PDA

View Full Version : How to play a dwarf rogue on p99 blue server. A tribute to EBK BLUUHD.

skarlorn
10-26-2016, 04:18 AM
To play a dwarf rogue on the p99 blue server first you must create a dwarf rogue. Make it male so that you have access to the barrel roll animation. The quality of life improvement from this animation is incalculable. It is also socially empowering to court dwarvish women played by human men.

You will put all of your points into strength. Character strength is an essential ingredient to success. Strength of will is important, but not as important as brute strength. With raw strength you can crush a skull between your palms. You can bench press an ogre. You can back stab for 100+ damage. That is power.

Put your remaining points into CHA or INT. The best rogues are strong, Charming, and geniuses. Always in that order. It is important that your stats accurately reflect how you will navigate project 1999 blue.

You can choose any of the faces available to dwarves. However, handsome dwarves are objects of distrust so I encourage you to pick the ugly ones.

Now you have to name your character. Do not violate naming policy. Do not take from any lore or make a joke. Your name should be harsh to human ears. It should clash consonants and be ungainly to say. If it feels awkward in your human mouth, it is probably a good dwarf name.

This is the hardest part of playing a dwarf rogue for many players. Do not be upset if it takes you 8-10 hours to create a good name. It is likely that your social environments have dulled your inborn creativity. In fact, you probably identify yourself as an uncreative person. However, to truly succeed as a rogue one must be a creative genius.

We are taught by our parents, teachers, and types of entertainment how to think about ourselves. This is called programming. It is possible to program a human. The US government and the Soviets mastered the art of creating sleeper agents. These are Individuals who were programmed from birth. They have had intense, specific trauma to split their self states. This allows for garden variety mind control. All humans are highly creative, spiritual masters. However, in order to maintain a global oligarchy, it is vital that the mass of civilization be kept content, stupefied, and unable to express itself. This was accomplished in the mid 1970s. Now, we are being experimented on with affectless outlets for our expressions. Furthermore, we have been trained to lack self awareness. The ever diminishing presence of quiet time has dulled the average person's ability to even understand their basic emotional palette.

Everquest is considered one of these traps by some. These players are usually ogre warriors, Monks, or paladins. However, a true dwarven rogue will realize the creative potential in Norrath. And he will express it.

First, you must destroy your Dagger*. It is also acceptable to leave it in your inventory, but only if it remains there in the top slot for your entire leveling career. This is to remember your roots as a slumdog of Kaladim. Next, you must turn in the note to receive your tattered shirt. Destroy this immediately. You must never accept an item for free, in this game or in real life. Nothing is free. If someone tries to give you something for free, refuse. They are trying to establish control over you. Always pay for your items, even when given to you by the System or an NPC.

Now, delete all your Skins of Milk. You will never drink a non alcoholic beverage again.

Go to the mountains and hunt dwarven skeletons. Do this until you have acquired at least one new weapon. I recommend getting four. This is how you will feed yourself. This is how you will stay drunk.

Dwarven skeletons are the risen bones of your ancestors. They are not to be pitied, especially if they are of another clan. Destroy them and desecrate their bones.

With your loot, return to Kaladim. Sell the weapons. Buy five muffins and 20 bottles of mead. Mead is not a dwarf rogues drink of choice, but you must make do for now. Drink two mead.

Find the blacksmith. Buy a sharpening stone. Sharpen your weapon in the forge.

If you are level three, train hide.

Now make your way to the druid ring. Do not take the boat. You are dwarf. You are not meant for the sea. Thinking about boats makes you feel sick. Drink another mead.

Now you must wait for a druid to appear. It is best to find a wood elf. They lack strength and are easy to intimidate..
When you find your mark, ply him with a muffin and three bottles of mead. Show him it's okay by drinking a Mead. Do not give him more mead. Elves are very frail and do not tolerate booze well. This weakness is to your advantage.

Take out your weapon. Put it near the elfs chest. State clearly your demand. Make sure he ports you to the West Commons. If you have the Strength, torque the druid into binding you in Rivervale.

Here is the final lesson for now. You have left Kaladim for good. Dwarves, including yourself, are a greedy, foul people. They are too hard to take advantage of. You must now establish yourself somewhere in Antonica. The trolls will execute you. The ogres will eat you. Dark elves will give you to the nearest troll or ogre. You must to to human cities or to Rivervale.

Go to Rivervale.

fan D
10-26-2016, 04:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/S7vlnPz.jpg

RDawg816
10-26-2016, 07:08 AM
If the druid is powerful enough, they can port you to Misty Thicket.

kgallowaypa
10-26-2016, 08:49 AM
dafuq, too early for this in the morning

Sillyturtle
10-26-2016, 07:26 PM
I want the next chapter!

Lhancelot
10-26-2016, 07:58 PM
To play a dwarf rogue on the p99 blue server first you must create a dwarf rogue. Make it male so that you have access to the barrel roll animation. The quality of life improvement from this animation is incalculable. It is also socially empowering to court dwarvish women played by human men.

You will put all of your points into strength. Character strength is an essential ingredient to success. Strength of will is important, but not as important as brute strength. With raw strength you can crush a skull between your palms. You can bench press an ogre. You can back stab for 100+ damage. That is power.

Put your remaining points into CHA or INT. The best rogues are strong, Charming, and geniuses. Always in that order. It is important that your stats accurately reflect how you will navigate project 1999 blue.

You can choose any of the faces available to dwarves. However, handsome dwarves are objects of distrust so I encourage you to pick the ugly ones.

Now you have to name your character. Do not violate naming policy. Do not take from any lore or make a joke. Your name should be harsh to human ears. It should clash consonants and be ungainly to say. If it feels awkward in your human mouth, it is probably a good dwarf name.

This is the hardest part of playing a dwarf rogue for many players. Do not be upset if it takes you 8-10 hours to create a good name. It is likely that your social environments have dulled your inborn creativity. In fact, you probably identify yourself as an uncreative person. However, to truly succeed as a rogue one must be a creative genius.

We are taught by our parents, teachers, and types of entertainment how to think about ourselves. This is called programming. It is possible to program a human. The US government and the Soviets mastered the art of creating sleeper agents. These are Individuals who were programmed from birth. They have had intense, specific trauma to split their self states. This allows for garden variety mind control. All humans are highly creative, spiritual masters. However, in order to maintain a global oligarchy, it is vital that the mass of civilization be kept content, stupefied, and unable to express itself. This was accomplished in the mid 1970s. Now, we are being experimented on with affectless outlets for our expressions. Furthermore, we have been trained to lack self awareness. The ever diminishing presence of quiet time has dulled the average person's ability to even understand their basic emotional palette.

Everquest is considered one of these traps by some. These players are usually ogre warriors, Monks, or paladins. However, a true dwarven rogue will realize the creative potential in Norrath. And he will express it.

First, you must destroy your Dagger*. It is also acceptable to leave it in your inventory, but only if it remains there in the top slot for your entire leveling career. This is to remember your roots as a slumdog of Kaladim. Next, you must turn in the note to receive your tattered shirt. Destroy this immediately. You must never accept an item for free, in this game or in real life. Nothing is free. If someone tries to give you something for free, refuse. They are trying to establish control over you. Always pay for your items, even when given to you by the System or an NPC.

Now, delete all your Skins of Milk. You will never drink a non alcoholic beverage again.

Go to the mountains and hunt dwarven skeletons. Do this until you have acquired at least one new weapon. I recommend getting four. This is how you will feed yourself. This is how you will stay drunk.

Dwarven skeletons are the risen bones of your ancestors. They are not to be pitied, especially if they are of another clan. Destroy them and desecrate their bones.

With your loot, return to Kaladim. Sell the weapons. Buy five muffins and 20 bottles of mead. Mead is not a dwarf rogues drink of choice, but you must make do for now. Drink two mead.

Find the blacksmith. Buy a sharpening stone. Sharpen your weapon in the forge.

If you are level three, train hide.

Now make your way to the druid ring. Do not take the boat. You are dwarf. You are not meant for the sea. Thinking about boats makes you feel sick. Drink another mead.

Now you must wait for a druid to appear. It is best to find a wood elf. They lack strength and are easy to intimidate..
When you find your mark, ply him with a muffin and three bottles of mead. Show him it's okay by drinking a Mead. Do not give him more mead. Elves are very frail and do not tolerate booze well. This weakness is to your advantage.

Take out your weapon. Put it near the elfs chest. State clearly your demand. Make sure he ports you to the West Commons. If you have the Strength, torque the druid into binding you in Rivervale.

Here is the final lesson for now. You have left Kaladim for good. Dwarves, including yourself, are a greedy, foul people. They are too hard to take advantage of. You must now establish yourself somewhere in Antonica. The trolls will execute you. The ogres will eat you. Dark elves will give you to the nearest troll or ogre. You must to to human cities or to Rivervale.

Go to Rivervale.

I put this up there with Sneaksy. Get to the next chapter dude!

cam_jp
10-26-2016, 08:14 PM
Proceed...

SamwiseRed
10-26-2016, 08:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/S7vlnPz.jpg

naming violation, reported

fan D
10-26-2016, 09:29 PM
sirken literally changed my prior name to fandango, i was level 54

Lhancelot
10-26-2016, 09:51 PM
sirken literally changed my prior name to fandango, i was level 54

I bet his change was a vast improvement too! Fandango is gud.

Swish
10-27-2016, 04:29 AM
Can we get a 3 picture comic strip of what happened in that text wall?

Jimjam
10-27-2016, 05:12 AM
text summary:

1 Get drunk.

2 Cut home ties.

3 Emigrate.

Lhancelot
10-27-2016, 09:28 AM
Can we get a 3 picture comic strip of what happened in that text wall?

YES! That would create even more immersion into an already compelling piece of art/literature! Swish, you are on the money with this recommendation!

I CONCUR!

Cecily
10-27-2016, 09:46 AM
Anyone planning on using this excellent rogue guide may find this informative guide helpful as well:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145890

rollin5k
10-27-2016, 08:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6Z9EAmA.png
My interpretation on a crusty paper

Sillyturtle
10-27-2016, 08:29 PM
Love your art style. Do you have a gallery somewhere? Deviantart or something?

skarlorn
10-27-2016, 09:16 PM
Hello Fellow Dwarvish Rogues,

This is now Part 2 of How to play a dwarf rogue on p99 blue server A tribute to EBK BLUUHD. Thank you for listening.

You are now in Rivervale. Do not let the hobbits beguile you. Underneath their good beer and fun, they are the slaves of Democracy (more on this later). As a Dwarf Rogue you are violently opposed to Democracy. Indeed, you are opposed to any Law that bars you from the acquisition of Rare and Powerful Artifacts. As a Dwarf Rogue you know that the only true Law of Nature is The Willingness to Kill. And this also means to “kill it” in the metaphorical sense. Some times as a Dwarf Rogue you will not be murdering your opponents but you will still be “killing it” in the way that Michael Jackson “killed it.” Do not give this concept further thought. Total self control over the flow of your thoughts and feelings is an essential aspect of the Fully Realized Dwarf Rogue.

You have three functions as a Dwarf Rogue. 1. Killing 2. Stealing 3. Barrel Rolling over dangerous pits and traps. They are always to be thought of and you should never stop thinking of them. Specifically, you must hold them in your mind in that order. Killing, Stealing, and Barrel Rolling are how you will make your way to Infamy and Fortune.

It is time to Train the art of killing.

To Kill, one must look into his own heart and see blackness. In order to do this, you must accept your own Death as an immediate reality. Stand before your opponent and square your feet. For now, you needn’t practice the Art of Ambush. Visualize the goblin cutting your throat with a rusty knife. Imagine being beaten senseless in sight of the Misty Thicket wall, rising from unconsciousness and a pool of purple blood only to be pummeled apart from your accursed life. Only then can you know the enveloping blackness. In this you will find Freedom.

As a Dwarf Rogue, your spirit is a pit of greed. Prepare yourself before you gaze into the soul of your Dwarf Rogue.

It has not been long since her death. Hurmegardt the beauteous! How she begged the Gods for her life. Before you now, the goblin pleads. "DONT GROK ME DONT GROK ME" it shrieks endlessly.

She cried under the rocks. Your fingers scraped the stones. You flung away boulders and they thumped in the dark, THUMP, THUNK, THOOM, as she pleaded with Brell. Find a stone. Stove in the goblin's skull.

Do not shy away from this spite. It is your fuel. It is your devotion. Gaze inside. When your eyes turn black, strike down your enemy.

Wearing nothing and wielding your tarnished weapon, you must fight your opponents until you reach level 7.

During this time, befriend as many halflings as you can. Though they are worms of Mayor Gubbin, they will prove valuable to you later. As they grow, some hobbits gain the ability to teleport Dwarf Rogues across vast distances in the toss of a coin. Become particularly well acquainted with the Rogues, Warriors, and Clerics. As you train your Blacksmithing, each of these hobbits will net you approximately 50pp when you sell them a set of banded. Furthermore, a Dwarf Rogue is in need of allies to perform at his optimal levels. Therefore, you must at all times be a Charming personality. It is easy to be liked among hobbitfolk if you feed them ethanol and pipe weed.

At level 7, you have now accomplished two very important things. These things are, in respective order:
1. Hitting Level 7
2. Engineering social structure to support your ascension as a Dwarf Rogue

In this time, you have developed a clumsy sense in combat. Most people would make the mistake of continuing to grind camps somewhere. That is why I am writing this guide. To correct this egregious error.

Codex 1: A Dwarf Rogue shall always advance his person through means of subterfuge and theft when able. It is much easier to steal an item someone is hiding than it is to murder them and hide the body.

It is time to stop fighting. Go to the Halfling Mafia and learn how to Pick Pocket. This skill is your bread and butter. It will now pave your road with platinum and experience.

Buy twenty Muffins and twenty Brandy. You are leaving Rivervale at the crack of dawn to travel through Kithicor Forest. Take this time to drink Brandy. It is also possible to fool many hobbits into giving you free weapons and platinum. While you wait for dawn, you have 2 priorities: 1. Drink Brandy 2. Demand Tribute to the Liberator's League of Kaladim. Tell anyone who will listen that you are the exiled son of a lost Lord. Give them Brandy. Soon, they will line your pockets with generous elvish gifts.

At dawn, depart Rivervale suddenly.

skarlorn
10-27-2016, 09:22 PM

This is terrific. Thank you!!

Sorn
10-27-2016, 10:04 PM

Yes, A+

Lhancelot
10-27-2016, 11:14 PM
Hello Fellow Dwarvish Rogues,

This is now Part 2 of How to play a dwarf rogue on p99 blue server A tribute to EBK BLUUHD. Thank you for listening.

You are now in Rivervale. Do not let the hobbits beguile you. Underneath their good beer and fun, they are the slaves of Democracy (more on this later). As a Dwarf Rogue you are violently opposed to Democracy. Indeed, you are opposed to any Law that bars you from the acquisition of Rare and Powerful Artifacts. As a Dwarf Rogue you know that the only true Law of Nature is The Willingness to Kill. And this also means to “kill it” in the metaphorical sense. Some times as a Dwarf Rogue you will not be murdering your opponents but you will still be “killing it” in the way that Michael Jackson “killed it.” Do not give this concept further thought. Total self control over the flow of your thoughts and feelings is an essential aspect of the Fully Realized Dwarf Rogue.

You have three functions as a Dwarf Rogue. 1. Killing 2. Stealing 3. Barrel Rolling over dangerous pits and traps. They are always to be thought of and you should never stop thinking of them. Specifically, you must hold them in your mind in that order. Killing, Stealing, and Barrel Rolling are how you will make your way to Infamy and Fortune.

It is time to Train the art of killing.

To Kill, one must look into his own heart and see blackness. In order to do this, you must accept your own Death as an immediate reality. Stand before your opponent and square your feet. For now, you needn’t practice the Art of Ambush. Visualize the goblin cutting your throat with a rusty knife. Imagine being beaten senseless in sight of the Misty Thicket wall, rising from unconsciousness and a pool of purple blood only to be pummeled apart from your accursed life. Only then can you know the enveloping blackness. In this you will find Freedom.

As a Dwarf Rogue, your spirit is a pit of greed. Prepare yourself before you gaze into the soul of your Dwarf Rogue.

It has not been long since her death. Hurmegardt the beauteous! How she begged the Gods for her life. Before you now, the goblin pleads. "DONT GROK ME DONT GROK ME" it shrieks endlessly.

She cried under the rocks. Your fingers scraped the stones. You flung away boulders and they thumped in the dark, THUMP, THUNK, THOOM, as she pleaded with Brell. Find a stone. Stove in the goblin's skull.

Do not shy away from this spite. It is your fuel. It is your devotion. Gaze inside. When your eyes turn black, strike down your enemy.

Wearing nothing and wielding your tarnished weapon, you must fight your opponents until you reach level 7.

During this time, befriend as many halflings as you can. Though they are worms of Mayor Gubbin, they will prove valuable to you later. As they grow, some hobbits gain the ability to teleport Dwarf Rogues across vast distances in the toss of a coin. Become particularly well acquainted with the Rogues, Warriors, and Clerics. As you train your Blacksmithing, each of these hobbits will net you approximately 50pp when you sell them a set of banded. Furthermore, a Dwarf Rogue is in need of allies to perform at his optimal levels. Therefore, you must at all times be a Charming personality. It is easy to be liked among hobbitfolk if you feed them ethanol and pipe weed.

At level 7, you have now accomplished two very important things. These things are, in respective order:
1. Hitting Level 7
2. Engineering social structure to support your ascension as a Dwarf Rogue

In this time, you have developed a clumsy sense in combat. Most people would make the mistake of continuing to grind camps somewhere. That is why I am writing this guide. To correct this egregious error.

Codex 1: A Dwarf Rogue shall always advance his person through means of subterfuge and theft when able. It is much easier to steal an item someone is hiding than it is to murder them and hide the body.

It is time to stop fighting. Go to the Halfling Mafia and learn how to Pick Pocket. This skill is your bread and butter. It will now pave your road with platinum and experience.

Buy twenty Muffins and twenty Brandy. You are leaving Rivervale at the crack of dawn to travel through Kithicor Forest. Take this time to drink Brandy. It is also possible to fool many hobbits into giving you free weapons and platinum. While you wait for dawn, you have 2 priorities: 1. Drink Brandy 2. Demand Tribute to the Liberator's League of Kaladim. Tell anyone who will listen that you are the exiled son of a lost Lord. Give them Brandy. Soon, they will line your pockets with generous elvish gifts.

At dawn, depart Rivervale suddenly.

Very good. Many parts are written quite well and truly depict thought and feeling through the prose. Not sure if that makes sense, but I enjoy this writing style.

skarlorn
10-28-2016, 12:09 AM
BEGIN YOUR OWN DWARF ROGUE ADVENTURE TOMORROW! (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256604)

Xaanka
10-28-2016, 12:17 AM
this guy's pretty cool

Xaanka
10-29-2016, 03:11 AM
nice thread i hope to see more of these

skarlorn
10-31-2016, 06:14 PM
How to play a dwarf rogue on p99 blue server. A tribute to EBK BLUUHD part 3

Today is the day you become a true rogue. Congratulations.

Put as many points into Pick Pocket as possible.

While still in Rivervale, buy a Round Shield. Any manner of shield will suffice. Buy the cheapest shield available, as long as a DWF ROG can wear it.

Equip your shield.

If you are careful and follow this guide, you will now be able to go from level 7 to level 13 without ever having to join a party or kill a mob.

And you will become rich.

Buy sixty alcoholic beverages. At this point, I trust that you have the skill and wherewithal to choose the drink which best suits your dwarf rogue’s needs. Alcohol is the fuel that will drive you onward. When you are out of alcohol, your entire body screams as every cell immolates in the frenzied desire for ethanol. It is very dangerous for a DWF ROG to go long stretches of time without alcohol. This is because you are addicted to alcohol. Your entire family is addicted to alcohol. Alcohol addiction is a very serious disease. It erodes your body and mind. It withers your spirit. However, it only increases your STR. And as you know, STR is the key component to the personal power of a DWF ROG. You must imbibe alcohol in moments of doubt or danger. You, above all, are a functional addict. You must express this regularly, especially while drunk. Make sure anyone you talk to knows that you can handle your drink better than they can. Establishing dominance is an important step in any relationship as a DWF ROG.

You have a long run ahead of you. Sneak through the forests of Kithicor. Gallavant your way to the rings of the West Commons. Find an elf. Make him enhance you with the Spirit of Wolf. It is not necessary to coerce with violence. You have a lot of alcohol. Usually, this is sufficient. Continue east. Pass through the tradehell of East Commonlands. This is where things get dicey.

Plunge into the forest of Nektulos. Drink many drinks. Stagger your way through the trees. Be judicious about your use of sneak/hide.

Arrive in Lavastorm. Sneak very carefully. Do not engage the monsters here. You are a DWF ROG, not a god. The monsters of Lavastorm are very dangerous and should be treated with caution.

Go into the temple of Sol Ro. Find Lon the Redeemed. Talk to him. He will give you a spiel about redemption. Agree with him. Say “I am a rogue in need of redemption.” He will give you a sealed note.

Spit in Lon’s face. If you can, shit on his boots. You are not in need of redemption. You are a rogue.

Return to Butcherblock Mountains by way of magic or boat. Run quickly to Dagnor’s Cauldorn. Sneak over the high crags. Swim across the lake until you come to a large island. Scale the cliffs of the island. At the peak you will find Conium Darkblade. This DWF ROG is your ally. You will do business with him again. Do not shit or piss on him..

Give Conium the sealed note. He will give you an axe. The axe is named “Never stop chopping.” It is ROG useable. Equip it.

Congratulations! You have finished your Illusion: Dwarf Warrior.

By whatever path you find, travel to Highhold Pass. In life, there are infinite Paths to the same destination. And sometimes, one path can yield many destinations. In this case, you must go to Highold Pass, which is a path in itself. And this is the latter type of path. Never confuse your personal Path with the Way of the Road. The Way of the Road is a code of ethics used by inbred humans who are responsible for moving commercial goods across the Antonican continent. People who follow the Way of the Road pee in gallon jugs and throw them out into the Karana. They solicit “lotlizards” AKA iksar female whores who are actually necromancer slaves working to collect vast quantities of human sperm aka “life essence.”

Now that you are in Highhold Pass, go to Highhold Keep. Turn on /role. Refrain from talking in OOC. From this point onwards, you must speak only in /say and you must speak as a DWF WAR would speak. Add the words “Plate armor” and “when do I get disciplines” to your lexicon. Also, be prepared to ask things like, “are warriors ever good?” and “is my path as a warrior equitable to my path as a spirit in this dimension?” These questions are amendments to your Illusion: Dwarf Warrior and should be used whenever someone doubts you.

In Highkeep Basement you will find between four to seven nerds all sitting around fighting goblins. They are fighting these goblins because these goblins carry precious treasures. These treasures are in the form of their own Left Goblin Ears, as well as Bricks and Blocks of High Quality ore. Usually, a character in project 1999 blue server classic everquest must slay a monster to loot its items. However, as a DWF ROG this is not the case.

This is where you will level from 7-13.

Go to the group. Pass out several drinks to each player. They will be fooled by this. They will also be drunk. Tell them you are just working on raising your weapon skill. If they ask, tell them you were leveling outside on the orcs in HHP, but your party split up. So you are using this as an opportunity to train 1HS.

The party will believe you are a Dwarf Warrior or Paladin training your 1HS skill. They will be glad for your company. (You must be charming at all times). They will be amused by the flow of alcohol (keep handing out drinks).

As the party brings in goblins, Pick Pocket mercilessly. You will learn the ropes on when to continue pick pocketing and when to stop. You will steal many Left Goblin Ears and High Quality Ores.

When the goblin says, “STOP THIEF!” Carry on. Pretend nothing happened. Eventually, someone will call you out. It is at this time that you must leave the basement for a while.

You will be able to rinse and repeat this trick many times over the course of a couple of days.

Do this until you have turned in enough ears to reach level 13.

Jimjam
10-31-2016, 06:21 PM
Goblins of Norrath, lend me your ears!

Lhancelot
10-31-2016, 06:24 PM
How to play a dwarf rogue on p99 blue server. A tribute to EBK BLUUHD part 3

Today is the day you become a true rogue. Congratulations.

Put as many points into Pick Pocket as possible.

While still in Rivervale, buy a Round Shield. Any manner of shield will suffice. Buy the cheapest shield available, as long as a DWF ROG can wear it.

Equip your shield.

If you are careful and follow this guide, you will now be able to go from level 7 to level 13 without ever having to join a party or kill a mob.

And you will become rich.

Buy sixty alcoholic beverages. At this point, I trust that you have the skill and wherewithal to choose the drink which best suits your dwarf rogue’s needs. Alcohol is the fuel that will drive you onward. When you are out of alcohol, your entire body screams as every cell immolates in the frenzied desire for ethanol. It is very dangerous for a DWF ROG to go long stretches of time without alcohol. This is because you are addicted to alcohol. Your entire family is addicted to alcohol. Alcohol addiction is a very serious disease. It erodes your body and mind. It withers your spirit. However, it only increases your STR. And as you know, STR is the key component to the personal power of a DWF ROG. You must imbibe alcohol in moments of doubt or danger. You, above all, are a functional addict. You must express this regularly, especially while drunk. Make sure anyone you talk to knows that you can handle your drink better than they can. Establishing dominance is an important step in any relationship as a DWF ROG.

You have a long run ahead of you. Sneak through the forests of Kithicor. Gallavant your way to the rings of the West Commons. Find an elf. Make him enhance you with the Spirit of Wolf. It is not necessary to coerce with violence. You have a lot of alcohol. Usually, this is sufficient. Continue east. Pass through the tradehell of East Commonlands. This is where things get dicey.

Plunge into the forest of Nektulos. Drink many drinks. Stagger your way through the trees. Be judicious about your use of sneak/hide.

Arrive in Lavastorm. Sneak very carefully. Do not engage the monsters here. You are a DWF ROG, not a god. The monsters of Lavastorm are very dangerous and should be treated with caution.

Go into the temple of Sol Ro. Find Lon the Redeemed. Talk to him. He will give you a spiel about redemption. Agree with him. Say “I am a rogue in need of redemption.” He will give you a sealed note.

Spit in Lon’s face. If you can, shit on his boots. You are not in need of redemption. You are a rogue.

Return to Butcherblock Mountains by way of magic or boat. Run quickly to Dagnor’s Cauldorn. Sneak over the high crags. Swim across the lake until you come to a large island. Scale the cliffs of the island. At the peak you will find Conium Darkblade. This DWF ROG is your ally. You will do business with him again. Do not shit or piss on him..

Give Conium the sealed note. He will give you an axe. The axe is named “Never stop chopping.” It is ROG useable. Equip it.

Congratulations! You have finished your Illusion: Dwarf Warrior.

By whatever path you find, travel to Highhold Pass. In life, there are infinite Paths to the same destination. And sometimes, one path can yield many destinations. In this case, you must go to Highold Pass, which is a path in itself. And this is the latter type of path. Never confuse your personal Path with the Way of the Road. The Way of the Road is a code of ethics used by inbred humans who are responsible for moving commercial goods across the Antonican continent. People who follow the Way of the Road pee in gallon jugs and throw them out into the Karana. They solicit “lotlizards” AKA iksar female whores who are actually necromancer slaves working to collect vast quantities of human sperm aka “life essence.”

Now that you are in Highhold Pass, go to Highhold Keep. Turn on /role. Refrain from talking in OOC. From this point onwards, you must speak only in /say and you must speak as a DWF WAR would speak. Add the words “Plate armor” and “when do I get disciplines” to your lexicon. Also, be prepared to ask things like, “are warriors ever good?” and “is my path as a warrior equitable to my path as a spirit in this dimension?” These questions are amendments to your Illusion: Dwarf Warrior and should be used whenever someone doubts you.

In Highkeep Basement you will find between four to seven nerds all sitting around fighting goblins. They are fighting these goblins because these goblins carry precious treasures. These treasures are in the form of their own Left Goblin Ears, as well as Bricks and Blocks of High Quality ore. Usually, a character in project 1999 blue server classic everquest must slay a monster to loot its items. However, as a DWF ROG this is not the case.

This is where you will level from 7-13.

Go to the group. Pass out several drinks to each player. They will be fooled by this. They will also be drunk. Tell them you are just working on raising your weapon skill. If they ask, tell them you were leveling outside on the orcs in HHP, but your party split up. So you are using this as an opportunity to train 1HS.

The party will believe you are a Dwarf Warrior or Paladin training your 1HS skill. They will be glad for your company. (You must be charming at all times). They will be amused by the flow of alcohol (keep handing out drinks).

As the party brings in goblins, Pick Pocket mercilessly. You will learn the ropes on when to continue pick pocketing and when to stop. You will steal many Left Goblin Ears and High Quality Ores.

When the goblin says, “STOP THIEF!” Carry on. Pretend nothing happened. Eventually, someone will call you out. It is at this time that you must leave the basement for a while.

You will be able to rinse and repeat this trick many times over the course of a couple of days.

Do this until you have turned in enough ears to reach level 13.

rofl. Why must you leave, just keep pickpocketing imo. :p

skarlorn
11-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Part 4
Herein lies the guide to leveling a Dwarf Rogue on the p1999 blue server.

You are now a killing machine. Your stocky dwarven limbs thrust with effervescent vigor. Gnomish dildo locomotives are put to shame, and an entire batch shipment is canceled. You are now famous in Ak’anon as well as any cultured city who prefers the gnomish sex toys to non-gnomish sex toys (also referred to as “crumdurggos”. Unfortunately for the pleasure of many, you are one thing and one thing only: a dwarf rogue.

At this point, you are level 13. You have trained Backstab, Dual Wield, and all other ROG skills. Using the profits from stolen HQ ore, buy yourself Lockpicks. Purchase a potion of Stalwart Regeneration or two. As a dwarf rogue, you are ridiculously weak. You are the star of the cast, but in a solo performance the critics walk away. As a proud dwarf, this is a source of everlasting shame. Dot succumb to this shame. Bad mouth all NPCs. Conceal your self-loathing. Bury it deep within the shelves of your chest just as Brell Serrilis buried your fiancé beneath the bedrock of Norrath. The potions of Stalwart Regeneration should be used only when around other non-healing, non-regenerating gimps. Drink this in private and then convince them that you regenerate faster naturally. Illusion is a key component of the rogue’s repertoire.

Before training the Art of Combat, it is recommended that you create a set of banded armor for yourself. To do this, you must train Blacksmithing. You need roughly 160p to forge your first set of banded armor from 0 Blacksmithing skill. If you have this much coin (which you should if you’re following this guide), take the time to level up to 115 Blacksmithing and then forge a Small Banded set. This skill will later increase your fame and fortune.

You must go now and train your body in the Art of Combat. While your fingers are deft, your skills are clumsy and untrained. Buy many bandages and lots of Muffins. You must now travel to a distant island.

Hustle your way across the vast hold of Karana. If you see a Hill Giant, you are morally obligated to pickpocket it. At this time, you are not skillful enough to lift platinum. However, the endeavor of Pick Pocketing a Hill Giant is extremely foolish and risky. You must face the fear of death and failure and confront it with action. In this practice you may enter the Void State.

Once you have made your way to the city of Qeynos, it is time to resupply. Buy 60 Brandy and 40 Muffins. Buy 80 bandages. Acquire a longbow and arrows. It is up to you if you want to take up fletching. You will be on an island alone, so it is often good to have something to do with your hands. The island has been known to drive folks mad. However, some of the island madmen wear magical earrings. You are too weak for this foe. At a later point, you may come and hunt these madmen.

Travel to Erud’s Crossing and go to the island there. This is where you will hone your skills and further increase your fortune. Find the willowisps and engage them in combat near the water’s edge. If you are wearing banded armor, you will find these opponents easy to rob of their most precious treasure: life.

By combating wisps you will gain two things. First you will level your weapon skills. Second, you will gain Greater Lighstones which is a precious treasure to the level 13 Dwarf Rogue.

When fighting wisps, you much watch them closely. A dwarf rogue should always seek to engage his foe with an initial backstab (unless you are sneak pulling away – something I have not yet covered). However, willowisps do not have backs. Or do they?

Watch as they travel. Sneak beside them. Stab them from behind.

Ghost Step:

To truly become a Dwarf Rogue you must master the Ghost Step. The Ghost Step is a hidden technique available to all rogues. Correct use of the Ghost Step allows the Dwarf Rogue to backstab his opponent even when the Dwarf Rogue is the lone combatant or face-tanking. The process is simple, but difficult to master.

1. On your exhale, step forward and pass through the material body of your enemy. By exhaling your breath you are emptying your body of life force or “prana.” In this Void state you may pass unhindered through the flesh and bone of your enemy.

2. Wait for your enemy to turn to strike you in the back.

3. Backpedal so that your form passes once more through the body of your enemy. At this moment, you must lash out with all your strength and plunge your knife into the NPC’s back before the server’s lag time catches up with your Void State Pranayama Ghost Step.

As the Dwarf Rogue reaches greater levels of mastery, he will find himself timing the ghost step in between rounds of attack. This synchronization allows for full up-front damage dealt to enemy and avoids taking attacks to the back which are heavily penalized, resulting in more damage received.

At first, you will find the wisps very difficult to perform the Ghost Step on. This is intentional. Though the wisps do not have a tangible form, they are still subject to the laws of Backstab. When attempting the Ghost Step on a wisp, you must forget what your eyes see. Reliance on eyesight is a mistake that young corpses make. By the time the eye of a Dwarf Rogue perceives something, it takes precious drops of time to register in the alcohol-sodden mind of the Dwarf Rogue and stimulate the CNS to properly respond. Therefore, you must learn to time your Ghost Step purely based on the flow of prana in and out of your body. You must close your eyes and become the master of the Void.

Lhancelot
11-03-2016, 08:22 AM
Ghost Step. rofl.

Jimjam
11-03-2016, 10:49 AM
I really enjoy Borgnach's guides! Dwarfs are disgusting creatures.

An alternative way to backstab while soloing is to fight a mob diagonally, then after the mob swings you can strafe across into it's rear side to give it a poke. Doing it this way seems to reduce the chance of the mob also being able to get swings at your back or you missing out on auto attacks.

Lhancelot
11-03-2016, 10:57 AM
I really enjoy Borgnach's guides! Dwarfs are disgusting creatures.

Agreed! It's fitting Borgnach plays a dwarf. The race really fits him well!

An alternative way to backstab while soloing is to fight a mob diagonally, then after the mob swings you can strafe across into it's rear side to give it a poke. Doing it this way seems to reduce the chance of the mob also being able to get swings at your back or you missing out on auto attacks.

That's interesting too. So, what is this tactic called? We have learned "Ghost Step", what is this diagonal strafing move called? It needs a fancy name given to it...

Jimjam
11-03-2016, 11:25 AM
I imagine there are lots of witty and/or purile names people could think of it.

Perhaps the Strafing Rump. Dunno. I hope someone can come up with better if there isn't already a name for this.

Lhancelot
11-03-2016, 11:26 AM
I imagine there are lots of witty and/or purile names people could think of it.

Perhaps the Strafing Rump. Dunno. I hope someone can come up with better if there isn't already a name for this.

Strafing Rump. :p

skarlorn
11-06-2016, 05:13 PM
How to play a dwarf rogue on the p1999 blue server a tribute to EBK BLUUHD part 5 also known as “Conclusion”

1. Introuction

I will now reveal to you your ultimate goal as a dwarf rogue. You have come this far and proven yourself a devotee of the sacred path of the DWF ROG. You have gained my trust. Furthermore, I will explain the precise nature of the Rogue’s role as a Social Engineer. This part will be short and concise. Your ultimate goal is to reach level 25, or the level when you can Pick Pocket platinum.

Now I will present, en largess, a needlessly meandering and philosophical approach to laying the final foundation of your career as a famous dwarf rogue on the p1999 blue server.

2. Ultimate Goal of the Sacred Path

The Ultimate Goal of your Sacred Path as a DWFROG is to attain the skill to Pick Pocket platinum pieces. This skill either happens at 25, 26, or 27. At the time I lived in a haze of pipeweed and Kaladim Wisky. I do not recall specifics. Do not linger on the failings of your mind when ravaged by liquor. Do not contemplate the gentle masses you must break under the yoke of greed. Do not dwell upon the failings of your master when he cannot recall the specific level at which you attain the most Ultimate Power in all Norrath. Such behaviors are untoward the attitude of a natural DWFROG.

The Ultimate Goal of your Sacred Path as a DWFROG not to attain the skill to Pick Pocket platinum pieces. Yet, this is a part of the pie (pie is the gross sum of your Desire) which will adorn your face as you howl through the street like a leering moon. In truth, your Macguffin (the object of your desires) is a fortune of 100,000 platinum pieces. With 100,000 platinum pieces you will be able to afford the finest gems and ores in Norrath. You will purchase 33 essence emeralds. These items are for a secret Smithing technique. You will use them to forge a reincarnation of Hildefaahrt, your deceased lover.

It is true. Hildefaahrt and yourself had a transcendent sexual union. And yet still Brell Serillis saw fit to cast the weighty nut of his stone down upon her in the Mines. You have turned to Bristlebane and taken up the knife. Brell lurks in your heart like the shadow under a stone.

There are the whispers in your mind now. Do not turn away from the liquor. Let the liquor do the thinking. The liquor is your greatest ally.

In order to achieve the Ultimate Goal, you must attain the skill to Pick Pocket platinum. Therefore, the skill of Pick Pocketing Platinum is a milestone on the Sacred Path which will lead you to your ultimate goal.

Go, by any means available to you, to the point where you have this level of skill.
Remember, you must do as little work as possible at all times. It is not becoming for a rogue to over-exert himself for the benefit of his party.

3. Your Role as a Social Engineer

Though you may reach the mastery of Platinum Pick Pocketing in isolation, it is likely that you will join an elvish Army of some banner as you work as a Norrathian Assassin. You must use the guild for your profit, as a boon to your Ultimate Goal.
First you must find a guild. This should be easy if you follow my detailed instructions on how to be a Charming Genius (be a DWF ROG, DWF rogues are necessarily charming and geniuses, therefore if you are a DWFROG you are a Charming Genius).

In the guild sell as much Banded Armor as possible. Put some people into debt by making them Fine Plate. Every scrap counts. Treat your enemies like dogs and punish them when possible.

During your time in the Army it is advisable to befriend your Lord or ‘Guild Leader.’ This is usually easy, as most ‘Guild Leaders’ have weak minds and great Delusions. Where the DWFROG logs on to steal Goblin ears, thereby increasing his skill, fame, and fortune, the ‘Guild Leader’ considers it an event to “log off” and clean his body of sedentary filth. Never forget this: ‘Guild Leaders’ are dirty beings. They are subjects of Pride and Illusion. It will be easy to discover the Nature of your Lord with careful observation. This is because Elf Lords are very loud. They have nothing going IRL and therefore they must chat and talk incessantly via the various magics befitting an Elf Lord aka Discord or AIM chat.

You must befriend this Elf Lord because you must destroy him. When the Elf Lord beholds your splendor, he will become anxious. The anxiety will preside in the Elf’s subconscious. He will not be aware that his newfound anxiety and eros when reading your logon greetings in guild chat are the result of a towering inferiority complex. The Elf Lord will become flighty and very dangerous during this time. However, it is also the time when he will be at his most Vile and Vulnerable. During these moments, lay traps that lead him to reveal the abcess in his chest he calls a heart. Take screenshots. Let him damn himself. Screen shot everything mercilessly.

Eventually, the Elf Lord will publicly execute you. You will be in the scryer camp of upper guk grinding your way to 25, 26, or 27 and after a psychic struggle where you lay the Elf Lord at his feet, he will be forced to kick you out of the Army. It is at this time that you attack like pressurized water, seeking any crack in his exterior.

However, you must do this silently as is your way as a DWFROG. Allow the weaknesses in the armor to expose themselves, now that Elf Lord thinks you are no longer a threat.

Then, you must post these screenshots to your guild forums. It is advisable to wait at least the night so that you are no longer in the heat of Psychic frenzy. Execute the vile Elf publicly by posting evidence of his Dark Character. Conspire with the remaining officer core, who will be allied with you, the overthrow of the Crazed Elf Lord. Things will become very messy. Elf Lord will lash out in insane ways. He will plea and offer guild bank items to try and get people to stay. As everyone abandons him, his most infantile neuroses rear up and he will scream that he breast fed the elvish army.

It is crucial that after the coup you are not named the next Elf Lord. It is unbefitting your goals to be caught in the spotlot. As the new government of the Army is formed, place a puppet leader. Enjoy your new guild.

4. EN CONCLUSION

Once you have attained Skill beyond Skill, you may now work your way to fortune without every lifting a blade. Murder is a grisly sport. It lacks subtlety and you are an artist of the Slight. You may now rob hill giants in Rathe Mountains, the Sand Giants of the Desert. Try robbing the city guards of their shields. It is no coincidence that the Greedy Dwarves have the most valuable shields. Run around Norrath harvesting the spoils. Only fight when you must.

It is wise to venture to the dangerous reaches of Trakanon’s Teeth. If you can pay a heroic adventurer to help you get a key to the Ruins of Old Sebilis, you may sneak in among the frogs and steal very very valuable gems from them. Perhaps. And only sometimes. If you are ever caught, these frogs will kill you.

Once you have reached your 100,000 target, spend everything on the items I have carefully laid out. Follow the MoonRune Smithing Ritual as detailed by your Bloodline. Forge the platinum Hildefaahrt and take her to your bed. Lay with her.

5. EN RESOLUCION

You woke up born again. Using your Ultimate Powers you brought back the life of not only Hildefaahrt but also Gungdangor of the Rueful Face, Kalaty the wife of Kalabad, and the King’s entire harem which died after his rapid fire Fart Attack. But, as you restored life to these most luscious dwarven beauties, the light of the Gods finally left your eyes. You laid your tools to rest and laid your tool to rest inside Hildefaahrt. Your weapons rust in trunks beneath your bed. Perhaps one day, you will break them out and sharpen them with a whetstone. But for today?

Life is good.

Lhancelot
11-07-2016, 10:18 AM
How to play a dwarf rogue on the p1999 blue server a tribute to EBK BLUUHD part 5 also known as “Conclusion”

1. Introuction

I will now reveal to you your ultimate goal as a dwarf rogue. You have come this far and proven yourself a devotee of the sacred path of the DWF ROG. You have gained my trust. Furthermore, I will explain the precise nature of the Rogue’s role as a Social Engineer. This part will be short and concise. Your ultimate goal is to reach level 25, or the level when you can Pick Pocket platinum.

Now I will present, en largess, a needlessly meandering and philosophical approach to laying the final foundation of your career as a famous dwarf rogue on the p1999 blue server.

2. Ultimate Goal of the Sacred Path

The Ultimate Goal of your Sacred Path as a DWFROG is to attain the skill to Pick Pocket platinum pieces. This skill either happens at 25, 26, or 27. At the time I lived in a haze of pipeweed and Kaladim Wisky. I do not recall specifics. Do not linger on the failings of your mind when ravaged by liquor. Do not contemplate the gentle masses you must break under the yoke of greed. Do not dwell upon the failings of your master when he cannot recall the specific level at which you attain the most Ultimate Power in all Norrath. Such behaviors are untoward the attitude of a natural DWFROG.

The Ultimate Goal of your Sacred Path as a DWFROG not to attain the skill to Pick Pocket platinum pieces. Yet, this is a part of the pie (pie is the gross sum of your Desire) which will adorn your face as you howl through the street like a leering moon. In truth, your Macguffin (the object of your desires) is a fortune of 100,000 platinum pieces. With 100,000 platinum pieces you will be able to afford the finest gems and ores in Norrath. You will purchase 33 essence emeralds. These items are for a secret Smithing technique. You will use them to forge a reincarnation of Hildefaahrt, your deceased lover.

It is true. Hildefaahrt and yourself had a transcendent sexual union. And yet still Brell Serillis saw fit to cast the weighty nut of his stone down upon her in the Mines. You have turned to Bristlebane and taken up the knife. Brell lurks in your heart like the shadow under a stone.

There are the whispers in your mind now. Do not turn away from the liquor. Let the liquor do the thinking. The liquor is your greatest ally.

In order to achieve the Ultimate Goal, you must attain the skill to Pick Pocket platinum. Therefore, the skill of Pick Pocketing Platinum is a milestone on the Sacred Path which will lead you to your ultimate goal.

Go, by any means available to you, to the point where you have this level of skill.
Remember, you must do as little work as possible at all times. It is not becoming for a rogue to over-exert himself for the benefit of his party.

3. Your Role as a Social Engineer

Though you may reach the mastery of Platinum Pick Pocketing in isolation, it is likely that you will join an elvish Army of some banner as you work as a Norrathian Assassin. You must use the guild for your profit, as a boon to your Ultimate Goal.
First you must find a guild. This should be easy if you follow my detailed instructions on how to be a Charming Genius (be a DWF ROG, DWF rogues are necessarily charming and geniuses, therefore if you are a DWFROG you are a Charming Genius).

In the guild sell as much Banded Armor as possible. Put some people into debt by making them Fine Plate. Every scrap counts. Treat your enemies like dogs and punish them when possible.

During your time in the Army it is advisable to befriend your Lord or ‘Guild Leader.’ This is usually easy, as most ‘Guild Leaders’ have weak minds and great Delusions. Where the DWFROG logs on to steal Goblin ears, thereby increasing his skill, fame, and fortune, the ‘Guild Leader’ considers it an event to “log off” and clean his body of sedentary filth. Never forget this: ‘Guild Leaders’ are dirty beings. They are subjects of Pride and Illusion. It will be easy to discover the Nature of your Lord with careful observation. This is because Elf Lords are very loud. They have nothing going IRL and therefore they must chat and talk incessantly via the various magics befitting an Elf Lord aka Discord or AIM chat.

You must befriend this Elf Lord because you must destroy him. When the Elf Lord beholds your splendor, he will become anxious. The anxiety will preside in the Elf’s subconscious. He will not be aware that his newfound anxiety and eros when reading your logon greetings in guild chat are the result of a towering inferiority complex. The Elf Lord will become flighty and very dangerous during this time. However, it is also the time when he will be at his most Vile and Vulnerable. During these moments, lay traps that lead him to reveal the abcess in his chest he calls a heart. Take screenshots. Let him damn himself. Screen shot everything mercilessly.

Eventually, the Elf Lord will publicly execute you. You will be in the scryer camp of upper guk grinding your way to 25, 26, or 27 and after a psychic struggle where you lay the Elf Lord at his feet, he will be forced to kick you out of the Army. It is at this time that you attack like pressurized water, seeking any crack in his exterior.

However, you must do this silently as is your way as a DWFROG. Allow the weaknesses in the armor to expose themselves, now that Elf Lord thinks you are no longer a threat.

Then, you must post these screenshots to your guild forums. It is advisable to wait at least the night so that you are no longer in the heat of Psychic frenzy. Execute the vile Elf publicly by posting evidence of his Dark Character. Conspire with the remaining officer core, who will be allied with you, the overthrow of the Crazed Elf Lord. Things will become very messy. Elf Lord will lash out in insane ways. He will plea and offer guild bank items to try and get people to stay. As everyone abandons him, his most infantile neuroses rear up and he will scream that he breast fed the elvish army.

It is crucial that after the coup you are not named the next Elf Lord. It is unbefitting your goals to be caught in the spotlot. As the new government of the Army is formed, place a puppet leader. Enjoy your new guild.

4. EN CONCLUSION

Once you have attained Skill beyond Skill, you may now work your way to fortune without every lifting a blade. Murder is a grisly sport. It lacks subtlety and you are an artist of the Slight. You may now rob hill giants in Rathe Mountains, the Sand Giants of the Desert. Try robbing the city guards of their shields. It is no coincidence that the Greedy Dwarves have the most valuable shields. Run around Norrath harvesting the spoils. Only fight when you must.

It is wise to venture to the dangerous reaches of Trakanon’s Teeth. If you can pay a heroic adventurer to help you get a key to the Ruins of Old Sebilis, you may sneak in among the frogs and steal very very valuable gems from them. Perhaps. And only sometimes. If you are ever caught, these frogs will kill you.

Once you have reached your 100,000 target, spend everything on the items I have carefully laid out. Follow the MoonRune Smithing Ritual as detailed by your Bloodline. Forge the platinum Hildefaahrt and take her to your bed. Lay with her.

5. EN RESOLUCION

You woke up born again. Using your Ultimate Powers you brought back the life of not only Hildefaahrt but also Gungdangor of the Rueful Face, Kalaty the wife of Kalabad, and the King’s entire harem which died after his rapid fire Fart Attack. But, as you restored life to these most luscious dwarven beauties, the light of the Gods finally left your eyes. You laid your tools to rest and laid your tool to rest inside Hildefaahrt. Your weapons rust in trunks beneath your bed. Perhaps one day, you will break them out and sharpen them with a whetstone. But for today?

Life is good.

I have been inspired by your creative guide to create a DWFROG now. Thank you.