PDA

View Full Version : (Another) New Server Idea

Evia
10-19-2016, 05:02 PM
I think it'd be super awesome if p99 did a FV type rule set server.

Only 1 character per account, and only 1 account per IP.
Make no loot NO DROP except epics.

Maybe make this rule on the recycle/green server that's been talked about. That way it keeps both blue and green always viable and populated because you could only lvl 1 new char at a time and could only start new again after you dumped your char off on blue.

Thoughts? More suggestions/Ideas?

gummab
10-19-2016, 05:16 PM
Make no loot NO DROP

I like the idea of having bags full of nothing.

mrreavers
10-19-2016, 06:37 PM
Monks

http://i.turner.ncaa.com/dr/ncaa/ncaa7/release/sites/default/files/images/2014/06/24/read-this-ucla-dogpile-0624.jpg

skarlorn
10-19-2016, 06:47 PM
hardcore RP PvP server, Common tongue is switched to Human, all races default to their own languages. city leaders (king of ak'anon etc) drop raid loot equitable to vox/naggy. lynch mobs encouraged, ganking gives currency, and no profanity restrictions as long as you're calling them Norrathian-lore based slurs

Foxplay
10-20-2016, 02:11 AM
New server with the following rules:

1) Follows timeline to live patches or as close as possible
2) 1 Character per account / 1 Account per IP
3) Everything is "NO DROP" + Axe recharging
4) Disable Multi-questing

Reasoning:

1) - Pretty sure spending 5years in Kunark or several years in content that is suppose to last way less time has a negative impact on the high end, especially since Kunark had the same level cap as Velious. (P99's end expansion)

2) Several things come with this change. First it makes peoples choice of class really central to playing on that server, also it makes everybody stand out a lot more, while this wont effect a lot of players who only play one character anyway It limits a guilds overall strength when many hardcore members no matter how much time they commit on the server they are only worth 1 character, they cant just log in 4+ other level 60's for raids / item farming / spot checking and so on of high value spawns in the world

3) Get people involved in the world. First and foremost this does not kill the economy of the game. Everyone would just start selling "Services" such as PL'ing or they will camp and item or help you kill something which already happens on p99 in terms of selling Merc's to kill epic boss fights to complete certain MQ's. At the very least people will spend more time with others in order to get gear and be involved in the game and other zones other than EC. Also it makes raiding a lot more difficult by Axing recharges. Which yes was used back in the day but nowhere near to the extent it is used on P99

4) Again... get people involved with each other, even if its just selling services. Also I feel it really hurts the game when "Anything is purchasable". Yes loot rights could be sold but at least with MQ'ing axed it would make it quite a bit harder to the point that you might as well just camp it yourself or with friends / guild, rather than just buy it in EC

Tankdan
10-20-2016, 02:40 AM
Why does every1 want live timelines? Most people were hardly 60 by the time Velious was half way over back on live. It took 14 months on P99 just to see 2 Gharns drop. Give each expansion 12-16 months.

Jontheripper
10-20-2016, 02:03 PM
hardcore RP PvP server, Common tongue is switched to Human, all races default to their own languages. city leaders (king of ak'anon etc) drop raid loot equitable to vox/naggy. lynch mobs encouraged, ganking gives currency, and no profanity restrictions as long as you're calling them Norrathian-lore based slurs

Also make killing PC chars give neg and pos faction to their respective allied and opposing cities.

Kill too many elves? Better hope the drow have a guild you can train in.

Partial to gnome meat? Literally no one will mind.

AxerJ
10-20-2016, 02:29 PM
hardcore RP PvP server, Common tongue is switched to Human, all races default to their own languages. city leaders (king of ak'anon etc) drop raid loot equitable to vox/naggy.

I think this is actually an awesome suggestion. Unfortunately, probably wouldnt be enough players.

khanable
10-20-2016, 02:41 PM
The FV rule set would be a lot of fun.

Swish
10-25-2016, 02:22 PM
The FV rule set would be a lot of fun.

I never played it but I think it would be a lot of fun :) ^^

maskedmelon
10-25-2016, 02:30 PM

I likey ^^

Spyder73
10-25-2016, 04:49 PM
The same people who ruin Blue would immediately ruin Green. I have no idea why people think it would be any different.

Kaosfury
10-25-2016, 04:51 PM
I agree with ANY new server. I dont care rule set. I would like to start fresh and build a legacy...instead of sharing mobs with uber twinks.

Same with pvp...ill roll pvp any day we start fresh....but im not rolling into years behind the 8 ball.

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 04:58 PM
I agree with ANY new server. I dont care rule set. I would like to start fresh and build a legacy...instead of sharing mobs with uber twinks.

Same with pvp...ill roll pvp any day we start fresh....but im not rolling into years behind the 8 ball.

Exactly. How a new server is a bad thing to some is beyond me. But, whatever. I would gladly go to a new server, just starting up.

Sporkotron
10-25-2016, 05:29 PM
Exactly. How a new server is a bad thing to some is beyond me. But, whatever. I would gladly go to a new server, just starting up.

Because it would split the population and low pop EverQuest sucks nuts. Simple as that.

Xaanka
10-28-2016, 12:22 AM
haha! yeah great another server idea thread that will never happen! die.

big_ole_jpn
10-28-2016, 12:51 AM
everyone comes to my mansion and sets up a PC. roll up a new full item loot pvp discord ruleset. if u die ingame for any reason i personally execute you with a nail bat. i confiscate all of the losers' assets and give 70% to the last man standing (i keep 30% for expenses). u are not allowed to leave the gamerhouse unless u leave alone.

Swish
10-28-2016, 03:34 PM
haha! yeah great another server idea thread that will never happen! die.

Why even click them? :rolleyes: