PDA

View Full Version : Barrel roll needs nerfed gives dwf rog unfair advantage!

Lhancelot
11-13-2016, 01:21 PM
I am surprised this has not been addressed earlier, dwarfs all get barrell roll and this ability gives rogues in particular a huge advantage over the other races regarding the rogue class!

1. Barrell shoots the dwarf furhter ahead faster, this move alone gives the rogue the ability to generate more power in the thrust of their backstab. This is why on the record for highest damage of back stabs, dwarfs are all at the top. Definitely not fair.

2. Barrell roll also enables dwarf rogues to perform a cheating move called by some a "passthrough stab", or a "ghost step" much more easily, as it can be done anytime the dwarf rogue wants. The dwarf rogue does not have to wait and time the move perfectly after a mob begins it's swing as other races do!

3. Another aspect to this ability that is often times overlooked, but imo equally important to consider why it should be removed is the mere fact the ability is too fun! Why does only one race get such a game breaking ability, that ALSO is cool and fun looking?! This is totally unfair!

4. One of the biggest problems I have with barrel roll is the fact it's totally misogynistic. Not only does it have all the unfair advantages noted above, it is also only available to MALE dwarf rogues! In this day and age, classic or not this should be fixed. Either make it so female dwarfs can do it too, or just remove the ability all together! Our children learn from us adults, and how can we leave something so misogynistic in the game? What does this teach our future leaders of society?

I urge anyone reading this post to leave a comment.

Let's make it clear we will not stand for such disparaging treatment against the other rogue races OR the female dwarfs who cannot barrel roll.

Caiu
11-13-2016, 01:36 PM
cringe

Pumpedup
11-13-2016, 01:36 PM
this kid needs a job

Swish
11-13-2016, 06:46 PM
OP when he posted this

http://i.imgur.com/7igolAW.jpg

Rygar
11-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Sad attempt at riding Skarlorn's coat tails. Very cringe worthy, please issue public apology for this thread OP

Lhancelot
11-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Sad attempt at riding Skarlorn's coat tails. Very cringe worthy, please issue public apology for this thread OP

After doing some research, I found that Skarlorn has yet to copyright details of the dwarf rogue, or anything concerning barrel rolling.

I refuse to issue such an apology! I have created this from my own observation and personal experience on this race/class.

Let's keep this thread on point, shall we? The fact is this race/cass combo has an ability no others get.

If you can't follow this thread properly I have to ask you to please not comment at all.

big_ole_jpn
11-13-2016, 10:42 PM
I did at least attempt skimming it til my face started contorting into cringe

Better luck next time dude!

Kaight
11-13-2016, 10:54 PM
4. One of the biggest problems I have with barrel roll is the fact it's totally misogynistic. Not only does it have all the unfair advantages noted above, it is also only available to MALE dwarf rogues! In this day and age, classic or not this should be fixed. Either make it so female dwarfs can do it too, or just remove the ability all together! Our children learn from us adults, and how can we leave something so misogynistic in the game? What does this teach our future leaders of society?

paulgiamatti
11-14-2016, 12:09 AM
Barrel-rolling is how male dwarves attract a mate. Bearded female dwarves are female-to-male dwarf transsexuals - proof of McQuaid's visionary social progressivism.

Salahdin
11-14-2016, 12:15 AM
Barrel-rolling is how male dwarves attract a mate. Bearded female dwarves are female-to-male dwarf transsexuals - proof of McQuaid's visionary social progressivism.

Pretty sure Brad would cringe if he read your post.

I would hope as pure and masculine as Brad is he never intended a gimmic to be used as transgender reasoning to be wierd.

I say SHAVE them all off.

Rygar
11-14-2016, 09:30 AM

Thank you for bringing some form of quality entertainment to this thread!

Actually your post reminded me of an article on Finding Nemo, where in real life the dominant male clown fish will turn female and take a mate. So it isn't a story about finding his son, but his quest to transgender into a female, mate with his son, and repopulate his species.

Leave it to Disney...

Lhancelot
11-14-2016, 10:41 AM

Yes, thank you Paul for adding some positivity, creativity, and humor to this thread!

Even more amazing, Instead of repeating what every other trolling conformist wrote you managed to write something imaginative and funny without using the most popular p99 forum post buzz word!

I couldn't help but cringe every time I read it, in fact.

<3 Paulgiamatti

kgallowaypa
11-14-2016, 10:58 AM
he's in the height of addiction

maskedmelon
11-14-2016, 11:00 AM
Everyone knows that dwarves are as hard and rigid as the stone they burrow from. They can barely manage the tuck as it is. Just watch how their faces contort every time they do it. Now strap a pair of wintersquash to your chest, fill them with sand and wrap them with iron and try it. Not fucking happening :c

maskedmelon
11-14-2016, 11:11 AM
Have to agree though that while impractical for "female" dwarves (everyone knows that dwarven society, like giants is one of ubiquitous homosexuality and dwarves do not reproduce, they simply spring from the ground) the lack of this or similar animated diversity among other races is highly discriminatory.

#banbarrelroll

Lhancelot
11-14-2016, 11:51 AM
Everyone knows that dwarves are as hard and rigid as the stone they burrow from. They can barely manage the tuck as it is. Just watch how their faces contort every time they do it. Now strap a pair of wintersquash to your chest, fill them with sand and wrap them with iron and try it. Not fucking happening :c

Great point. I wonder if they really thought it out so deeply though.

I was looking at the ogres and trolls a while back and one thing I am impressed with concerning EQ1 graphics is how semi-realistic they did the less attractive races.

The funniest thing for me is how the female troll and ogres have flat, droopy boobs. No other game that I know of ever depicted their characters in this fashion.

Seems ever since WoW and EQ2 all games have made it impossible to pick a truly ugly, skinny, scrawny, obese character.

On SWTOR you can pick "body type 4", but in reality this large male model is quite muscular, and the female model is simply curvy.

I always lamented the fact I couldn't make a gigantic, grossly obese sorc healer on SWTOR.

maskedmelon
11-14-2016, 12:02 PM
ESO allowed players to make fat people and made it a challenge to create a non-ugly face, which I found exceptionally immersive ^^ But yeah, not many games (any that I can think of) that strove to make ugly races, extra ugly. Most just stopped at ugly.

Jimjam
11-14-2016, 01:43 PM
I've always maintained that Dwarfs and Elves are the male and female form of the same species.

Gnomes are the juvenile form, yet to complete the process of sexual dimorphism.

GinnasP99
11-14-2016, 01:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFXUYl2ljqI

Lhancelot
11-14-2016, 01:53 PM
The stuff dwarfs can do with barrel roll, this video showcases exactly why this ability needs nerfed.

Glad someone came out of the shadows to enlighten those who thought barrel roll was just a gimmick! It's not.

That's pretty funny. How convenient a video was made showing dwarfs and their rolls, back flips, flips, and overall god-mode.

Thanks for the awesome vid, I never seen this before. :)

Rhambuk
11-14-2016, 02:07 PM
Love my barrel roll. A standing backwards roll is always impressive to the ladies

skarlorn
11-14-2016, 04:16 PM
Yes, it is an unfair advantage.

#classic

Lhancelot
11-14-2016, 04:24 PM
Yes, it is an unfair advantage.

#classic

Confirmed by the dwfrog master himself, thank you.

Lord_Snow
11-14-2016, 07:03 PM
Post by high-school kids, now the forums are classic.

Lhancelot
11-14-2016, 07:14 PM
Post by high-school kids, now the forums are classic.

Hey I have nothing to add to a thread but insults. At least it makes me feel superior.

nirreln
11-16-2016, 03:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ImLlEO90Do
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtwJvgPJ9xw

korwl
11-16-2016, 04:37 PM
How did so many people miss the blatantly sardonic tone? It's a parody, folks.

Jardaor
11-16-2016, 04:37 PM
I don't post here much. I cringed like a motherfucker. Too corny man.

Lhancelot
11-16-2016, 04:48 PM

NM that, just check this out. If anything good came out of this post, it was this awesome video! Worthy of a thread itself...

This video is so cool imo. :p

Jardaor
11-16-2016, 04:58 PM

Oh, we get it.

Lhancelot
11-16-2016, 05:11 PM
Oh, we get it.

Threads are like growing plants, and sometimes fruit are born from the thread thanks to other people adding insight, wit, intelligence to the thread.

Sadly, your fruit is rotten and tasteless. You should try to add something better, you might feel better because of it.

Jardaor
11-16-2016, 06:00 PM
Threads are like growing plants, and sometimes fruit are born from the thread thanks to other people adding insight, wit, intelligence to the thread.

Sadly, your fruit is rotten and tasteless. You should try to add something better, you might feel better because of it.

So, what I am hearing is that you planted a turd and a mushroom grew out of it. I concur. No one wants the turd in the end though, just the mushroom. The layer of the turd cannot claim the mushroom and people who step in the turd are righteous in their indignation.

Lhancelot
11-16-2016, 06:05 PM
So, what I am hearing is that you planted a turd and a mushroom grew out of it. I concur. No one wants the turd in the end though, just the mushroom. The layer of the turd cannot claim the mushroom and people who step in the turd are righteous in their indignation.

I love mushrooms.