PDA

View Full Version : Adopting Bard Epic changes from Live?

eqvoid
10-17-2016, 02:07 PM
Some of the epics (and more specific here, Bard) are a factor of 10-20X harder to obtain than other classes mainly due to the fact they rely on heavily contested raid NPC's. In regards to the Bard epic, they introduced the following changes to "un block" players from obtaining their epics...

- In Kedge Keep, a harbinger of the seas can help adventurers get their epic 1.0 pieces that would normally drop from Phinigel Autropos.
- In Dreadlands, a harbinger of frost can help adventurers get their epic 1.0 pieces that would normally drop from Gorenaire.
- In Skyfire Mountains, a harbinger of flame can help adventurers get their epic 1.0 pieces that would normally drop from Talendor.

How about it? While I don't normally don't cry over fairness, they changed this on Live for a reason. Some classes are basically handed their epics at 50 (and usually before), while others can never obtain them.

fadetree
10-17-2016, 03:30 PM
I can assure you that this will never happen here. It is, sadly, not classic. This server is not about what EQ should have been, it's about what it was.

lurk
10-17-2016, 04:08 PM
Those mobs are so not classic that they arent even on progression servers.

Kotopes
10-17-2016, 04:13 PM
Some things that are not classic are actually in the spirit of it. For example wizards are in a very sad state and should be given crits despite it was only done in SoL expansion. However we will never get this.

lurk
10-17-2016, 04:19 PM
The npcs in question were added like a year ago and arent even classic in spirit. (Theyre essentially trash mobs that summon a raid)

I would veto the cleric epic changes in skyfire which is close to era. This proposal is laughably non classic

tiadashi
10-17-2016, 04:23 PM
whats next? then other classes will want their epics easier and other "easier" things - next thing you know its live 8P

Ele
10-17-2016, 04:31 PM
Roll EZ Server, you hail a vendor and get epics.

Faiding
10-18-2016, 03:51 AM
Yeah can we also put Red/Green/White dragon scales on innkeeper merchants too please

Jontheripper
10-18-2016, 09:19 AM
Some things that are not classic are actually in the spirit of it. For example wizards are in a very sad state and should be given crits despite it was only done in SoL expansion. However we will never get this.

Wizzies hold the keys to the planes, theyre just fine.

fadetree
10-18-2016, 11:09 AM

I'm a Ranger. I'll never see the thing that actually fixed the class more than anything else - EQ/AM3 AA's. It is what it is.

falkun
10-18-2016, 02:07 PM
Be glad you have Undead Bard and very few fucks are given about even the real Trakanon.

myriverse
10-18-2016, 03:24 PM
I'm actually shocked they added this last year on Live. I would have figured you get an Epic when you first create your level 65 character.

Spyder73
10-19-2016, 09:23 AM
#BeastLordLivesMatter
#FreeBeastLords

Swish
10-19-2016, 09:44 AM
Some of the epics (and more specific here, Bard) are a factor of 10-20X harder to obtain than other classes mainly due to the fact they rely on heavily contested raid NPC's. In regards to the Bard epic, they introduced the following changes to "un block" players from obtaining their epics...

- In Kedge Keep, a harbinger of the seas can help adventurers get their epic 1.0 pieces that would normally drop from Phinigel Autropos.
- In Dreadlands, a harbinger of frost can help adventurers get their epic 1.0 pieces that would normally drop from Gorenaire.
- In Skyfire Mountains, a harbinger of flame can help adventurers get their epic 1.0 pieces that would normally drop from Talendor.

How about it? While I don't normally don't cry over fairness, they changed this on Live for a reason. Some classes are basically handed their epics at 50 (and usually before), while others can never obtain them.

If you want an easy epic, play an easy epic quest class (shaman/rogue/etc)

stifling
10-19-2016, 10:59 AM
Law of economics. TANSTAAFL
Nothing of value is free
I'm a bard main too.

fadetree
10-19-2016, 12:10 PM
TINSTAAFL

stifling
10-19-2016, 07:08 PM
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Zekayy
10-20-2016, 12:04 AM
Lol this isn't wow go play legion if you want free epics.

fadetree
10-20-2016, 08:41 AM
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

lol, ok you got me

Loke
10-20-2016, 11:35 AM
Be glad you have Undead Bard and very few fucks are given about even the real Trakanon.

This. I got my bard epic pre-velious and went to over 30 Trak raids before getting guts. If you think the Phinny portion of epic is too difficult, you should probably look into other games. Getting an epic should feel like an accomplishment, especially the harder and more powerful ones like the bard epic.

stifling
10-22-2016, 08:25 PM
I think Loke's comment about the power of the item is key to this discussion. The bard epic changes the game for Bards more than any other item by far. In the classic era it is the only item that can enhance singing songs (1.8, or 80% more effective). No other epic comes close.