PDA

View Full Version : Druid starting in SFG

Kreigor
10-15-2016, 01:51 PM
Hey all im new to the game (never played live but played ALOT of EQOA and EQ2 and i missed the challenge that EQOA had and heard about this project). So ive got my first character a lvl 3 druid, ive already got a bronze 2 hander and 4 stacks of bonechips. Im trying to decide when would be a good point to pack up and head to freeport so i can get to the tunnel to sell my stacks and actually have some plat to work with. As well as what would be the easiest way of getting there if i dont have the cash for a port cause running across that many zone/ the continent will be kinda hard as a lvl 3 id assume.

Some suggestiions?

LordRayken
10-15-2016, 01:54 PM
Best suggestion is to start with the /who all 60 druid, or just /who all druid and start messaging politely. Let them know you're new and tell them your situation. Most druids I've messaged this way have picked me up and even given me a bind.

Sometimes though, you get strings of "too busy," or what have you. My best example is when I asked a Druid in freeport for a port, they told me they were too busy, I got another port, and the druid who told me they were too busy was at the same druid rings I asked to be ported to.

That was great.

If no druids are open for it, then you should switch to /who all 60 wizard and so on. Someone will do it. Lots of times Druids in their 30s and 40s are even more helpful than their 60 counterparts.

Kreigor
10-15-2016, 02:17 PM
Ill give it a shot yah a bind in FP would be super solid as its dead outside of SFG in Q. Hills

JonyeGway
10-15-2016, 02:20 PM
We have a guild for old EQOA players, EQOA Reborn. Your more than welcome to join if you'd like.

Tupakk
10-15-2016, 02:23 PM
I would continue to level in QH and NQ until 6 or 7 and then do bb. The amount of plat your going to get for 4 stacks vs time and energy spent getting to NFP is a waste. Plus once a week high levels run through to get to VOX raid. Giving you a chance to get some gear or buffs.

If done right you could be level 20 in less than a week. Through Fangs. Plus the drops in bb aren't that bad and you will easily clear 40p which is what you will get for the stacks of chips.

TLDR : stay and grind not worth it.

LordRayken
10-15-2016, 02:27 PM
I would continue to level in QH and NQ until 6 or 7 and then do bb. The amount of plat your going to get for 4 stacks vs time and energy spent getting to NFP is a waste. Plus once a week high levels run through to get to VOX raid. Giving you a chance to get some gear or buffs.

If done right you could be level 20 in less than a week. Through Fangs. Plus the drops in bb aren't that bad and you will easily clear 40p which is what you will get for the stacks of chips.

TLDR : stay and grind not worth it.

The area is totally dead, I think he was saying. That can be quite lonely/boring.

LenkoCambria
10-15-2016, 02:36 PM
It's a shame that Blackburrow and Qeynos Hills are dead on this server, it really is. They were always my go-to favorites on live.

OP, send a tell to Tempeh in game if you want to leave Qeynos area.

EQBallzz
10-15-2016, 02:44 PM
Embrace the boredom and loneliness and camp the Glowing Black Stone in QH. Sell for 1.5-2k. Then go wherever you want and never worry about collecting chips again!

utenan
10-15-2016, 03:39 PM
Maybe the Qeynos area wouldn't be so empty if everyone didn't tell new players to accumulate mass amounts of bone chips and run to EC for fast money and levels : p

You can do the rabid pelts quest in Qeynos at around level 5 or 6 - I think you get around 2pp per turn in? and then bandits in the karanas at 10+.

OF course if you don't like the area then you can learn a lot about Everquest by hoofing it through the Karanas - a rite of passage as old as Norrath!

LordRayken
10-15-2016, 04:50 PM
Maybe the Qeynos area wouldn't be so empty if everyone didn't tell new players to accumulate mass amounts of bone chips and run to EC for fast money and levels : p

You can do the rabid pelts quest in Qeynos at around level 5 or 6 - I think you get around 2pp per turn in? and then bandits in the karanas at 10+.

OF course if you don't like the area then you can learn a lot about Everquest by hoofing it through the Karanas - a rite of passage as old as Norrath!

In 99-01 I don't remember Qeynos being very active either. I always recall freeport being the place everyone wanted to be.

Heavenzoutcast
10-15-2016, 05:52 PM
I think one reason QH and BB are so dead is because there's not a SFG port out. If it was implemented, I bet this place would become a bit more active compared to the past few years.

Ravager
10-15-2016, 07:42 PM
Rabid Wolf Pelt quest and Jaggedpine Crook quest will get you more plat than the bone chips, both are in Qeynos area. Wolf gets you 2pp per turn in and always drops pelt. The staff vendors for 10 plat I think, or you could use it

Tupakk
10-15-2016, 07:53 PM
Then after you get to a certain lvl and can make it out to NK the lightstone turn ins are ridic. GLS bring in 10p per turn in.

LenkoCambria
10-16-2016, 08:36 AM
I don't remember their names, but a few weeks ago I was helping out a Paladin and Iksar Monk who were leveling in Blackburrow. Now THAT is hoofing it to level in a place you loved fifteen years ago.

Expediency
10-16-2016, 05:32 PM
The area is totally dead, I think he was saying. That can be quite lonely/boring.

qeynos and blackburrow are not totally dead, there are always people there. Its just not as popular as gfay and freeport area.

Its a shame there is no surefall glade portal, it would really help open up that part of the world.

Kreigor
10-16-2016, 07:02 PM
I see that its not completely dead but im trying to get rid of the bones i got to make room in my backpack but ive got a plan to stick around until I get my self portals im getting pretty good returns on rusty weaps and duplicate cloth armor for now. If someone wants to meet me in QH Ill sell em for 20pp instead of 40pp just get the bag space and money.

nostalgiaquest
10-17-2016, 06:21 AM
i think Qeynos newbie area is way better than freeport. EC is crap except you can beg buffs off people. Northern ro is just as empty as qeynos hills. Sure oasis has folks, but who wants to kill crocs all day.

Stay in qeynos. the mobs are plentiful. Once you can start killing gnolls, which if i recall is like lvl 6, farm them in blackburrow until you get lvl 10. Loot all the gnoll fangs you can and save em up. Then at lvl 10 turn em all in at qeynos and you'll get to like lvl 12-13. Then it's off to Erud's crossing to kill willowhisps on the island. Stay there and stock up on lightstones until lvl 15 or so, then roll to north karana and turn them all in. Also you get a few pp per light stone so you'll get some cash money.

Then you're in NK and you've got the option to find a port if you wanna join the masses in oasis. Or continue your westward journey to the karanas and beyond. Bandit camps with quest sashes in west karana are the next step. Then aviaks in south karana. the list goes on!

Best advice i can give a noob. Slow down and enjoy the ride. the game aint going nowhere, and it aint changin, so you got time.