PDA

View Full Version : Coldain Military Wristguard quest confusion

Rygar
10-24-2016, 11:32 AM
Hey all, has anyone completed the Coldain Military Wristguard quest recently? The wiki walk through is here:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Coldain_Military_Wristguard_Quest

It just seems confusing where it no longer requires the Velium War Wolf Choker. So it appears quest goes like this...

1) Get 'Bottle of Karsin Acid' in Crystal Caverns, give to Erdarf in Thurg, receive Gem of Persuasion
2) Hand Gem of Persuasion in to A Frost Giant Wolf Tamer and receive the 'giant version of this gem' (not sure exact name of gem)
3) Hand 'giant version of gem' back to A Frost Giant Wolf Tamer to receive Giant Control Harness
4) Hand Giant Control Harness to Shardwurm Broodmother and then kill Korf Brokenhammer to loot your Coldain Military Wristguard

It just seems odd that you just hand the gem in twice to the same mob (A Frost Giant Wolf Tamer) without the wolf harness portion that is claimed to be removed from the quest line. Has anyone done this with success or is the wiki incorrect?

Any help is appreciated, thank you much!

Nuggets
10-24-2016, 12:18 PM
Astuce finished his (server first i think). Get in touch with him

Lojik
10-24-2016, 02:04 PM
Astuce finished his (server first i think). Get in touch with him

I helped Astuce with it, I will try to recall correctly but I may get it wrong...you should verify with him (and I deleted my log file ugh.)

I think the way we approached this was:
Acquire acid, acquire harness from coldain wolf.
Turn in acid to dwarf, get gem.
Turn in gem to tamer, get new gem. Turn in harness and gem and get the giant harness of control.

It's slightly different from the walkthrough, as I think that intermediate step of turning in the wolf harness and getting a wolf harness back is skipped.

surron
10-24-2016, 03:35 PM
the quest doesn't require the wolf harness, the steps you provided are accurate. its a bug in the quest that was never fixed and implemented correctly here

Old 08-24-2015, 12:40 PM
Project Manager

Pending update,

Frost giant wolf tamer no longer requires a blood wolf harness and a giants gem of persuasion. He will give you a Giant's Harness of Control for the Giant's Gem of Persuasion.

Rygar
10-24-2016, 03:58 PM
Appreciate all the help, very useful posts! It seems if Nilbog made a post on it, I suppose I'll try that route (worst case, the gem isn't that hard to obtain if the wolf tamer eats it). I'll pick the 'stuce brain too next time I see him. My +wis gear will grow!

Rygar
10-26-2016, 10:16 AM
Just wanted to say I completed this quest last night, thanks for all the help! I should say the steps in my original post are indeed accurate, I just handed in the gem twice and did not need the wolf harness.

For the actual fight, I should mention that Korf Brokenhammer ran real fast once the broodmother arrived at the cave entrance... I almost missed him, just saw a tiny black dot disappear over a hill and followed it, I wouldn't have caught him without a sow on!

The wiki also made him seem harder than he was, I brought a guildie necro to help but probably wasn't needed, wasn't hitting me for much over a 100, average of around 50. But better safe than sorry!