qualia
10-29-2016, 02:55 PM
whats it gonna be?

are you excited?

predictions?

you tell me...

Computer Blue
10-29-2016, 03:11 PM
With how people reacted to the Velious launch event, I don't think any of us deserve events.

ex. see below.

toastyoven
10-29-2016, 03:11 PM
If its anything like last years... its gonna suck.

Lhancelot
10-29-2016, 03:25 PM
whats it gonna be?

are you excited?

predictions?

you tell me...

I am excited, only to see something created from the minds and imaginations of Sirken and the others involved. It will be something out of the ordinary, and off the script so I am sure it will be interesting!

I predict no matter how hard these guys try to do something nice for us, they will be flamed and insulted by a few select people in the game and on the forums. Nevermind the fact they don't have to do any such events.

That being said, regardless of the malcontents who never find anything good, I predict the majority of the players will enjoy the event and it will be a huge success.

I predict lots of neat links of items people win from the event, and when it is all said and done, this event will be deemed the best Halloween event to have ever taken place in the history of EQ1!

Lojik
10-29-2016, 07:35 PM
I'd rather just pass out candy to annoying kids

Lhancelot
10-29-2016, 07:38 PM
I'd rather just pass out candy to annoying kids

How can you rather do something annoying when this could be the most fun you ever had in a mmo? :(

Bazia
10-29-2016, 08:18 PM
a wipe would really make my halloween

Thuja
10-29-2016, 10:11 PM
So flipping excited. I walked away with a Ikky Bp and Seahorse Scale Cloak for the Velious release on red. I hear it's supposed to be more of a longer event quest rather than a bunch of loot pinatas. Again, so flipping excited.

big_ole_jpn
10-29-2016, 10:29 PM
With how people reacted to the Velious launch event, I don't think any of us deserve events.

ex. see below.

wasn't that the 5 hour long fetch quest event where the best rewards were worth 50 plat and the quest was disabled when most of the participants were almost done?

Baler
10-30-2016, 12:23 AM
I hope it's not a "only the best guild with the highest meta players win" type event. But on the other hand I don't want some rat newbie winning the grand prize.

skarlorn
10-30-2016, 01:25 AM
love it

Aussie
10-30-2016, 07:51 AM
Been stocking up on These (http://wiki.project1999.com/Cloth_Cap) tasty treats to hand out for afew months now. Should be great!

Tasslehofp99
10-30-2016, 08:34 AM
Been stocking up on These (http://wiki.project1999.com/Cloth_Cap) tasty treats to hand out for afew months now. Should be great!

muahahaha

Joyelle
10-30-2016, 08:43 AM

Hey, that's Warder loot, right? :D

...too soon?

Kaosfury
10-30-2016, 08:44 AM
Im looking forward to what ever they do.

As long as there is enough time for me to enjoy the event. Then the wife log in to enjoy the event.

Teeroyoyort
10-30-2016, 10:45 AM
Preluclin 2001 Halloween event was a great time to be had
There used to be a dragon ring event in swamp of no hope at the TT zone. Dragons started from ez and got harder each go.
Rathe mountains had like plane of hate/unrest mobs with loot and a bone dragon boss that would slaughter tons of lowbies.
East karana, west commanlands and north to had their own events.

Lhancelot
10-30-2016, 11:30 AM
I know they won't do it, but honestly I wish they just went with a simple pinata-style event.

Random unusually spawned mobs to run around killing for ultra rare item drops, or just drops that never drop any other time of the year.

That's simple, fun, and all levels can partake and enjoy it equally.

When you add complexity and problem solving quests etc. to an event, you limit who can participate.

Either lower lvls cannot do the quest series as well, or some people due to RL obligations/family stuff going on don't have the time to sink into a 4 hour scripted quest.

I just think everyone enjoys free stuff, simplicity, and why not? This event is once a year, make it fun, simple and enjoyable for everyone.

That being said, I hope it is a blast and fun for everyone.

For all the naysayers and malcontents, why not just be quiet if you have nothing good to say? You sound like whiny little brats who didn't like last year's Christmas so you complain about what you haven't even gotten this year for Christmas. It's a free event that these guides are working to put together in hope of giving players a good time.

Sorn
10-30-2016, 11:44 AM
Random unusually spawned mobs to run around killing for ultra rare item drops, or just drops that never drop any other time of the year.

That's simple, fun, and all levels can partake and enjoy it equally.

They actually did something like this for Velious launch, but it ended with high levels farming low level mobs, leaving lowbies SoL. Trivial loot code should be implemented for pinata events, I think.

Tupakk
10-30-2016, 11:54 AM
I hope it is something fun. I had to work last year so I missed the event by the time I got home. The year before I helped do the hide and seek event with Morgan and Enuomia. Loot was provided by random people

I expect a mix of everything honestly. After 2 years of Braknar setting something up I bet he's got something good cooking especially since he's holding it so close that nothing has leaked.

@Braknar Halloween?

Teeroyoyort
10-30-2016, 11:59 AM
The year they did the lustrous russet drops was pretty neat too.

Axlrose
10-30-2016, 12:45 PM
On Live, wasn't there an event where giant skeletons were "crawling" (spawning) from the East Commonlands grounds? The General (or whatever the name of the leader) would drop a pretty decent two handed blunt weapon with its own graphics that was lore. There were other minor weapons and perhaps a few jewelry pieces too if the old memory serves me well. While the items were not "phat lewt", at least on Bristlebroken, higher level players helped the lower level players gain these items.

Oh, I think the skies were turned blood red, similar to what was found in the Plane of Hate (?) (forgot which plane has that effect).

kotton05
10-30-2016, 01:32 PM
I hope Rogean puts that Bill Cosby touch on my candy tbh

Pumpedup
10-30-2016, 02:37 PM
wasn't that the 5 hour long fetch quest event where the best rewards were worth 50 plat and the quest was disabled when most of the participants were almost done?

someone got a fungi and one person got an aon on red for the quest

uohaloran
10-30-2016, 08:27 PM
Preluclin 2001 Halloween event was a great time to be had
There used to be a dragon ring event in swamp of no hope at the TT zone. Dragons started from ez and got harder each go.
Rathe mountains had like plane of hate/unrest mobs with loot and a bone dragon boss that would slaughter tons of lowbies.
East karana, west commanlands and north to had their own events.

That was a time to be around. It was awesome on Quellious with a bunch of GMs playing many of the bosses live.

Gumbo
10-31-2016, 12:42 AM
I mentioned this on the announcement thread but you know a lot of people are going to sit around and see what the "prizes" are before even attempting the event. They have to see if it's going to be worth their time to roll a newbie or do the event themselves to sell the "prizes."