PDA

View Full Version : Trio question.

Lord_Snow
10-26-2016, 02:04 PM
I'm playing with nec and enc all of us are 52-55. Anyone have any trio ideas? I was thinking if the enc could have their pet root tank, could the rogue backstab effectivley?

Sephito
10-26-2016, 02:07 PM
NPCs will always attack the closest player when rooted. It will completely disregard the pet.

maskedmelon
10-26-2016, 02:11 PM
Can fear kite. Otherwise need to learn the rogue reach-around to land them backstabs from the front. It takes a bit of talent and some hard work to get down ^.~

kgallowaypa
10-26-2016, 02:13 PM
Howling Stones North with that trio would be fun and very quick killing.

xKoopa
10-26-2016, 02:14 PM
I think he means nec pet backstab which should work fine if positioned right

Darkatar
10-26-2016, 02:47 PM
If you're a nec/enc duo looking for a third, any priest would be great.

-Cleric CHing charmed pets is very effective, as well as extra HP/heals for charm breaks.

-Druid can bring snares/regen/DS/charm break healing/etc, and sometimes can add an additional charm DPS

-Shaman can of course do all the stat buffs, regen that necro, heal for charm breaks, add malo line of spells to stack with the enc's tash for charm, and can take over slows to save the ench more mana for charming/CC

-Mage also comes to mind, if you're already in a pet heavy group, why not add more pet?!

If you wanted a more permanent tank, consider SK or Paladin, between necro heals + Enc slows +C, Healing should be manageable.

Dreenk317
10-27-2016, 05:10 AM
If I'm understanding you correctly, root tanking means the chanter roots the mob, then gets close to get hit and make summoned pet engage. If this is the case, then the mob will attack the closest target in my experience, depending on your melee range and that of backstab it could be possible to be right at the edge of that zone and backstab effectively. I know I've managed to do it when duoing on my Druid with my chanter friend. Could slowly creep forward with melee on and get some safe skill ups in.

Izmael
10-27-2016, 05:18 AM
Enc and necro duo would imo most benefit from the following classes, in that order:

1. Cleric - charm pet ch, buffs, heals
2. Shaman - heals, buffs, slows, tankage where unavoidable
3. Druid - heals, buffs, ports

Spyder73
10-27-2016, 09:02 AM
Enc and necro duo would imo most benefit from the following classes, in that order:

1. Cleric - charm pet ch, buffs, heals
2. Shaman - heals, buffs, slows, tankage where unavoidable
3. Druid - heals, buffs, ports

close, but incorrect...

Enchanters group well with literally any class, so take that out of the equation and you are left with the necromancer.

The classes who group best with necromancer are Monk and Shaman, so my suggestion would be add in a Monk or Shaman.

Monks can chain pull for your double-charm-DPS-machine, so I would say necro/enh/monk would be an ideal power trio (I know from experience also). Necromancers can heal quite well is something people tend to forget and can easily keep a monk up who is pulling and DPSing.

Cleric and Druid are both inferior choices to the Monk in this trio by a long shot. Cleric CH is OK, but so is killing your pet and getting a new one. Nothing really makes up for the monks pulling ability/off-tanking ability/DPS

Swish
10-27-2016, 09:47 AM
Definitely add a healer, in a few levels consider making the healer a cleric and going into Howling Stones. I think that would be a rocking trio, especially if the cleric is good/versatile (ie - keeps root loaded, maybe an undead nuke depending on mana, etc).

Spyder73
10-27-2016, 10:14 AM
Definitely add a healer, in a few levels consider making the healer a cleric and going into Howling Stones. I think that would be a rocking trio, especially if the cleric is good/versatile (ie - keeps root loaded, maybe an undead nuke depending on mana, etc).

Howling stones is OK - Honestly best XP would be the Enc/Nec duoing if doing HS...Cleric would be OK though. I would suggest going to the Hole - HS can be a death trap for even the best of players, Hole doesn't have 40% of all mobs having Harm Touch.

Swish
10-27-2016, 10:24 AM
Howling stones is OK - Honestly best XP would be the Enc/Nec duoing if doing HS...Cleric would be OK though. I would suggest going to the Hole - HS can be a death trap for even the best of players, Hole doesn't have 40% of all mobs having Harm Touch.

Yes but nobody is eating HT's with 2 charmed pets - I'm hoping :p

Even then there's a cleric right there, as far as a trio goes I'd be in there with one.

Don't mind the hole entrance, but need more than 2-3 to do further in unless the pace is already quick.

Loke
10-27-2016, 11:35 AM
Agree with priest class, disagree with monk suggestion. Don't get me wrong, monk is probably my favorite class and I've played a monk on p99 more than any other class, but it just doesn't add much to a ench/nec duo. Ench can calm, and nec can calm undead, so there is really no need for a puller. Monk dps is decent, but with 2 charm pets, or even just one and a nec pet if you wanna play it extra safe, is plenty of damage.

A priest adds a lot more. CH on pets is awesome since most have higher HP than players, although I remember HS north mobs having pretty low HP. Quick heal incase of a crit resist on calm forcing you to eat a HT. Shaman provides additional debuffs on pets.

Or just duo, you really dont need a third. Or add another pet class. Ench/nec in HS can work just just about any class, but melees aren't going to be able to contribute as much as they could in a traditional group.

Tecmos Deception
10-27-2016, 01:41 PM
close, but incorrect...

Enchanters group well with literally any class, so take that out of the equation and you are left with the necromancer.

The classes who group best with necromancer are Monk and Shaman, so my suggestion would be add in a Monk or Shaman.

Monks can chain pull for your double-charm-DPS-machine, so I would say necro/enh/monk would be an ideal power trio (I know from experience also). Necromancers can heal quite well is something people tend to forget and can easily keep a monk up who is pulling and DPSing.

Cleric and Druid are both inferior choices to the Monk in this trio by a long shot. Cleric CH is OK, but so is killing your pet and getting a new one. Nothing really makes up for the monks pulling ability/off-tanking ability/DPS

Necro+monk+enchanter is better than enchanter+necro+priest? For what?

Monk brings more damage and more pulling, and can tank with some effort (which may be significant, depending on level/enemy) from the trio. But necro+enchanter already has damage and pulling in abundance, and lots of CC and two pets to help cope with when pulling does go bad. What that duo needs in a third character is safety!

Priests are safety. Clerics have huge HP buffs and fast heals, CH makes pets better, and more roots and stuns never hurt... plus rez. Shamans have minimal buffs to help necro or chanter, but spot heals and regen are huge to survive charm or CC breaks, malo improves basically everything any of the three wants to do, slow is better than chanters and relieves enchanter for other tasks... plus damage and some tank. Druids bring nice HP buffs and heals and regen, snare improves charm safety, ports are awesome utility... plus damage.

It's not really a debate. A priest is the best third when your first two are enchanter+necro. Not sure why you think the best partner for a necro has relevance to what the best third for a necro+enchanter pair is.

GinnasP99
10-27-2016, 01:42 PM
Wizard

maskedmelon
10-27-2016, 03:39 PM
Pff, safety. First rule of combat: the dead are a threat to no one.