PDA

View Full Version : Reminisce: Your Path From 50 to 60

meanhappyguy
11-02-2016, 05:37 PM
I can't recall who sent a tell to whom, but I found myself, a dwarf cleric, leveling alongside two dark elves, a warrior and an enchanter. I tried to keep the mood light by bringing along all sorts of alcohol, and it seemed to do the trick--the two elves kept their focus on killing the mobs and not me!

In the dark elves, I found two mates that kept a similar schedule as I did, had the same passion to reach 60 as I did, and were always up for an adventure. We trio'd with ease most places we went, and although the warrior was often unnecessary, he made both the enchanter and my lives a lot easier, which led to less burnout, and longer play sessions. Also, we felt sorry for him. Dark elf... warrior.

We spent most of 51-54 in the hole, and then we moved to Howling Stones for 54-59 (pre-Velius). It was a blast to clear the entire North wing or West wing with a group of three. It was fun to pre-cast a CH on the warrior, pulling a room of 3-4 harm-touching skeletons, knowing that the enchanter would have the mobs mezzed before they could get to me.

Often I'd just let the enchanter or warrior keep my loot and sell it in Ecom, and they'd toss me whatever my share of the platinum was the next night.

My work schedule got crazy, and I stayed at lvl 59 for about a year before coming back and leveling through 59 in Velks (mostly for the cash camps).

Back on live, 50-60 is where my roots in a guild really started, but so far on p99 I've mostly stayed guildless. I think meeting other folks with similar goals and schedules as your own is always the most fun part of online games, and I'm curious to read the stories of how others accomplished the long haul from 50 to 60.

Lhancelot
11-02-2016, 06:40 PM
I can't recall who sent a tell to whom, but I found myself, a dwarf cleric, leveling alongside two dark elves, a warrior and an enchanter. I tried to keep the mood light by bringing along all sorts of alcohol, and it seemed to do the trick--the two elves kept their focus on killing the mobs and not me!

In the dark elves, I found two mates that kept a similar schedule as I did, had the same passion to reach 60 as I did, and were always up for an adventure. We trio'd with ease most places we went, and although the warrior was often unnecessary, he made both the enchanter and my lives a lot easier, which led to less burnout, and longer play sessions. Also, we felt sorry for him. Dark elf... warrior.

We spent most of 51-54 in the hole, and then we moved to Howling Stones for 54-59 (pre-Velius). It was a blast to clear the entire North wing or West wing with a group of three. It was fun to pre-cast a CH on the warrior, pulling a room of 3-4 harm-touching skeletons, knowing that the enchanter would have the mobs mezzed before they could get to me.

Often I'd just let the enchanter or warrior keep my loot and sell it in Ecom, and they'd toss me whatever my share of the platinum was the next night.

My work schedule got crazy, and I stayed at lvl 59 for about a year before coming back and leveling through 59 in Velks (mostly for the cash camps).

Back on live, 50-60 is where my roots in a guild really started, but so far on p99 I've mostly stayed guildless. I think meeting other folks with similar goals and schedules as your own is always the most fun part of online games, and I'm curious to read the stories of how others accomplished the long haul from 50 to 60.

So what happened to your two DE friends, did you end up guilding, grouping with them when you came back at lvl 59 to 60? Are you still friends?

meanhappyguy
11-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Good question!

We had been talking about guilds while we were leveling up, and actually all joined different guilds to kind of feel them all out.

The enchanter then went MIA, which led to me taking a break as well, and the warrior stopped playing for about a year as well.

The warrior and I randomly grouped together in Seb last week for the first time in about a year. I had a free night and wanted to group for a few hours in Seb. Warrior sends me a tell out of nowhere about an hour later, and my group's tank shortly thereafter has to leave. Stars aligned! We had a blast in Seb, died a few times, razzed each other and others in our group, stayed up way later than I should have, and we even got some loot!

Led me to this nice feeling of nostalgia. I definitely can't group past midnight most week nights, but it was a nice little break from the norm, and it was great to catch up with an old friend who I spent more time with in game than probably anyone else.

Lhancelot
11-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Good question!

We had been talking about guilds while we were leveling up, and actually all joined different guilds to kind of feel them all out.

The enchanter then went MIA, which led to me taking a break as well, and the warrior stopped playing for about a year as well.

The warrior and I randomly grouped together in Seb last week for the first time in about a year. I had a free night and wanted to group for a few hours in Seb. Warrior sends me a tell out of nowhere about an hour later, and my group's tank shortly thereafter has to leave. Stars aligned! We had a blast in Seb, died a few times, razzed each other and others in our group, stayed up way later than I should have, and we even got some loot!

Led me to this nice feeling of nostalgia. I definitely can't group past midnight most week nights, but it was a nice little break from the norm, and it was great to catch up with an old friend who I spent more time with in game than probably anyone else.

That's cool! I also took a long break about 3 years ago, left and did not keep in touch with people and that I really regret.

I think I expected to be back sooner, but ended up staying on SWTOR for 2+ years.

I came back to P99 less than a year ago, and many people I used to chat with are gone, while a few have joined high end raid guilds I seen.

One guy in particular I got to know really well on P99 is no longer playing and that made me sad. I would say he became a friend, why I did not get his email is beyond me.

Anyway, glad you came back and found one of your good buddies still playing. That's nice!

If you take another break, I suggest getting emails before you leave. You might regret not staying in touch with some people you meet here.

fan D
11-02-2016, 08:05 PM
i sat in chardok afk 90% of the time doing ae clears using 1 spell

Nybras
11-02-2016, 10:42 PM
At level 50 Velious had arrive and I went from Lower Guk to the Great Divide Matriarch Camp. With spells being very new they were selling for 2k to 5k each and the best part people arrived to the camp to buy the spells. 52 to 54 City of Mist 2nd and 3rd floor, there was a group going up the the 3rd floor for the black reaver, and Jaxion for the enchanter's epic was up. So I asked to participate in the clearing to charm the quest npc and complete that part of the quest. 54 to 57 was my first time in Sebilis, with Velious being more new then not, many people weren't in the kunark zones, and it was fun to join in groups or solo duengon crawl. At level 58 I began the Solo Artist Challenge and was experiencing in the different zones each boss was located in. Level 59 to 60 was Howling Stones South, The hole, soldungB, and more.

Rygar
11-03-2016, 07:31 AM
50-51ish to my shame was KC (grouped until I got my pipe drop then GTFO)
51-55 The Hole (grouping)
55-56 HS (3 or 4-man)
56 SolB Bats n Bugs (solo, only did 1.5 yellows until I hit 57)
57-60 The Hole (solo)

I never bothered with Seb since it seems so crowded, although I grouped there a ton on live.

I have to say I really enjoyed HS, having a smaller group and often times no cleric added an element of danger to otherwise comfortable grouping in previous levels. I'd often pull without having chanter lull the rooms, so was living on the edge a lot of times due to absorbing 3-4 HTs and occasional caster mixed in. Funny thing is, I don't think I ever died there. I technically fell down a carpet once and since we had a cleric I died so I could get /corpsed up, but I could have easily worked my way back to basement teleporter if I was patient. Just goes to show you are at your best when your safety net is gone.

The Hole was a zone always close to my heart, fell in love with it on live and became famous for my Hole groups I'd put together each day and take people to obscure camps they never realized existed (too often people just do entrance or the first drop off... such a waste). I have had much the same experience on p99, and feel I am still learning little tricks here and there to the zone.

Baler
11-03-2016, 07:56 AM
50 TO 60 FUCKING SUCKED

xKoopa
11-03-2016, 08:05 AM
i sat in chardok afk 90% of the time doing ae clears using 1 spell

I did this except i pulled the mobs

Vibrate
11-03-2016, 08:17 AM
my time on blue lvling 50-60 mostly on a warrior, rogue, ranger, doing kc making my own groups, i always wanted to pull just so it wasnt so extremely boring. lack of enchanters I usually tried to find a decent person at rooting so you could use a 4 min root and just park them around the room, finding a rogue or 2 was essential. extremely long grinds, no idea how i even did them (drugs). 59 was def the worst and I finished it on my rogue and warrior both doing seb, mostly ethier disco or chef... best xp grind with 2-3 rogues without AoEing (chardok etc) n shit i always thought that was a lame way fast bitch way to lvl up.

i lvled my ranger 50-55 in com pulling top floor with harmony (ez pz) , 55-59 in kc using harmony once again pulling, ranger can pull way faster than a monk if your not dumb, few times made a 6 man ranger group that was crazy but hilarious and wasnt that bad with vp ranger using earthcaller for slows.

on red it was def all different lvling spots 1-60, id say howling stones beats kc any time of day and did quite a bit of chardok as well.

this is pre velious

Jimjam
11-03-2016, 10:53 AM
My trick is each time a character in their 50 gain a level roll an alt and play on that for 20 levels or so.

Actually XPing, I agree here with Vibrate that the trick to keeping it fun is to try get in or form groups as the puller.

-Catherin-
11-03-2016, 11:05 AM
With my chanter, skyfire AE was still something you could do. (50-60 went quickly).

For my bard there was a double exp week and I grouped through it all in kedge in that week. For those of you who havnt tried that place it is so worth it if you know what you are doing. One of my favorite zones.

this user was banned
11-03-2016, 11:35 AM
Dinged 51 saw how slow my xp bar was moving then rerolled

Loke
11-03-2016, 12:03 PM
First character, my monk, was mostly solo and occasionally duo in Sol B. He had solid gear from classic, and back then fungi robes still had regen and were plentiful, so it was pretty easy.

For my bard, I did mostly groups. I found a pretty solid group of people who liked to grind long hours and we did a lot of KC and Seb. Dont remember all of them, but Aatmos, Citrua, Crowds and his brother Infinitive were a few I grouped with a lot. I especially remember Aatmos and Citrua putting in stupidly long hours with me. I'd say those two were in my group like 70% of my way from 52-60.

Warrior I did casually over a long period mostly soloing or duoing in KC. With KC being a major hub I could almost always get decked out with buffs, and fungi + regrowth + bloodpoints (until epic at 58) + VoG worked well. Whenever I could find a shaman or cleric I'd duo basement or pit.

Went full on lazy with ench and mostly did chardok. Early levels I did a lot of CoM, but by 56 or so I just wanted to get 60 asap. Also leveled this guy with a friend, and he did a lot of the early levels. I mostly did 52ish+.

Cleric on red I did almost exclusively with the same chanter (forget his name) in HS north.

I think Bard was the most fun, but it was also the most taxing. I was in my last year of college and played a ton during the winter months. Sometimes we'd do 8+ hour long grind sessions with the same group of people and by the time I finally hit 60 I was a bit concerned about repetitive motion stuff, so took a long break from grouping on him and just raided a lot.

Warrior was a lot of fun too because I got to meet a lot of lower level people. I'd pick up clerics and shaman that were sometimes 6 or 7 levels lower than me since I really just needed them for CH or slow, and unlike the bard I actually had time to chat with them.

indiscriminate_hater
11-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Mainly did charm kiting of hill giants, seafuries, and then forest giants to make money. At 58 I discovered the joy of killing 250 mobs at a time via low-HP AE kiting. Plowed through 58/59 in a single day during double EXP weekend. Shit's classic

thufir
11-03-2016, 01:34 PM
On live, my path was something like:
51-52 soloing frenzy camp
52-53 seafury cyclopses
54+ raiding and occasional quadding in random spots

(Raiding is pretty decent XP if you are a wizard, you can generally make sure your group gets XP at least some of the time. And the loot's better. But more importantly, nobody will take you in Seb, so what can you do.)

Here my path with my shadowknight hasn't been so cut and dried. These are long levels and I go to multiple dungeons every level. But I've hit everything appropriate for a high 50s character except Siren's Grotto and Dragon Necropolis. Early 50s I went to a whole bunch of places repeatedly: the Hole, Charasis, Lower Guk, Nagafen's Lair, and seafury island, with a couple of pug trips to Karnor's. [EDIT: forgot Kedge, I spent a lot of time there, insane XP.] In my later 50s I've been doing Velketor's Labyrinth and Sebilis, along with continuing Charasis and those seafuries.

Just did Chardok the other day and will definitely go back, really good XP, glad that it's finally open to the public.

I like to mix it up generally, you should too, alleviates a lot of the perceived boredom of the level grind. Personally I enjoy this part of the game because you can get meaningful loot while you XP, but you'll enjoy it less if you spend weeks in one dungeon.

skarlorn
11-03-2016, 02:20 PM
It took me months, nearly a year I think to go from low 50s to 60 s. I had mained a warrior with no eq experience or funding so he was very weak solo. Once I got evasive things started looking up. I did hours upon hours of sol b efreeti. I learned how to duo efreeti with a bard. I even xped some in lguk because I was desperate for a TBB (I was wearing the skin like rock clicky belt). Holding the supply room was low exp but low time commitment.

I finally got into KC and fucking hated it. Very boring zone. I grouped here a fair amount for a while. Once I got 54 I got my seb key. Whenever possible, I would duo seb mobs with a sham. This was one of my favorites.

Then I learned Bout charasis. I completed my key and started leading groups inside. I probably grouped the most in charasis. It was empty most of the time with some loot and good zem. I led many groups to their death in South.

Life was hell. I started raiding some. Raiding ate a lot of time and xp. I had to avoid raids sometime just to xp. I was still a useless tank anyway.

Sometimes I would get a good haste and regen and I could solo a couple KC drolvargs. This was a lot of fun for me because I would dual wield blood points and momentarily forget how dependent I was upon others for xp.

Pingponging between sol b, KC, seb, and hs worked and I started getting some plat. I spent between 20-30k on Chardok pulls. It was well worth it. Warriors ar very boring due to auto attack and I was sick of grinding. My guild hooked me up with more of the dok xp. At this point I was very addicted to dok xp and would lose sleep some nights if I thought I could get a prized proxy spot that morning.

I finally dinged 60 in HS South.

myriverse
11-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Some mixture of Velks, KC, and solo fear-kiting in Burning Woods. Mostly Velks.

Vallanor
11-03-2016, 04:03 PM
My wizard quadded raptors in TD until 54 or so then Chardok'd to 60. Not exactly memorable or classic.

My paladin has been a slow burn on the other hand. It's still a work in progress, but I've mostly fought solo in Lower Guk dead side, which is a paladin playground. After plunking a fungi on him and upgrading my weapon, I've been tearing that place apart and having a great time in the process. Highly recommended!

I've also done some guild groups in Seb and HS and Velk's, which is a nice change of pace. I've had mixed results in pickup groups, so don't usually pursue them.

Erati
11-03-2016, 04:13 PM
Raptors, Raptors and more raptors.

<3 Dinus as my pet

coki
11-06-2016, 01:16 AM
double exp weekend 54-60 at efreeti!

Foxplay
11-06-2016, 02:35 AM
-----P99---------

Monk - 50 to 53ish (KC) ; then 54 to 60 Sebilis almost entirely

Enc - 48 to 60 almost entirely Plane of Mischief (Rat Maze solo)

Druid - 50 to 60, almost entirely quad kiting otters in Cobalt Scar

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
-----Classic-------

Monk - a lot more KC (mostly basement and hands), some Seb but nowhere near as much as I did on p99, lost 60 due to young stupidity , then got it again in Velious in Velk's farming spiders and Lower dogs

LethClaypool
11-06-2016, 04:12 AM
Leth (my druid that I no longer really play and sacrificed down) never hit 60. Highest was 57, but summary:

50-53 - Seahorse caves in Kedge.
53-55 - Quadding Kelething guards (never gonna get my epic on him)
55-57 - Bear pit.

Back when I played originally on Live I mained a warrior.

50-52 or 53 was spent soloing trash in Dreadlands when I couldn't get into a Karnor's group.

53-56 I remember doing a lot in Chardok between helping monk friends with their pipes and just genuinely loving getting a group to crawl with.

56-60 I want to say Velks. It's kinda blury. I did some Sebilis but it was very minimal but I remember doing a lot of spiders and the maze. Back then I didn't have all the information we have now so I really wanted my Silver Chitin gloves for haste even though they're not exactly optimal for a warrior.

In retrospect, I played my warrior horribly but I was really young and learning about the game. I solo'd a lot on him though when I couldn't get a group. Sow potions were my best friend.

Auvdar
11-06-2016, 12:23 PM
Raptors, Raptors and more raptors.

<3 Dinus as my pet

Pretty much this until 54. Then I hid in permafrost until 60. (Back in early Kunark when no one really went down there)

Vibrate
11-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Someone toss me ideas of zones without tons of people with a monk and druid duo, then necro joining us at 17, where are some good zones without high traffic? I got some decent plan routes but will take any advice. Havent played blue since 2012

kinda want to avoid those.

kotton05
11-06-2016, 12:33 PM
Monkly business solo guide bro

Vibrate
11-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Will check that out.

Swish
11-06-2016, 12:43 PM
Shed loads of Sebilis, KC and HS... on every character.

Sick of the sight of KC forever.

Vibrate
11-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Did they nerf Sebilite Protector in Seb? I dont see his info dropping spells anymore. That was a good trio farm back then for Torpor etc.

Vibrate
11-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Nvm looks like he still does from what I read, no one had balls to do that camp, dunno about now.