PDA

View Full Version : New server is a horrible Idea this is why

A1rh3ad
10-25-2016, 08:47 AM
I came to this game recently and one thing that has made me stay is the large amount of players compared to other private servers. You may think splitting the players up at this point wouldnt be a bad idea because there are plenty to spare right? What about slow times like this morning? I logged on and there are slightly less than 500. I was able to group with someone before work and enjoy seeing other players in the game. Now what will happen if they split those users up? When I log into the game the world will look barren. I dont mind starting in a topheavy server. Life is topheavy. MMORPG is a simulation of life. Players who have everything dont really need a new server. Nobody is forcing them to twink new characters.

fadetree
10-25-2016, 08:56 AM
Whew! good thing you brought this up before it was too late.

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 08:59 AM
First of all, it's morning as you said? On a weekday? EVERY MMO IS SLOW IN MORNINGS!!!!

I for one enjoy early play times in the day because it's "slow". You actually can level a low level at orc1 without seeing multiple 20-60s farming it for belts, or you can have a slightly better chance that a camp isn't being poopsocked as it is for hours long when the server is busier.

A new server would help because the fact is we have too many neckbeards on one server that lock down everything so casuals can't enjoy their casual gameplay!

A new server would only alleviate some of the bottlenecking of things too.

Just like a great philosopher once said about his beloved city home,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKofnVkUwBA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKofnVkUwBA)

Either wipe blue clean, or create a new server. Or, do both!

Rygar
10-25-2016, 09:04 AM
Mornings are for people to go to work and earn a living and for euro folk. 500 people is a ton of folk for that time if you ask me. Don't see anything wrong with a new server to thin out the upper tiers of poopsockers with 20 alts. New players most likely won't migrate in my opinion since noob gear is cheap and plentiful on blue.

You were also just raising holy Hell asking for IP exemption and complaining left and right how unjust it was it took so long... Seeing a lot of "I" in your post and no "we". Hmmm...

A1rh3ad
10-25-2016, 09:15 AM
Its all opinion. I may be completely wrong.

xKoopa
10-25-2016, 09:18 AM
New server would just be poopsocked by same people while they poopsock on blue

New server would probly be worse because of legacy items etc bringin out the worst in ppl

I have no doubt someone would corpse over 100 manastones before its removed

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 09:31 AM
I have no doubt someone would corpse over 100 manastones before its removed

You mean like how P99 Blue began too?

Give me a break, you don't think knowledgeable people didn't farm the crap out of items before they were rendered no longer droppable?

I view this response as commonly held by people who amassed millions of plats early on when Blue began, and have held a stranglehold on it ever since.

These same people also have banks filled with so much shit they have 10 accounts filled with alts just to hold all their pixels. Like someone else said, this is a hoarders mentality.

I also think it's more than that though.

I think people who have 10 manastones, 20 fungis, countless Horns of Hsagras, etc., they simply enjoy weilding all this wealth while others below them have no chance to ever reach that point due to the the fact the wealthy were on the server first and able to manipulate the market by farming items that would later not drop.

Sure, this will happen again, it's inevitable! But, let some other people have a chance to partake in the wealth on a new server.

Let newer players who have just discovered P99 have a chance to get a Guise of the Deceiver for their druids, pallies, ogre warriors, etc.! Let newer players have a chance to farm Holgresh Elder Beads and then sell them for 100k! Let newer players have a chance to get a Manastone!

gummab
10-25-2016, 09:32 AM
New server would just be poopsocked by same people while they poopsock on blue

A1rh3ad
10-25-2016, 09:42 AM
You mean like how P99 Blue began too?

Give me a break, you don't think knowledgeable people didn't farm the crap out of items before they were rendered no longer droppable?

I view this response as commonly held by people who amassed millions of plats early on when Blue began, and have held a stranglehold on it ever since.

These same people also have banks filled with so much shit they have 10 accounts filled with alts just to hold all their pixels. Like someone else said, this is a hoarders mentality.

I also think it's more than that though.

I think people who have 10 manastones, 20 fungis, countless Horns of Hsagras, etc., they simply enjoy weilding all this wealth while others below them have no chance to ever reach that point due to the the fact the wealthy were on the server first and able to manipulate the market by farming items that would later not drop.

Sure, this will happen again, it's inevitable! But, let some other people have a chance to partake in the wealth on a new server.

Let newer players who have just discovered P99 have a chance to get a Guise of the Deceiver for their druids, pallies, ogre warriors, etc.! Let newer players have a chance to farm Holgresh Elder Beads and then sell them for 100k! Let newer players have a chance to get a Manastone!

Isn't that the point of an mmo though? The strong thrive while the plebs try to work their way up the ranks.

kgallowaypa
10-25-2016, 09:50 AM
Whew! good thing you brought this up before it was too late.

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 09:51 AM
Isn't that the point of an mmo though? The strong thrive while the plebs try to work their way up the ranks.

Pretty sure the point of a MMO revolves around more than "plebs" working their way up the social rankings of wealth.

Besides a new server would create a new hierarchy, granted with many of the same people but still, at least a new server would be fresh for awhile.

Sometimes new is good. Pixel hoarders shouldn't be afraid of letting others starting anew and having a chance of gaining what they too have.

This is just an example of the rich holding the poor down. Plebs lives matter too.

indiscriminate_hater
10-25-2016, 11:22 AM
those neckbeards took our jobs

NorseGod
10-25-2016, 11:34 AM
I would love a new server, so I can experience classic ^_^

maskedmelon
10-25-2016, 11:46 AM
Just require proof of employment, credit and background checks for access to the new server. Those of us who are successful outside of Norrath should not be marginalized within Norrath simply because we choose not to invest as much of our time in fruitless endeavors. Let us reward impertinent achievement with triviality!

musashi1612
10-25-2016, 11:51 AM
Sorry im lost in this thread, Is there going to be a new server?

fadetree
10-25-2016, 11:53 AM
No. Yes. We don't know.

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 12:55 PM
Just require proof of employment, credit and background checks for access to the new server. Those of us who are successful outside of Norrath should not be marginalized within Norrath simply because we choose not to invest as much of our time in fruitless endeavors. Let us reward impertinent achievement with triviality!

Isn't success subjective? I mean, in my world if I am farming fungi tunics on p99 daily for a year straight and have 10mil in my bank, I'd probably feel pretty successful, right?

Sporkotron
10-25-2016, 01:05 PM
People who want a new server are pretty dumb in my opinion. EverQuest sucks ass on low pop servers, if you make a new server you split the population and make it suck for everyone.

Lothian
10-25-2016, 01:21 PM
First of all, it's morning as you said? On a weekday? EVERY MMO IS SLOW IN MORNINGS!!!!

I for one enjoy early play times in the day because it's "slow". You actually can level a low level at orc1 without seeing multiple 20-60s farming it for belts, or you can have a slightly better chance that a camp isn't being poopsocked as it is for hours long when the server is busier.

A new server would help because the fact is we have too many neckbeards on one server that lock down everything so casuals can't enjoy their casual gameplay!

A new server would only alleviate some of the bottlenecking of things too.

Just like a great philosopher once said about his beloved city home,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKofnVkUwBA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKofnVkUwBA)

Either wipe blue clean, or create a new server. Or, do both!

This.

Swish
10-25-2016, 01:38 PM
New server is coming soon.

When it lands I hope theres a day 1 ban on cross server trades.

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 02:29 PM
New server is coming soon.

When it lands I hope theres a day 1 ban on cross server trades.

Yeah they should punish anyone that starts this shit. No trades across servers should be allowed.

Sirken
10-25-2016, 04:00 PM
if we opened a new blue server, it would only be to have a classic server that followed the exact classic timeline (ie: no 4 years of kunark, no waiting for devs to create or fix anything, etc). It would not be for any other reason.

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 04:27 PM
if we opened a new blue server, it would only be to have a classic server that followed the exact classic timeline (ie: no 4 years of kunark, no waiting for devs to create or fix anything, etc). It would not be for any other reason.

Awesome. This is exactly what we need! Can't wait.

Trollhide
10-25-2016, 05:33 PM
wipe it clean 2016

schnickusaurus
10-25-2016, 05:34 PM
People who want a new server are pretty dumb in my opinion. EverQuest sucks ass on low pop servers, if you make a new server you split the population and make it suck for everyone.

Like myself, you are a smart man. Correct, Making new blue has a risk of Making 2x low pop servers. The function of increasing likelyhood of death of p1999 is therefore increased the more servers we get added. I vote make 1 new server according to Sirken's info. However only make one more blue, no more , ever. Or death is risk.

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 05:46 PM
Like myself, you are a smart man. *snip*

Translation: If you agree with me you are smart and people who disagree are all stupid.

EQBallzz
10-25-2016, 05:47 PM
Pretty sure the point of a MMO revolves around more than "plebs" working their way up the social rankings of wealth.

Besides a new server would create a new hierarchy, granted with many of the same people but still, at least a new server would be fresh for awhile.

Sometimes new is good. Pixel hoarders shouldn't be afraid of letting others starting anew and having a chance of gaining what they too have.

This is just an example of the rich holding the poor down. Plebs lives matter too.

The fact that he used the term "pleb" is disqualifying IMO. Go back to BDO with that "pleb" shit!

What I would love to see is a new server that is a copy of this blue server but with a tweaked Luclin expansion (removing/altering things to keep it in the spirit of "classic" like maybe no Nexus or Bazaar, adjusted/removed AAs and a tweaked ZEM to put old world zones on par with PC or whatever). Then allow one way transfers from blue to that server.

Those who don't want Luclin or don't want to move can stay on blue and not much would change. All the guilds that are stagnant at the end game could move to the new server and experience new raid content (if they want) which would free up a lot of raid and dungeon targets for others here.

Then people have a choice and I doubt it would impact the population that much since most of the people are already max level anyway. Many would likely return to either experience raid content here that was previous blocked by other guilds or return to experience new content from Luclin. The leveling population probably wouldn't even be impacted that much.

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 06:13 PM
The fact that he used the term "pleb" is disqualifying IMO. Go back to BDO with that "pleb" shit!

What I would love to see is a new server that is a copy of this blue server but with a tweaked Luclin expansion (removing/altering things to keep it in the spirit of "classic" like maybe no Nexus or Bazaar, adjusted/removed AAs and a tweaked ZEM to put old world zones on par with PC or whatever). Then allow one way transfers from blue to that server.

Those who don't want Luclin or don't want to move can stay on blue and not much would change. All the guilds that are stagnant at the end game could move to the new server and experience new raid content (if they want) which would free up a lot of raid and dungeon targets for others here.

Then people have a choice and I doubt it would impact the population that much since most of the people are already max level anyway. Many would likely return to either experience raid content here that was previous blocked by other guilds or return to experience new content from Luclin. The leveling population probably wouldn't even be impacted that much.

Pretty sure they aint doing all this stuff you are thinking sounds like a good idea. When you start on this server, you understand the idea behind it, and that idea doesn't go past Velious.

All of the things you mentioned you would like, AAs, Luclin, flying batmobiles, and whatever else you added in that rant above probably doesn't fit into the "classic timeline" Sirken mentions above.

kgallowaypa
10-26-2016, 12:20 PM
wipe it clean 2016

Wishful thinking hive mind

Netherzul
10-26-2016, 12:41 PM
I came to this game recently and one thing that has made me stay is the large amount of players compared to other private servers. You may think splitting the players up at this point wouldnt be a bad idea because there are plenty to spare right? What about slow times like this morning? I logged on and there are slightly less than 500. I was able to group with someone before work and enjoy seeing other players in the game. Now what will happen if they split those users up? When I log into the game the world will look barren. I dont mind starting in a topheavy server. Life is topheavy. MMORPG is a simulation of life. Players who have everything dont really need a new server. Nobody is forcing them to twink new characters.

I thought you quit.

Mygicmeen
10-26-2016, 01:27 PM
I feel like this argument that it will just kill the server that s going now is superfluous. Without new content why wouldn't the server slowly die on its own?

New servers always bring new people in to play. You can see it on the free uo shards that pop up, they just die quicker because of a lack of content.

Mygicmeen
10-26-2016, 01:29 PM
Also why would people stop playing the blue server. Why wouldn't they play both as needed?

xKoopa
10-26-2016, 01:41 PM
New server would probly hit 3k pop easily if people knew when it came out

So many old players would come back for that(at least i would)

Sporkotron
10-26-2016, 02:38 PM
New server would probly hit 3k pop easily if people knew when it came out

So many old players would come back for that(at least i would)

You think a new server would triple the population instead of split it? That's fuckin retarded.

The fuck are you basing that on? You know most people are such big losers that they refuse to play on p99, but still hang around keeping tabs on it like jilted lover.

Everyone who wants to play classic EQ is already here. Adding a new server would just split the already small population in half.

Izmael
10-26-2016, 03:38 PM
That's not completely true. Remember the surge of population on both servers when Velious was rolled out? These people came out of retirement to play.

I bet even more people would come out of retirement or semi-retirement if/when a new blue server is launched.

Bazia
10-26-2016, 03:38 PM
people are literally 2 dum to realize that people who aren't currently playing would play a new server

they cannot be helped

Lhancelot
10-26-2016, 04:28 PM
people are literally 2 dum to realize that people who aren't currently playing would play a new server

they cannot be helped

That's because the only world that they can see is the one they are in right now, on p99. Nothing and nobody else exists.

EDIT* P.S. You spelled the word "dumb" wrong! Just in before someone else points this out.
EDIT** P.P.S. Oh, and you also left off a period at the end of your sentence!

A1rh3ad
10-26-2016, 05:03 PM
I thought you quit.

Nope. I'm going to be here for a long time. Norrath is my home now.

Baler
10-26-2016, 05:51 PM
OP is toxic. Then tries to say he is sorry for being toxic. Then acts toxic again.

skarlorn
10-26-2016, 06:19 PM
OP is toxic. Then tries to say he is sorry for being toxic. Then acts toxic again.

He will do well here

Baler
10-26-2016, 06:27 PM
He will do well here

Maybe you two can go on a date and get to know each other.

A1rh3ad
10-26-2016, 07:27 PM

This isn't toxic. My farts are.
Bean burritos ftw

A1rh3ad
10-26-2016, 07:32 PM
In all seriousness though. I'm just stating my opinion on the issue. Whether I'm right or not I do not know. If I was trying to be inflammatory I would have started the discussion much differently.

dirtyhousebeatz
10-28-2016, 11:04 PM
What about if Blue merges with the current Red server but make it officially PVP. Then make a new Blue server for a fresh start. Hopefully most of the people will play it but then we can always switch it up and PVP on the merged Red server and have fun decked out. I believe it will help Red population but also help tons of people come back to the game and also people that play now will be able to have a fresh start with everyone and enjoy the game even more! I still enjoy P99 as it is 100% as I am sure others do too but enjoy it even more 120% with a new Blue server. My .02 (a little idea I got while high, I believe it's a good one!)

Swaganometry

dirtyhousebeatz
10-28-2016, 11:10 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ https://s18.postimg.org/gwmyjwp9h/lelsp99.jpg