PDA

View Full Version : Is Halfling sneak/hide on a Cleric worth it?

Salahdin
11-10-2016, 05:36 PM
Be brutally honest.

Its such a low capped skill is it more a gimmic? Aside from sneaking to use merchants.

Kender
11-10-2016, 05:41 PM
can be very useful yes

hide on a pull and if it goes bad rez the dead. or use it for afk

sneak can be used for quest handins too

Lhancelot
11-10-2016, 05:47 PM
It's not always reliable, but it can be useful. Gamebreaking? No. useful when it works? Yes.

mr_jon3s
11-10-2016, 06:46 PM
If you just want hide do a dark elf. You can also do this quest http://wiki.project1999.com/Innoruuk_Symbol_Quests for a clicky snare.

Lemonhead
11-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Sneak also lets you use any vendor, anywhere. (that isn't protected by a guard looking at u). The quest thing can be pretty useful too. Hide is great for afk, especially since you have to pay plat to invis (recharges or potions). Oh and they both work about 50% of the time at 50 skill, maybe a bit less.

xKoopa
11-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Hide is very useful. Generally only undead and a few select raid mobs can see through it

Ravager
11-10-2016, 08:28 PM
I've got a dark elf cleric with that clicky snare. The snare lasts for less than a minute, and the mob doesn't slow down as much as you'd like. From a utility stand point, sneak will find so much more use, though with stacking snare and root, the necklace is good for incredibly slow soloing.

From a fashionquest stand point, dark elf cleric is the only way to go.

Nymphomancer
11-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Absolutely worth it if no other reason than peace of mind afk's.

Lhancelot
11-10-2016, 10:08 PM
From a fashionquest stand point, dark elf cleric is the only way to go.

Humans beat dark elves in Fashionquest especially when you compare the velious helms.
Dragon helm, or coneshaped alien mask? Yeah, I will take the dragon helm any day.

Swish
11-10-2016, 10:23 PM
I used the necklace in partnership with an enchanter to fear kite (keeping him and his charmed pet healed)...its as useful as you want to make it. Feel free to get in line at the well trodden XP zones if you want to stick to the meta.

I think the snare is only 6 ticks and does have a 6-8 second cast time, so positioning and awareness are important when fear kiting with it.

Ravager
11-10-2016, 10:49 PM
Humans beat dark elves in Fashionquest especially when you compare the velious helms.
Dragon helm, or coneshaped alien mask? Yeah, I will take the dragon helm any day.
I'm a child of the 80's. Mullets never go out of style.

big_ole_jpn
11-10-2016, 11:43 PM
Sneak allowed me to get ultranerd heallun cleric that was homosexually rebound from firepots to the door to vp out solo so I could give rezzes.

It's not an everyday thing but it can be very good, get you past see invis mobs when invising into dungeons or to corpse, etc. I remember doing all the corpses for a failed vox pickup raid on live on a ranger, was able to go right up behind her and snag.

I still play a human cleric tho cuz I go for style.

Lhancelot
11-10-2016, 11:44 PM
I'm a child of the 80's. Mullets never go out of style.

Touché!

kotton05
11-11-2016, 12:07 AM
It's OP in all aspects. Can be invis while you med or in between ch's. Also real good during a cr etc. you can also sneak pull:)

Jimjam
11-11-2016, 04:35 AM
Sneak pull not so easy on cleric, not a lot of ranged options.

Even though you can't use them while casting with the hotkeys bar, you can click hide/sneak in the abilities window while casting. Made for some tricky tricks in the past, especially exploiting lull resists for non-los pulls, dunno if it still works.

When hide worked against undead and you could prevent any adds by being invis while getting aggro this was ridiculously op. Sadly no longer!

kotton05
11-11-2016, 07:45 AM
It's pretty easy actually. I've seen getsome do it all the time

Freakish
11-11-2016, 11:58 AM
Halfling clerics forgetting how they get asked for sow all the time.

Erati
11-11-2016, 11:59 AM
Tunare bracer on high elf > using sneak for some gimmicky situations on a cleric once every 2-3 weeks

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Gnomes get bubble-eye helm AND can wear robes, AND can see through walls! More I think about it, gnomes win the debate as to what race is best for clerics.

Humans come in second. Dragonhelm and can wear robes, AND can worship Innoruuk. Awesome.

Swish
11-11-2016, 12:27 PM
Gnomes get bubble-eye helm AND can wear robes, AND can see through walls! More I think about it, gnomes win the debate as to what race is best for clerics.

Humans come in second. Dragonhelm and can wear robes, AND can worship Innoruuk. Awesome.

16 or more years and I still can't figure out why people would want to play a gnome lol

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 12:33 PM
16 or more years and I still can't figure out why people would want to play a gnome lol

To be honest, when I am on small races there is some charm to how you always feel like you are running fast, even without sow.

Also, all small races got good vision, and they fit in small creviced dungeons.

I wish halflings could wear robes, then they would be the superior cleric race no doubt.

As it stands, they are only in the top 7 of all pickable races.

Jimjam
11-11-2016, 12:33 PM

Drugs.

Korrupt
11-11-2016, 05:42 PM

agree most gay race there is

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 06:04 PM

Suddenly there is an influx use of the word "gay" as an insult as it was many years ago.

Just recently culture had evolved; freedoms were granted, people liberated! Now look at us, already regressing back into baseless troglodytes.

Thanks Trump.

Zekayy
11-11-2016, 06:05 PM

The Best necro on the server named necrious disagrees

big_ole_jpn
11-11-2016, 06:31 PM
Suddenly there is an influx use of the word "gay" as an insult as it was many years ago.

Just recently culture had evolved; freedoms were granted, people liberated! Now look at us, already regressing back into baseless troglodytes.

Thanks Trump.

id elect adolf if it meant i wouldnt have to read shit like this

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 06:41 PM
id elect adolf if it meant i wouldnt have to read shit like this

Using hyperbole to make a humorous point is good. I like it.

Korrupt
11-11-2016, 07:20 PM
i been using the word gay since i was like 5 what the fuck are you talking about

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 07:30 PM
i been using the word gay since i was like 5 what the fuck are you talking about

Doesn't make it right. It's not too late to change.

Videri
11-11-2016, 07:37 PM
Ok, consider this: Red server, Human cleric of Bertox. Get the disease cloud necklace (stay sick so you and your buddies cannot be Raptured), and faction up with Paineel and get the insta-click See Invis helm like my cleric Havona. And you can wear the Robe. You know the one. SEEYOCK

Korrupt
11-11-2016, 07:45 PM
halfling obviously superior race cleric, although dark elfs look better, also female erudites do.

Castigate
11-11-2016, 08:00 PM
Being a Halfling is always worth it.
Soon as you look at your character you'll be unable to regret the decision, same goes with Ogre.

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 08:02 PM
Ok, consider this: Red server, Human cleric of Bertox. Get the disease cloud necklace (stay sick so you and your buddies cannot be Raptured), and faction up with Paineel and get the insta-click See Invis helm like my cleric Havona. And you can wear the Robe. You know the one. SEEYOCK

Couldn't you also do a gnome bert cleric too, and still get the necklace, AND wear a robe? Obviously anything nome is 100 times better than anything else so...

goldlush
11-12-2016, 06:39 PM
Couldn't you also do a gnome bert cleric too, and still get the necklace, AND wear a robe? Obviously anything nome is 100 times better than anything else so...

http://wiki.project1999.com/Fright_Forged_Helm

Baler
11-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Dwarf master race.
Halfling 2nd.

Unless you're going CHA,. High Elf then.

Swish
11-12-2016, 07:19 PM
Dwarf master race.
Halfling 2nd.

Unless you're going CHA,. High Elf then.

Dark elves still ahead of both, you got hide, you got style, you got the best city in Norrath.

Baler
11-12-2016, 07:20 PM
Dark elves still ahead of both, you got hide, you got style, you got the best city in Norrath.

oh **** I forgot about the the true master race. Respect.

Sorry :o

Ultra vision is BOSS on top of a major league INT roll. dayom son.

Swish
11-12-2016, 07:41 PM
oh **** I forgot about the the true master race. Respect.

Sorry :o

Ultra vision is BOSS on top of a major league INT roll. dayom son.

Enjoy swimming and tradeskilling for them extra hours you dopey dwarf :p

Baler
11-12-2016, 09:03 PM
Dwarf has extra MR,. ;) Plus the STR and STA is no joke.

*flexes dorf strengths*

Lhancelot
11-13-2016, 01:01 PM
Did a /who all cleric 60: 3 darkelves, 3 humans, and 1 halfling.

Obviously humans and dark elves are the best race for clerics with halflings at third going by the number of 60 clerics and their races.

Clearly the numbers have spoken. All other races are inferior and should not be played.

In fact going by the numbers here, no one even plays other races other than humans, dark elves, or halflings to 60.

To answer your question OP, sneak/hide for halfling clerics is hardly a reason to choose this race for the cleric class. Go human or dark elf.

Pumpedup
11-13-2016, 01:38 PM
halflings are 100% gay

anyone who plays a halfling is 100% Gay

playing a halfling for hide or sneak means you are gay

PS Dark elfs get hide too

gnome clerics are #1

Lhancelot
11-13-2016, 01:47 PM
halflings are 100% gay

anyone who plays a halfling is 100% Gay

playing a halfling for hide or sneak means you are gay

PS Dark elfs get hide too

gnome clerics are #1

Common wording used by 15 year olds in 2005. Have you not evolved at all since then?

At least you do show some support for gnomes as clerics, I give you points for that.

Be nice if you could express exactly why you like gnome clerics so much.

Ravager
11-13-2016, 02:40 PM
Common wording used by 15 year olds in 2005. Have you not evolved at all since then?

At least you do show some support for gnomes as clerics, I give you points for that.

Be nice if you could express exactly why you like gnome clerics so much.
Gnomes are the perverts' race of choice since they have big noses and their short stature puts them right at crotch sniffing level.

Lhancelot
11-13-2016, 02:57 PM
Gnomes are the perverts' race of choice since they have big noses and their short stature puts them right at crotch sniffing level.

That could explain it. Be nice if he can confirm that's exactly his reasoning though.

pasi
11-14-2016, 05:26 PM
Cleric comes down to sneak + exp bonus versus snare neck.
Can't go wrong with either.

Trollhide
11-14-2016, 05:37 PM
There's only one race that gets dragon helms, ergo there's only one correct cleric race.

Lhancelot
11-14-2016, 06:08 PM
There's only one race that gets dragon helms, ergo there's only one correct cleric race.

+1