PDA

View Full Version : Biasing windows towards prime times

Dolalin
11-11-2016, 06:08 PM
Would be interested to see a tweak to the windows as they currently operate.

Instead of a flat probability curve across the entire window, it would be better I think to have spikes of probability at the prime times of various popular time zones on the server.

What would those be. EST/PST, Asian/Australian, and Euro, am I right?

So let's say a mob has a 24 hour window. Instead of it being equally probable the mob will pop at any of those 24 hours, it would be far more likely to pop in an hour that coincides with one of those prime times (~6pm-10pm).

This can be spread out so that each time zone gets its fair share. The goal being though, that this will reduce the amount of poopsocking.

Zekayy
11-11-2016, 06:11 PM
Doesnt work this way sadly the windows are what they are. cant really change them unless you're roegan or sirken or nilblog when they do the earthquakes and repops

bktroost
11-11-2016, 06:26 PM
I do not want a probability of Vulak and Aary to pop at the same time as the Lords and guardian dragons.

That = assurance of petitions every week.

Swish
11-11-2016, 06:41 PM

Instead of a flat probability curve across the entire window, it would be better I think to have spikes of probability at the prime times of various popular time zones on the server.

So let's say a mob has a 24 hour window. Instead of it being equally probable the mob will pop at any of those 24 hours, it would be far more likely to pop in an hour that coincides with one of those prime times (~6pm-10pm).

This can be spread out so that each time zone gets its fair share. The goal being though, that this will reduce the amount of poopsocking.

http://i.imgur.com/LdCm8tR.gif

Zekayy
11-11-2016, 07:10 PM
I do not want a probability of Vulak and Aary to pop at the same time as the Lords and guardian dragons.

That = assurance of petitions every week.

and this

Daldaen
11-11-2016, 08:56 PM
Remove all raid rules and set all Dragons to 4 hour respawn.

Problem fixes itself within a few derpy weeks.

Salahdin
11-11-2016, 10:30 PM

do you know how many nerds u just upset with this idea?

I hope you lock your front door tonight!

Culkasi
11-12-2016, 04:56 AM

I know its not classic, but I become more and more convinced that this is the only solution

Swish
11-12-2016, 05:13 AM

Phinny has made you soft already.

Izmael
11-12-2016, 05:25 AM
Remove all variance(except Lodi/Stormfeather).
It was just fine back in 2001.