PDA

View Full Version : Ogres and their silly looking Velious plate helm graphic

Lhancelot
10-21-2016, 04:01 PM
Is there a way to keep this abomination from appearing on my screen permanently? When you remove helm graphic, it reappears on zoning. This big, giant bell-shaped helm is so stupid looking I have no words to describe it.

Sprawlz
10-21-2016, 04:17 PM
helm is so stupid looking I have no words to describe it.

But it's not like the ogre faces (or manners...) are particularly smart looking either.

Perfect fit imo.

Jontheripper
10-21-2016, 04:17 PM
Go to options and deselect showhelm

Lhancelot
10-21-2016, 04:40 PM
Go to options and deselect showhelm

Everytime you zone it pops the helm back up though. :confused:

Ele
10-21-2016, 04:42 PM
get another helmet

Lhancelot
10-21-2016, 04:48 PM
get another helmet

Yeah, that's the only way to avoid it I guess. Actually, I think I will just reroll my ogre. This helm is so stupid looking it has made me hate all ogres even my own.

Zaela
10-21-2016, 04:52 PM
I could make a tool to make a mild edit on your model data files to prevent the client from loading the model... Would just be bare-headed then, for you and any other ogre with the same helm model.

Jontheripper
10-21-2016, 05:10 PM
Everytime you zone it pops the helm back up though. :confused:

Then ur pc is trolling you, id suggest putting it down...

Sage Truthbearer
10-21-2016, 05:17 PM
Ogre helmet is top tier.

kgallowaypa
10-21-2016, 05:25 PM
reminds me of bucket head

supermonk
10-21-2016, 05:30 PM
I personally think High elf's look the stupidest.

Vallanor
10-21-2016, 05:40 PM
I personally think High elf's look the stupidest.

They're almost uniformly bad (with a few exceptions) but I agree with this.

EQBallzz
10-21-2016, 05:52 PM
Yeah, that's the only way to avoid it I guess. Actually, I think I will just reroll my ogre. This helm is so stupid looking it has made me hate all ogres even my own.

You picked Ogre for fashionquest? No. You didn't. Now accept your fashion fate like an Ogre!

Zaela
10-21-2016, 07:00 PM
I could make a tool to make a mild edit on your model data files to prevent the client from loading the model... Would just be bare-headed then, for you and any other ogre with the same helm model.

Quicky tool to disable (and re-enable) velious helms for any race+gender: download link (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70648819/downloads/P99%20Velious%20Helm%20Destroyer.zip).

http://i.imgur.com/Ttal7gq.png

I'm not in the position to log in to a server and test it at the moment, but I've disabled other models the same way before, so I think it ought to work.

Steps:
1) Unzip P99 Velious Helm Destroyer.zip. It contains a folder of the same name.
2) Run the exe from within the unzipped folder.
3) Point it at your EQ folder when prompted.
4) Select race + gender and click the button.

Some models appear to be shared between genders, namely Human and Barbarian.

A backup of the edited file (gequip2.s3d) is made the first time you point the tool to your EQ folder (the backup is called gequip2.zae).

Open source, the meat of the code comes with the tool in the form of Lua scripts.

Lhancelot
10-21-2016, 09:53 PM
Quicky tool to disable (and re-enable) velious helms for any race+gender: download link (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70648819/downloads/P99%20Velious%20Helm%20Destroyer.zip).

http://i.imgur.com/Ttal7gq.png

I'm not in the position to log in to a server and test it at the moment, but I've disabled other models the same way before, so I think it ought to work.

Steps:
1) Unzip P99 Velious Helm Destroyer.zip. It contains a folder of the same name.
2) Run the exe from within the unzipped folder.
3) Point it at your EQ folder when prompted.
4) Select race + gender and click the button.

Some models appear to be shared between genders, namely Human and Barbarian.

A backup of the edited file (gequip2.s3d) is made the first time you point the tool to your EQ folder (the backup is called gequip2.zae).

Open source, the meat of the code comes with the tool in the form of Lua scripts.

Wow, thanks a lot that's cool. Didn't expect anyone to provide a technical way to take care of this! Thanks a lot. Hopefully this gets stickied or something so people know how to do this in the future.

kingsBlend
10-21-2016, 10:00 PM
Was there an option to show helm during Velious?

Zaela
10-21-2016, 10:13 PM
Didn't expect anyone to provide a technical way to take care of this!

Lemme know if it doesn't work, or anything like that...

Hopefully this gets stickied or something so people know how to do this in the future.

Nah.

86753o9
10-22-2016, 05:33 AM
It should've been made to look more ogerish, like a dead dwarf or something. As it is now tho it's not entirely bad, reminds me of The Simpsons for some reason.

Brut
10-22-2016, 07:51 AM
That chinguard is hype.

Also confused how this is a problem for your character, don't you have to, you know, go turn it in to make it Custom in the first place?

elwing
10-22-2016, 12:47 PM
the tool will only work for yourself... all other will still see that ugly helm... to avoid that pick a helm with "cloth" graphics as listed on allakazam... also, all the velious helm that you can turn in to get their "custom" form (like Cowl of Mortality => Custom cowl of mortality) have no graphics, in fact the only difference once customized is that they gain graphics...

Jaleth
10-22-2016, 02:21 PM
Fantastic Zaela. I still us the wonderful "side door" program you provided earlier. Makes a world of difference to me and many others.

Lhancelot
10-22-2016, 02:29 PM
Fantastic Zaela. I still us the wonderful "side door" program you provided earlier. Makes a world of difference to me and many others.

Zaela delivered here. Thanks again, Zaela.