PDA

View Full Version : Still soloing with a chanter

Tecmos Deception
10-23-2016, 09:52 AM
I'm just an old former-cheater and has been (or never was, depending on who you ask) these days, but I still get my kicks playing on P99.

Being extremely antisocial on my chanter as I solo my way through dungeons (just ask Rigaa, who I could barely be bothered to let into HS north, who I yelled at a couple times for fiddling with mobs I was clearing even though he was trying to help, who invited me to duo and I just ignored the invite, who offered to buff me with his cleric and I said no but then he came and did it anyway). Buffing noobs in WC/EC/FP after I have to hat out of a dungeon (I woulda died except for the buffs Rigaa's cleric gave me... lol) and need to sit around to heal up. Complaining to Drumas's alt that my main has waaaayyyy less plat nowadays than I used to keep on my recharge mule. Complaining about how EC is such a shitty place and why the hell won't people buy/sell with me asap so that I can get back to actually playing. No more streaming (interweb isn't great), but I'm doing a bunch of videos!

These are the things I do in P99 anymore.

P99's great. I hardly like any of you guys though. Have a nice day!

kuuky
10-23-2016, 10:05 AM
Forget to take your meds today?

pathius41
10-23-2016, 11:15 AM
So, I am not sure what I just read. Was that a rant about Rigga? Or was it a "hey i'm a giant douche nozzle, look at my video" ad?

jarlerop
10-23-2016, 11:41 AM
If you had a point, I must have missed it.

Evia
10-23-2016, 02:06 PM
So you hate people, like to be anti social, but are still starving for attention. So you needed to make a post to share with everyone else about how much you like to be anti social and don't like any of us?

Ok.

Lojik
10-23-2016, 02:53 PM
Now THIS is good fanfiction

Kindadar
10-23-2016, 03:13 PM
Hey Tecmos. Long time no see... Just logged in yesterday for the first time in over a year myself. Up to your usual antics again??

-Kin

karkaroth
10-23-2016, 03:50 PM
OP said he was having fun playing this game including the who how and why, whats the problem /shrug. Better response from community would been to share your thoughts about the who what and why you play this game. So far his post has been the most interesting to read lets see if you can do better.

Tecmos Deception
10-23-2016, 03:53 PM
So you hate people, like to be anti social, but are still starving for attention. So you needed to make a post to share with everyone else about how much you like to be anti social and don't like any of us?

Ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqQvEcc3y1U&t=0m42s

elwing
10-23-2016, 04:18 PM
Being extremely antisocial on my chanter

You should try red!

Tecmos Deception
10-23-2016, 04:34 PM
You should try red!

I did, had red Tecmos to 54 but no one wanted to come play in the depths of HS even when I streamed it live. Then, well, red Tecmos is no more!

Currently have a 56 cleric over there too actually. Thought about playing him again... it's not off the table but not happening at the moment.

bouncerr 2.0
10-23-2016, 04:43 PM
miss u on red pal check it out again gonna be good this winter, prob good last run for it to be honest, i just started a guild 2 days its going good. hit me up on kerwin

-savor

Briscoe
10-23-2016, 05:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN29X2HCKpU

Lagaidh
10-23-2016, 05:54 PM
Heh. Just when you think it's safe to go back in the forums...

Sadre Spinegnawer
10-23-2016, 06:28 PM
Don't mess with Tecmos. He may be no fun, but the dude plays solo chanter like nobodies business. I, in contrast, pat myself on the back if the group doesn't wipe and all buffs are kept fresh.

skarlorn
10-23-2016, 09:33 PM
C u real soon

kgallowaypa
10-23-2016, 09:37 PM
These perdiots cost money tec, cmon share the love of your topsekrets

Lojik
10-23-2016, 10:21 PM
Damn dude your a badass streaming in one of the most inaccessible and non traversed dungeons on the server. What a tough guy.

No one gives a shit about HS and tbh no one on red cares about streaming. Go unanon and explore the world.

drug related?

Orotiagito
10-23-2016, 10:59 PM
It's true. You're a bit tight, but I still watch your videos and I sorta know where you're coming from. Being a solo chanter you get no love.

pasi
10-24-2016, 01:30 AM
Cool guy, that Tecmos.

Swish
10-24-2016, 05:37 AM
A convicted RMTer, but a good enchanter ^^

Tecmos Deception
10-24-2016, 07:07 AM
Damn dude your a badass streaming in one of the most inaccessible and non traversed dungeons on the server. What a tough guy.

No one gives a shit about HS and tbh no one on red cares about streaming. Go unanon and explore the world.

All I ever heard about red was how hard all you PVPers were. I figured you'd all love a chance to have streaming intel and a chance to put a cocky bluebie in his place, with his corpse buried in "one of the most inaccessible and non traversed dungeons on the server."

Also, as we all know how utterly faceroll PVE in EQ is from you guys running your mouths about it all the time, I'm sure I'm just misunderstanding you. Surely you guys didn't avoid a zone because of the PVE consequences of being there :)

GinnasP99
10-24-2016, 09:14 AM
Have a nice day!

Hey thanks TD, you too!

zanderklocke
10-24-2016, 10:19 AM
Cool guy, that Tecmos.

What are you playing now?

Odann
10-24-2016, 10:40 AM
HS best zone in-game.

Only big dick PvP'ers will go in there and look for a fight. HS confirmed reddest zone in game.

thufir
10-24-2016, 11:32 AM
All I ever heard about red was how hard all you PVPers were. I figured you'd all love a chance to have streaming intel and a chance to put a cocky bluebie in his place, with his corpse buried in "one of the most inaccessible and non traversed dungeons on the server."

Also, as we all know how utterly faceroll PVE in EQ is from you guys running your mouths about it all the time, I'm sure I'm just misunderstanding you. Surely you guys didn't avoid a zone because of the PVE consequences of being there :)
this thread was pretty boring right up until this post. +1 for on point smackdown

Izmael
10-24-2016, 11:40 AM
You didn't get PvP in HS not because it's remote but because you were level 54 and out of PvP range to level 60. Also don't listen to that offtune guy, he's always mad for some reason lol.

pasi
10-26-2016, 04:48 PM
What are you playing now?

Just started playing WoW: Legion.

Movember
10-26-2016, 07:38 PM
Watched your videos a couple months back which inspired me to create a chanter. Ignore the trolls - it's good entertainment.

Teppler
10-26-2016, 09:34 PM
Everyone has their way of enjoying the game.

Ganjar
10-26-2016, 10:09 PM
They government shot the trigger beam into him _ to go on the forums and display when species go wrong example.

Tecmos Deception
10-27-2016, 01:47 PM
They government shot the trigger beam into him _ to go on the forums and display when species go wrong example.

Finally someone who gets it.

On an unrelated note, I got my HS west key earlier. TCK was up in north, and, after assuring some chanter from <Elders> who was farming loot in north that I wasn't going to train him and that I could handle myself when it comes to soloing in HS on a chanter, I went to kill him. So should be popping out a video for HS west soon. That'll be enough HS for a while though, I'll probably go to KC and perma and maybe velks for videos after west.

Orotiagito
10-27-2016, 01:53 PM

lol

Pumpedup
10-27-2016, 02:39 PM
watched one of the videos for about 10 seconds, dude loves the sound of his own voice and narrates his own stories ( that no one watches )

if you listen closely you can hear his screams of madness from the bottom of howling stones.......

Tecmos Deception
10-27-2016, 06:00 PM
watched one of the videos for about 10 seconds, dude loves the sound of his own voice and narrates his own stories ( that no one watches )

if you listen closely you can hear his screams of madness from the bottom of howling stones.......

Well the latter part is accurate. I'll give you that.

Sadre Spinegnawer
10-27-2016, 06:33 PM
By the way, I forget which year it was, but it was during the classic era, at the annual fan faire, SOE set up a joke forum called "soloing in Everquest." It had a bunch of seats set up, but no speaker announced, just a sign announcing the forum topic. Was funny. If I did some googling I could probably find a photo of it.

The original "vision" really was to not solo and to incentivize group adventuring. I admire that goal immensely, but of course, this gameworld is now old and so we do all kinds of things with it.

But it is true, I think, that one of the failures of subsequent mmo's is to figure out how to incentivize grouping. I spent 5 months or so playing SWTOR at release until I realized, wtf, this is just a single player game with a lame mmo aspect tacked on.

Tecmos Deception
10-27-2016, 09:34 PM
By the way, I forget which year it was, but it was during the classic era, at the annual fan faire, SOE set up a joke forum called "soloing in Everquest." It had a bunch of seats set up, but no speaker announced, just a sign announcing the forum topic. Was funny. If I did some googling I could probably find a photo of it.

The original "vision" really was to not solo and to incentivize group adventuring. I admire that goal immensely, but of course, this gameworld is now old and so we do all kinds of things with it.

But it is true, I think, that one of the failures of subsequent mmo's is to figure out how to incentivize grouping. I spent 5 months or so playing SWTOR at release until I realized, wtf, this is just a single player game with a lame mmo aspect tacked on.

Hah, nice.

My thoughts on soloing in MMOs: it's kinda lame, sure. But I can't get enough of it. It's like... soloing in a game that was intended for you to want (or even need) groups is just the best. Single player games designed as such? Playing them solo is just playing them. But solo baldurs gate or solo stuff in an MMO you're supposed to need a group for? It's different, better for me, worse for some.

Puzzle solving maybe? Some players just love figuring out how to make something work that wasn't supposed to?

fadetree
10-28-2016, 08:22 AM
Right, I like the idea of really having to solve a difficult situation. Chanters are good at this because they have a lot of tools that can be used in creative ways. I like grouping too, sort of, but it's kind of boring compared to some of the solo challenges. I just took my chanter to Kaesora, been bumming around in there doing really risky stuff and attempting to live through it. Good exp? No. Good loot? Not really. But it's good fun.