PDA

View Full Version : P99 Auctions Site is dead. Bury it please.

Lhancelot
11-03-2016, 08:24 PM
Seriously. The site no longer serves it's original function of up-to-date prices on items, or it's live stream of EC. Remove it from the interwebs!

It's like going to a funeral only to stare at the corpse of the dead, with no intentions of burying it. Just stick this dead corpse into the ground already.

Plus, I am tired of people proclaiming in /auc, "500pp off P99 auctions average!" Like it's the holygrail of prices still.

It's not.

Movember
11-03-2016, 09:12 PM
May it rest in peace, good tool.

Lhancelot
11-03-2016, 09:17 PM
May it rest in peace, good tool.

*Solemnly nods head in agreement*, yes yes, it was a good tool while it lasted. Now it's time to bury the tool with a proper burial.

RDawg816
11-03-2016, 10:40 PM
It's still more accurate than most of the wiki pages. Leave it alone.

Lhancelot
11-03-2016, 10:52 PM

F that. Stick a fork in it, it's done. It needs to just go away we can't properly heal with it's visage looming over our shoulders all the time.

Speedi
11-03-2016, 10:53 PM

This

Speedi
11-03-2016, 10:54 PM
Seriously. The site no longer serves it's original function of up-to-date prices on items, or it's live stream of EC. Remove it from the interwebs!

It's like going to a funeral only to stare at the corpse of the dead, with no intentions of burying it. Just stick this dead corpse into the ground already.

Plus, I am tired of people proclaiming in /auc, "500pp off P99 auctions average!" Like it's the holygrail of prices still.

It's not.

Prime suspect for ...

Lhancelot
11-03-2016, 11:02 PM
Prime suspect for ...

Don't be a chickenshit. Complete the sentence. I hate when people are ambiguous.

Speedi
11-03-2016, 11:14 PM
Don't be a chickenshit. Complete the sentence. I hate when people are ambiguous.

Don't be mad!

Jesus loves you!

Lhancelot
11-03-2016, 11:21 PM
Don't be mad!

Jesus loves you!

If he even existed, he died a long time ago too. Hmm. Come to think of it, that seems to be a trend here, people hanging onto dead things for far too long. I have faith in people excepting the truth, and that is P99 Auctions Site is dead, and never coming back.

rollin5k
11-03-2016, 11:34 PM
Leave it up indefinitely to grief this turd

RDawg816
11-04-2016, 12:17 AM
I'm not sure why the site offends him so much. I hope it comes back, just like Jesus. Maybe that will ease his troubles....

Quidello
11-04-2016, 12:54 AM
I think Lhancelot did it.

aaezil
11-04-2016, 12:56 AM
Greedquest is proudly sponsored by tunnelrats!

joppykid
11-04-2016, 08:58 AM
If he even existed, he died a long time ago too. Hmm. Come to think of it, that seems to be a trend here, people hanging onto dead things for far too long. I have faith in people excepting the truth, and that is P99 Auctions Site is dead, and never coming back.

It will be back on Easter. :D

elwing
11-04-2016, 08:59 AM
Greedquest is proudly sponsored by tunnelrats!

so true...

QFuzzle
11-04-2016, 09:54 AM

I'm not sure why the site offends him so much. I hope it comes back, just like Jesus. Maybe that will ease his troubles....

Omgosh. These follow ups. Gold.

Lhancelot
11-04-2016, 10:24 AM
It will be back on Easter. :D

Now this would be hilarious. :p

Raev
11-04-2016, 10:59 AM

So the only question here is was Lhancelot the hacker that took it down, or just an EC tunnel rat who can't pay his rent?

Erati
11-04-2016, 11:09 AM
So the only question here is was Lhancelot the hacker that took it down, or just an EC tunnel rat who can't pay his rent?

I think we are on to something....

Lhancelot
11-04-2016, 11:13 AM

Both of your fantasies are wrong here.

Raev, you have a serious superiority complex. That being said, keep collecting those pixels they really make you important here.

On a side note, I can guarantee you have more plats than I ever have had on this server.

I am just tired of the crying about this site. It has no impact on my experience here on P99 whether it is up or down tbh.

Lhancelot
11-04-2016, 11:26 AM
I think we are on to something....

I think you are a conformist. Be anything but that...

Keary
11-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Expiration Date: 09-nov-2016

Lhancelot
11-04-2016, 11:28 AM

ha! Thanks for that. :p

maskedmelon
11-04-2016, 11:34 AM

conspicuous

Keary
11-04-2016, 11:35 AM
whois record =)

EQBallzz
11-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Both of your fantasies are wrong here.

Raev, you have a serious superiority complex. That being said, keep collecting those pixels they really make you important here.

On a side note, I can guarantee you have more plats than I ever have had on this server.

I am just tired of the crying about this site. It has no impact on my experience here on P99 whether it is up or down tbh.

Didn't you make this crying thread about this site? If it has no impact on you why create threads about it? :confused:

Lhancelot
11-04-2016, 11:42 AM
Didn't you make this crying thread about this site? If it has no impact on you why create threads about it? :confused:

Why not? it's entertaining seeing how serious people get over a site that simply shows the prices of items being bought/sold on a game.

I just felt like moaning about the people who are moaning about P99 Auction site being killed, that's all.

Nothing complicated here.

Raev
11-04-2016, 11:51 AM
I am just tired of the crying about this site.

The only person whining here is you. Your projection level is off the charts.

Portsche
11-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Why not? it's entertaining seeing how serious people get over a site that simply shows the prices of items being bought/sold on a game.

I just felt like moaning about the people who are moaning about P99 Auction site being killed, that's all.

Nothing complicated here.

And now we're moaning about the person moaning about the people moaning about the person moaning about the people moaning about said website. This is starting to be productive after all.

Crede
11-04-2016, 11:54 AM
for me it was never about the price tracking, but being able to look up who was selling an item. How hard would that be to replicate?

Lhancelot
11-04-2016, 12:03 PM
The only person whining here is you. Your projection level is off the charts.

I already admitted to moaning about the moaners who moan about this site coming down, so what is your point to point out what I already pointed out?

Stop saying I am "projecting", it's not even applicable regarding me or anything I have written on these forums. This is the third time you have written that, and it sounds obtuse.

Lhancelot
11-04-2016, 12:06 PM
for me it was never about the price tracking, but being able to look up who was selling an item. How hard would that be to replicate?

I actually agree with the live stream being a nice feature.

I also liked that you could see who was selling something previously, but it did get old receiving a tell a week later after I sold an item from someone asking about that item.

The part I didn't like was the "average" price of an item. People manipulated this price and could fix it so that it was what they wanted to sell an item at.

With the site and it's holy grail of average prices no longer being a reference point, we can now have a larger variance in prices and that's classic.

I rather it be this way personally.

Raev
11-04-2016, 12:16 PM
Stop saying I am "projecting", it's not even applicable regarding me or anything I have written on these forums. This is the third time you have written that, and it sounds obtuse.

I see this backfire thread has entered the meltdown phase where you just randomly make stuff up. My choice of words was spot on, and I'm curious to see all these other places I've used that word.

If you don't like receiving forum beatdowns, maybe you shouldn't make an anonymous troll account.

Lhancelot
11-04-2016, 12:17 PM
I see this backfire thread has entered the meltdown phase where you just randomly make stuff up. My choice of words was spot on, and I'm curious to see all these other places I've used that word.

If you don't like receiving forum beatdowns, maybe you shouldn't make an anonymous troll account.

You are delusional. :D

paulgiamatti
11-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Haha, one single consolidated thread in which people pay their condolences to P99 Auctions = people excessively whining about the site coming down. Is that similar to the "rampant" manipulation that occurred on said site?

Lhancelot
11-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Is that similar to the "rampant" manipulation that occurred on said site?

I agree with your last statement that there was "rampant" manipulation that occurred on P99 Auctions. You got that right.

paulgiamatti
11-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Cool, I have made effective use of scare quotes then ;)

Swish
11-04-2016, 12:47 PM
Play EverQuest, not TunnelQuest

Lhancelot
11-04-2016, 12:51 PM
Play EverQuest, not TunnelQuest

Just because you or I may not like collecting stamps, doesn't mean those who do enjoy collecting stamps shouldn't do it.

I think that's what makes this server and game fun, you can play and enjoy different facets of it.

Swish
11-04-2016, 12:55 PM
Just because you or I may not like collecting stamps, doesn't mean those who do enjoy collecting stamps shouldn't do it.

I think that's what makes this server and game fun, you can play and enjoy different facets of it.

Manipulating a third party auction logging site to ensure maximum profits sounds real fun... and now it's gone.

Lhancelot
11-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Manipulating a third party auction logging site to ensure maximum profits sounds real fun... and now it's gone.

Ok, you said "Tunnelquest" and in my mind tunnelquesting has nothing to do with manipulating third party auction sites. People can "tunnelquest" and never look at an auction site.

Anyway, exactly. It is gone, and it's time to move on. Let's stop moaning about it, and stop moaning about the moaning about it.

Keary losted a burial date for the site, so that's something to look forward to.

We can even have a proper burial if you guys would like, if that helps with the healing process and all.

paulgiamatti
11-04-2016, 01:04 PM
Ya come on guys, it's time to move on.

*makes thread about P99 Auctions site*

Swish
11-04-2016, 01:19 PM
Ok, you said "Tunnelquest" and in my mind tunnelquesting has nothing to do with manipulating third party auction sites.

You don't have the Schnickisawus virus then, that's a good thing ;)

Lhancelot
11-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Ya come on guys, it's time to move on.

*makes thread about P99 Auctions site*

Who doesn't love irony? :p

Gumbo
11-04-2016, 07:07 PM

It's not.

Man... Let it go, will you!

I mean I have seen you either start a post or post in every thread about P99 auction sites closing down or wrong prices... Starting to sound like a broken record. Makes people start to think that you maybe had something to do with the P99 auction site being DDOS and you just don't want to get caught.

Tasslehofp99
11-04-2016, 08:53 PM

This.

lolz

Lhancelot
11-04-2016, 11:30 PM
Man... Let it go, will you!

I mean I have seen you either start a post or post in every thread about P99 auction sites closing down or wrong prices... Starting to sound like a broken record. Makes people start to think that you maybe had something to do with the P99 auction site being DDOS and you just don't want to get caught.

Yawn.

Nilstoniakrath
11-04-2016, 11:57 PM
The vile and foul harassment of sellers in the tunnel, by those who would site p99auctions.com average prices, which were easily manipulated by fake sellers posting lowball prices and then switching characters, is why I say good riddance to this site. Casual clients to the tunnel may have benefited by this whole process, and yes it was nice to be able to see who is selling a particular item by tabbing out of EQ and checking this site, but that does not change the facts about how this site falsified price data.

Lhancelot
11-05-2016, 10:30 AM
The vile and foul harassment of sellers in the tunnel, by those who would site p99auctions.com average prices, which were easily manipulated by fake sellers posting lowball prices and then switching characters, is why I say good riddance to this site. Casual clients to the tunnel may have benefited by this whole process, and yes it was nice to be able to see who is selling a particular item by tabbing out of EQ and checking this site, but that does not change the facts about how this site falsified price data.

You are so wrong, your post is wrought with hyperbole! Prices were 100% true and any manipulation you speak of is nothing short of a pack of lies!

In fact, attacking this beloved website only proves one thing, and that is that YOU must be one of the conspirators who brought down this awesome, benevolent auction website!

May you and any who oppose those who loved this website be ousted as the master hackers that you are, and banned forever from P99 because only one thing is clear, that being any detractor has to have had something to do with the ruination of P99 Auctions!

Even if you had nothing to do with it being DDOS'd or whatever it was that was done to kill P99 Auctions, you still should be banned for simply opposing the conformist stance on this topic.

On a serious note, I commend you for pointing out again that the site did have it's faults and that it indeed was NOT the holy grail of prices as everyone makes it out to be.

Good luck trying to explain this to the majority of the forumquesters here, though.

That being said, now that it has died, let's bury it please. Bury deep within the interwebs in a quiet, cozy place where it can be granted the peace it deserves.

Swish
11-05-2016, 11:25 AM
Still amused...someone dddos'ing a third party site for an old elf sim game played by 1000ish players. If they're reading I hope they find God or have a life changing event that snaps them out of that mentality and makes them realise theres bigger problems in the world.