PDA

View Full Version : Character doesn't show up when "/who XXX"

Annati
11-04-2016, 02:39 PM
Hello, I'm having an issue with my character not coming up when searched for. I show up in the /who list for the zone, but if you do a "/who Telepo" or "/who all Telepo" its seems that I don't exist. Please help!

paulgiamatti
11-05-2016, 06:24 PM
A name change might be the only way around this - might want to put in a forum petition.

Tupakk
11-05-2016, 07:18 PM
This happens to me all the time. There isn't a fix for this besides just logging.

This has gone so far as to extend for others names as well. Where I will have to search for a full name versus a few letters.

Ex: /who all tad results in nothing yet /who all Tadhg will give me who I am looking for. It can be very frustrating sometimes but I just log out and log back in and all is good.

paulgiamatti
11-05-2016, 08:23 PM
Yeah, there are some words that the /who command doesn't agree with, for whatever reason. Probably just bad coding - certain strings might be reserved for other commands and it inadvertently affects /who for some reason. One of the weirdest command-related bugs I've encountered is from accidentally entering "/tell " - sends a blank tell to dozens of people with no rhyme or reason behind it, people in other zones, etc. Not sure if that's been fixed yet.

Tupakk
11-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Interesting. Generally if I'm lazy and someone's name is easy to spell I'll just /t name enter and because I have boxes it will pop up or just say offline.