove Eq from your program folder and change all the eqclient.ini resolutions again.

It was never in my Program files but out side of them.

paulgiamatti
11-17-2016, 04:43 AM
Ok, so:

a) If your EverQuest folder is outside of Program Files then you shouldn't need to run anything as an administrator. So first of all go ahead and uncheck "Run this program as an administrator" on anything that has it checked.

b) You don't want to check anything except "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" in your shortcut's Compatibility tab. Uncheck everything else. Make sure any other options are unchecked on the actual .exe file as well.

c) You shouldn't need any other shortcuts placed anywhere. All you need is one shortcut, and you can put it wherever you want. Put it on your desktop, pin it to your taskbar or start menu, etc. Any extra shortcuts or use of the Launch Titanium batch file are completely optional, and the actual Launch Titanium.bat needs to stay in your EverQuest directory to work properly, but you can create a shortcut for this if you want to. Since you're using a legit version of EQ, you might actually have a Launch Titanium.exe or something - just leave it in your EQ directory and create a shortcut for it if you need to. If you use this to launch EQ, make sure you have the Compatibility settings configured as explained in step b).

d) Now that you've successfully launched EverQuest, the client has automatically generated your eqclient.ini file, so go into your EverQuest folder and open it using Notepad. Once opened, press Control + F and search for WindowedWidth. If you're playing in windowed mode, then the first two settings are the only ones that matter: WindowedWidth and WindowedHeight. Change your eqclient.ini [VideoMode] settings so that they look like this, and then save the file:

[VideoMode]
WindowedWidth=1280
WindowedHeight=960
Width=640
Height=480
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=640
HeightWindowed=480

Dragonslayer
11-17-2016, 05:58 AM
Ok, so:

a) If your EverQuest folder is outside of Program Files then you shouldn't need to run anything as an administrator. So first of all go ahead and uncheck "Run this program as an administrator" on anything that has it checked.

b) You don't want to check anything except "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" in your shortcut's Compatibility tab. Uncheck everything else. Make sure any other options are unchecked on the actual .exe file as well.

c) You shouldn't need any other shortcuts placed anywhere. All you need is one shortcut, and you can put it wherever you want. Put it on your desktop, pin it to your taskbar or start menu, etc. Any extra shortcuts or use of the Launch Titanium batch file are completely optional, and the actual Launch Titanium.bat needs to stay in your EverQuest directory to work properly, but you can create a shortcut for this if you want to. Since you're using a legit version of EQ, you might actually have a Launch Titanium.exe or something - just leave it in your EQ directory and create a shortcut for it if you need to. If you use this to launch EQ, make sure you have the Compatibility settings configured as explained in step b).

d) Now that you've successfully launched EverQuest, the client has automatically generated your eqclient.ini file, so go into your EverQuest folder and open it using Notepad. Once opened, press Control + F and search for WindowedWidth. If you're playing in windowed mode, then the first two settings are the only ones that matter: WindowedWidth and WindowedHeight. Change your eqclient.ini [VideoMode] settings so that they look like this, and then save the file:

[VideoMode]
WindowedWidth=1280
WindowedHeight=960
Width=640
Height=480
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=640
HeightWindowed=480

Ok. I already fixed the button situation of having to have both on my screen when i applied you suggestion of adding "patchme" to the exe button. That fixed the need to use Launch Titanium so i removed that from desktop.

As for the .ini I have already changed that to 1920x1080 which is my res on desktop to all of those selections as I play in fullscreen mode.

I'll now try the suggestion of unchecking administration and any othr selections aside from run in compatibility mode. I use windows 7 so I think I have all options available to you as well. I'll keep you updated as to how it goes.

Thanks again.

paulgiamatti
11-17-2016, 06:08 AM
It's reducing your screen resolution to 640x480 because you have that option still checked somewhere then, but you don't need it checked now that you have an eqclient.ini. Should be good to go once you've unchecked that on eqgame.exe and its shortcut.