PDA

View Full Version : What happened?

Jauna
11-13-2016, 12:57 AM
The MMO Cycle. p99 has been a part of it for like 7 year now or so. Get bored of one, back to p99, get burned on p99, back to another mmo, repeat.

But this time I got burnt out on another MMO and I cant seem to get back into p99. Still do not have a 60, but I have a full-ish suit of resist gear but my 57 bard just never really got to the end zone.

Am I perma-burnt out?
Or do I need to find a new mmo to fill the newfound void?

aMindAmok
11-13-2016, 01:01 AM
maybe a different class would help.

Mantis187
11-13-2016, 01:03 AM
there is no current MMO to replace EQ, nor will i doubt there ever will be MAYBE Pantheon but well see

Landael
11-13-2016, 10:15 AM
you're a bard, just switch playstyle. If you swarmed, start charming, or grouping, or duoing using Another player as a pet while snaredot kiting.
Root rot aoe dot style with a nec or druid (fun stuff!) the possibilies are endless.
Also once chardok 2.0 comes out there's that halfling mask to farm for weeks so you can look at your lil feetsies run superfast =)

Look up some wierd old or new quests to sink hours into even if the item isnt BiS just the accomplishment I find is sometimes half the Point.

Yeah or start Another class altogether.

Lhancelot
11-13-2016, 11:16 AM
The MMO Cycle. p99 has been a part of it for like 7 year now or so. Get bored of one, back to p99, get burned on p99, back to another mmo, repeat.

But this time I got burnt out on another MMO and I cant seem to get back into p99. Still do not have a 60, but I have a full-ish suit of resist gear but my 57 bard just never really got to the end zone.

Am I perma-burnt out?
Or do I need to find a new mmo to fill the newfound void?

To help you make your exit a final one, I have a process that will end successfully. It begins like this:

1. Give me all your stuff.

2. Uninstall P99 from your computer, and throw away your hard copies of Everquest Titanium.

3. To truly ensure P99 is gone from your life, you are going to have to go to a hpynotist. Once you have undergone 6 months of hypnotic trance induced detox, you should be fine and ready to move onto other MMOs, never looking back in the direction of P99.

P.S. Send me a message via the forums, I will let you know who one of my alts names are so I can collect your stuff. You will thank me for this one day.

P.P.S. The other great thing about this process is that new MMOs and other games are so awful now, you essentially will lose your MMO addiction. By destroying your p99 addiction, you inadvertently are destroying your MMO addiction.

Swish
11-13-2016, 11:27 AM
Right now I've got about 10 characters and I'm making no progress with any of them, no sense of direction, etc.

I think the only thing that would channel my enthusiasm to sit down and work at something is discord, recycle server, pvp teams...something fresh, you know?

Lhancelot
11-13-2016, 11:31 AM
Right now I've got about 10 characters and I'm making no progress with any of them, no sense of direction, etc.

I think the only thing that would channel my enthusiasm to sit down and work at something is discord, recycle server, pvp teams...something fresh, you know?

I recreated a druid, different race and doing stuff I didn't do on my first druid because velious had not come out yet when I first made my old druid. I am finding it fun still.

I agree though, I wish they would add a new server. Don't care if it will split population, or whatever else the gloom and doom people say.

I think for many, a change of a new server would add some freshness.

If you rather stay on blue and hold onto your pixels that's fine, but a new server would make a lot of others happy.

Pumpedup
11-13-2016, 01:37 PM
try red

exp is 10x faster too

Sporkotron
11-13-2016, 02:11 PM
Give me you stuff.

Start over from scratch.

Or just stop playing, nobody cares.

Tolgrim
11-13-2016, 02:19 PM
You're probably just bored of your character, not p99. Try creating a character with a race and class you have never tried before.

Castigate
11-13-2016, 04:34 PM
Bard is pretty monotonous when it gets down to it. They have some nifty capabilities and are useful in raids and stuff, but the actual mechanics of it boil down to becoming a living metronome.

If you feel like you want to get back into it but just aren't motivated, I would suggest trying starting on a more "fun" class and seeing if that brings the motivation back.

fadetree
11-13-2016, 04:42 PM
Play something you've never played before. Do it without twinking. Or just give up, you're bound to get tired of stuff sometimes. Go outside.

Nymphomancer
11-13-2016, 05:29 PM
Same thing happened to me. After years and years on P99, I feel like I did everything, But I suspect I'll come back some day just like P99 was a return to classic EQ.

Swish
11-13-2016, 06:44 PM
Play something you've never played before. Do it without twinking. Or just give up, you're bound to get tired of stuff sometimes. Go outside.

Under those conditions its a great time to consider red99 :)

Ravager
11-13-2016, 08:34 PM
I'd give red a try if Swish wasn't there. I can't be the only one.

Lhancelot
11-13-2016, 09:11 PM

Of all the ones that post on forums, Swish seems like one of the only half decent ones tbh. Plus he likes cats.

Majority of the ones from red I see post here on the forums seem to lack any sort of empathy that would allow them to care about anything other than themselves.

Ravager
11-13-2016, 09:36 PM
Of all the ones that post on forums, Swish seems like one of the only half decent ones tbh. Plus he likes cats.

Majority of the ones from red I see post here on the forums seem to lack any sort of empathy that would allow them to care about anything other than themselves.
You didn't read all 50k posts then.

Lhancelot
11-13-2016, 10:35 PM

That's true I remember 3-4 years ago seeing his gifs of cats, and then I seen he got banned for a bit and since coming back he seems to be alright.

I missed the period of time when his soul turned black and he became an evil troll I guess?

Jauna
11-14-2016, 01:55 AM
Found a few bagfulls of caster usable hp/sta gear on one of my alts.

dark elf female magician with assless pants
or
iksar necro

Evia
11-14-2016, 02:34 AM
Found a few bagfulls of caster usable hp/sta gear on one of my alts.

dark elf female magician with assless pants
or
iksar necro

uhh...obviously the dark elf

Swish
11-14-2016, 03:04 AM

This isn't RNF. PM me if you got beef.

Vandil
11-14-2016, 03:08 PM
Roll an evil character, like a Dark Elf Shadowknight. Kill goody-two-shoes halflings in Nektulos. Eventually, get stronger and start killing Bards (bard diet) or guards.

Teach the residents of Norrath the power of HATE.

You might find new fun in being evil.

Priceline
11-14-2016, 04:47 PM
Of all the ones that post on forums, Swish seems like one of the only half decent ones tbh

https://i.imgur.com/W0eFnJm.png

Jauna
11-14-2016, 06:02 PM
Welp looks like this thread has been taken over by the bigger post count people.

Lhancelot
11-14-2016, 06:07 PM
Welp looks like this thread has been taken over by the bigger post count people.

What more do you want? People gave you some ideas and you didn't respond to anyone. So people had fun with your thread.

maskedmelonpai
11-14-2016, 06:08 PM

Yeah :c

#littlepostcountsmattertoo

Lhancelot
11-14-2016, 06:10 PM
Yeah :c

#littlepostcountsmattertoo

:p

maskedmelonpai
11-14-2016, 06:12 PM
What more do you want? People gave you some ideas and you didn't respond to anyone. So people had fun with your thread.

Oh! I didn't realize that was OP.

OP, consider this a demonstration. You just need to learn to have fun. Sadly dependency is a cruel aminal. Eventually you reach a point where no matter how many times you hammer the button, you don't get no dopamine. SO, you have find other ways to have fun. FQ is a great learning ground ^^If you fail there, then yes, probably best to just go find a new button to push :c

Jauna
11-14-2016, 06:14 PM
What did you expect?

I figured you had a few typos, but to answer your question I am not sure why I am surprised it happened. People just gatta be the star of the show wherever they go.

Swish
11-14-2016, 06:17 PM
One of Thunderdome's best leaders I'd argue, the guild is still ticking over but I'm sure they'd love to have you back ^^

I apologize for people trying to bring me into this thread, lets try to keep it on topic <3

maskedmelon
11-14-2016, 06:24 PM
One of Thunderdome's best leaders I'd argue, the guild is still ticking over but I'm sure they'd love to have you back ^^

I apologize for people trying to bring me into this thread, lets try to keep it on topic <3

Oh! I didn't know that! This is still a good point though:

Oh! I didn't realize that was OP.

OP, consider this a demonstration. You just need to learn to have fun. Sadly dependency is a cruel aminal. Eventually you reach a point where no matter how many times you hammer the button, you don't get no dopamine. SO, you have find other ways to have fun. FQ is a great learning ground ^^If you fail there, then yes, probably best to just go find a new button to push :c

I might suggest you give emergent gameplay (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257701&page=4) a shot, Jauna.

Lord_Snow
11-14-2016, 07:00 PM
Make a end get goal whether it be "get the best gear in the game" or master some skills.

Lhancelot
11-14-2016, 07:16 PM
Make a end get goal whether it be "get the best gear in the game" or master some skills.

Or, master all factions like Aalderon does. That seems to be a rather daunting, fun time investment. Not for the weak, that's for sure.

AndyErik
11-14-2016, 07:39 PM
Buy a motorcycle. Bang a few chicks who love dudes on motorcycles. Move in with one. Realize its a living hell. Break up and get back together over and over for several months. Finally get rid of her and realize P99 is sweet sweet bliss again.

You're welcome.

Jauna
11-14-2016, 09:33 PM
Went ahead and did the mage focus items and made a dark elf mage.

So after getting the pet this has been a full blown rage train of a fire pet wrecking shit and me hitting stuff with a torch.

When does this slow down?

Lhancelot
11-14-2016, 11:12 PM
Went ahead and did the mage focus items and made a dark elf mage.

So after getting the pet this has been a full blown rage train of a fire pet wrecking shit and me hitting stuff with a torch.

When does this slow down?

I got to 35 lvl on my mage, and didn't change playing style on him when I stopped. I imagine 45-50 you might have to alter your playstyle a bit.