PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Faction in Freeport - how to raise it?

Lhancelot
10-13-2016, 09:30 AM
I am hoping Aalderon and other faction masters can add to the ways to raise this faction.

Yes, I know I can bank in Freeport, and I know I can invis wall the bank, or FD etc. But, as an Iksar necro i want to raise my faction via quests to be able to legit bank and sell in Freeport. I want the humans to love me! I killed orcs incessantly for 3+ days, and I finally can walk by the militia they are dubious to me... But, the vendors STILL are dubious too, I want to buy and sell with them.

Can some people please give some ideas what quests will raise this faction in Freeport?

Also, I don't want to damage the "evil" factions in tunnels, so I am looking for ways to improve all the factions in Freeport, not just one or another.

P.S. Aalderon, I know you gave me some ideas earlier in the game, I can't remember it all tbh. So, I am asking here that way if you respond, it will be easier to keep track, the info I mean. Plus, I am at a point where I can move in FP a little easier etc. :)

khanable
10-13-2016, 09:31 AM
Turn in brandy in qeynos

10 stacks or so should do it

Edit: I have no idea if this harms evil factions there

Lhancelot
10-13-2016, 09:49 AM
Turn in brandy in qeynos

ok. will look it up for more detail. Just wondering if my iksar can get in to the npc and turn in. I am only 17 lvl now. Don't have skellie form yet etc.

Lhancelot
10-13-2016, 10:01 AM
Wohoo! I just started killing pawns and grabbing orc pawn picks I read that Hallard will take 4 of them and give good faction hits for the vendors for them... and, checked with a vendor and i am apprehensive! Weird thing is, one vendor in same Inn still glowers at me, lol. Rest of them are apprehensive so i can sell/buy. :confused:

Sorn
10-13-2016, 12:13 PM
Turn in brandy in qeynos

Wrecks circle of unseen hands (Qeynos rogues)

My current path:
* Killed tons of deathfist orcs for NFP paladins + monk guild faction
* Rat ears to Rephas in Qeynos Hills for FP caster guild faction if you can sneak turn-in or something similar (wolf form?) (lowers militia, but positive hits to caster guild are greater)
* Still turning in scalps in highpass for militia, but faster way is to get wolf form and turn in deathfist slashed belts (lowers NFP faction - just kill more orcs)
* Rebby's whiskers for coalition of tradefolk + illegal (bankers)(although the orc picks clearly work better)
* edit, forgot this one - turn in 2gp to Fabien in wolf form to reach non-KoS with Antonican bards

Not sure on FP cleric guild at the moment

EQBallzz
10-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Wohoo! I just started killing pawns and grabbing orc pawn picks I read that Hallard will take 4 of them and give good faction hits for the vendors for them... and, checked with a vendor and i am apprehensive! Weird thing is, one vendor in same Inn still glowers at me, lol. Rest of them are apprehensive so i can sell/buy. :confused:

If you are raising militia faction with turn-ins you are lowering NFP paladin faction. I think the only time you raise both is when you kill the orcs but if you proceed to doing WFP turn ins it will lower your NFP guard faction. Also, none of that helps your Antonican Bard faction which is a big part of NFP (and many other NPCs around the world). I think you need to decide which is more important..NFP guards or militia (I don't think you can have both unless you just kill an ungodly amount of Orcs (with no turn ins).

I did a bunch of belt turn ins (like 70-80?) which raised my merchant faction and militia faction to non-KOS. I then tagged Lucan when he was being killed which put me instantly at apprehensive with NFP guards but back to KOS with militia (merchants unchanged). I then went to EFP tavern where you can find a bard who accepts 2gp "tip" and this raises your Antonican Bard/NFP guard faction (had a druid guildie pull to zoneline and used sneak to do turn ins). I turned in 70p to him 2gp at a time (yes it's a PITA). After doing those turn ins I was amiable with NFP guards and went from KOS to apprehensive with Antonican Bards. That basically gave me free reign in NFP (except bankers who are on a different faction so I still have to wall bank).

If I was doing this again I would change the order of what I did and do the bard turn-ins before tagging Lucan to make things easier. Hope that helps.

Lhancelot
10-13-2016, 12:25 PM
If you are raising militia faction with turn-ins you are lowering NFP paladin faction. I think the only time you raise both is when you kill the orcs but if you proceed to doing WFP turn ins it will lower your NFP guard faction. Also, none of that helps your Antonican Bard faction which is a big part of NFP (and many other NPCs around the world). I think you need to decide which is more important..NFP guards or militia (I don't think you can have both unless you just kill an ungodly amount of Orcs (with no turn ins).

I did a bunch of belt turn ins (like 70-80?) which raised my merchant faction and militia faction to non-KOS. I then tagged Lucan when he was being killed which put me instantly at apprehensive with NFP guards but back to KOS with militia (merchants unchanged). I then went to EFP tavern where you can find a bard who accepts 2gp "tip" and this raises your Antonican Bard/NFP guard faction (had a druid guildie pull to zoneline and used sneak to do turn ins). I turned in 70p to him 2gp at a time (yes it's a PITA). After doing those turn ins I was amiable with NFP guards and went from KOS to apprehensive with Antonican Bards. That basically gave me free reign in NFP (except bankers who are on a different faction so I still have to wall bank).

If I was doing this again I would change the order of what I did and do the bard turn-ins before tagging Lucan to make things easier. Hope that helps.

Yes, i had a lowbie necro and tagged Lucan when I seen him getting killed, instantly realized that was a mistake because my militia faction was wrecked. Aalderon told me that building NFP guards is easier than militia, so I deleted that toon and remade an iksar, and since then just been building militia and tradesfolk with pawn picks. I turned in a lot of belts too, but I will worry about NFP guards once i get my vendor faction up and militia faction up too. That's the route i thought to take anyway. Bard, and caster guilds I haven't even begun to figure that part out yet. :)

EQBallzz
10-13-2016, 12:32 PM
Yes, i had a lowbie necro and tagged Lucan when I seen him getting killed, instantly realized that was a mistake because my militia faction was wrecked. Aalderon told me that building NFP guards is easier than militia, so I deleted that toon and remade an iksar, and since then just been building militia and tradesfolk with pawn picks. I turned in a lot of belts too, but I will worry about NFP guards once i get my vendor faction up and militia faction up too. That's the route i thought to take anyway. Bard, and caster guilds I haven't even begun to figure that part out yet. :)

Use the bard in EFP tavern. It's a serious PITA turning in 2gp at a time but it does raise both bard and NFP guard faction with no negative faction hit (pretty sure). Aside from killing Orcs I don't know of another way to raise NFP guard faction without also lowering militia faction.

LordRayken
10-13-2016, 08:18 PM
I did tons of belts for the North Freeport guards, and then turned in 2gp at a time for like 2 hours straight to the bard. I'm apprehensive in the bank area now and dubious in the main freeport area now.

Aalderon Crystafire
10-13-2016, 10:24 PM
If you want all of Freeport you need to do it in a specific order--

Arcane Scientists --

Rat ears can be purchased infinitely off of vendors. Buy several stacks and go to Rephas in Qeynos Hills with wolf form. He can be found near the pond where Hadden is.

Turn in rat ears for:

Your faction standing with Arcane Scientists has been adjusted by 5.
Your faction standing with Knights of Truth has been adjusted by 1.
Your faction standing with Opal Dark Briar has been adjusted by -1.
Your faction standing with The Freeport Militia has been adjusted by -1.

THEN turn in the grilled rat ears he gives you back for the same hits!

You'll want to do this first since it lowers Freeport Militia. It isn't too bad though since it's a 5 gain and only a 1 loss. You'll also get a start on Knights of Truth this way.

Don't worry about Opal Dark Briar.

Dismal Rage

As a Necromancer, you should have a good class modifier for Dismal Rage -- I'm not sure if they welcome Iksars by default on P99 right now the way Bloodsabers do. If they are KOS skeleton form is all you'll need to change that.

Head down below East Freeport and find Xelha Nevagon the necromancer GM. Turn in 4 bone chips at a time for the following hits.

Your faction standing with Dismal Rage got better. +5
Your faction standing with Knights of Truth got worse. -1
Your faction standing with Opal Dark Briar got better. +1

This will start lowering your Knights of Truth again but the ratio of 5 gain to 1 loss is still quite good and we're going to take care of that afterwards anyway. You'll also fix whatever damage you did to Opal Dark Briar from rat ears. Only Opal Darkbriar (Dismal Rage Wizard Trainer) is on this faction.

Once you reach amiable you can also turn in fire beetle eyes x4 or spiderling silks x4 for double the gains.

Your faction standing with Dismal Rage got better. +10
Your faction standing with Knights of Truth got worse. -1
Your faction standing with Opal Dark Briar got better. +1

You'll want to get Dismal Rage up as high as you can before proceeding because you're going to need a buffer when you work up Priests of Marr.

Knights of Truth, Coalition of Tradefolk & Coalition of Tradefolk Underground

On a 'good' race alt head to the Ocean of Tears and make sure you have 8 empty 10-slot bags. Get off at Sister Isle and load up on kiola nuts - 80 of them. Now you can either take these to Tumpy Irontoe in Kaladim and give him 1 water flask + 1 nut to have him brew them into Tumpy Tonics or you can brew them yourself, have a friend brew them or hire someone to brew them for you.

Take your 80 Tumpy Tonics and head to the Seafarer's Roost at night in East Freeport with wolf form and turn them in 1 at a time to Groflah Steadirt for the following massive hits.

Your faction standing with Coalition of Tradefolk got better. +10
Your faction standing with Knights of Truth got better. +10
Your faction standing with Merchants of Qeynos got better. +7
Your faction standing with Coalition of Tradefolk Underground got better. +10

That's +800 faction to Merchants/Bankers, Knights of Truth, Rogue's guild and as a bonus +560 to Merchants of Qeynos -- from just one trip. If you have a porting alt who can bind in OOT and grab kiola nuts, port them out and dump them on a vendor for your main you can do that as well.

Once you're Amiable with Knights of Truth you're ready for..

Priests of Marr & Steel Warriors

Stock up bottles of milk and head over to West Commonlands. Find Mojax Hikspin who is usually sitting by the lake and start doing turn ins for the following hits.

Your faction standing with Dismal Rage has been adjusted by -1.
Your faction standing with The Freeport Militia has been adjusted by -1.
Your faction standing with Priests of Marr has been adjusted by 1.
Your faction standing with Steel Warriors has been adjusted by 1.

Mojax is usually sitting next to Skipynn Stoneshear who is on the Commons Residents faction. He's only level 6 so he should not attack you once he's a green con. The milk turn ins are one of those quests where it is 1 item per turn in but still allows you to turn in 4 at once.

Since it is a +/- 1 for all factions you'll need to go back and forth between these turn-ins and the Dismal Rage turn-ins -- this is why you wanted a buffer zone for your Dismal Rage faction. Fortunately, the Dismal Rage turn-ins are +5 or +10, and the Knights of Truth negative hits are directly countered by the milk -- while Priests of Marr and Steel Warriors will continue to raise. Freeport Militia will continue to dump so make sure you finish these factions off before proceeding.

The Freeport Militia

Really the easiest way to do raise Freeport Militia is by doing the Inert Potion as you can have a friend lure Slansin up near Toresian and then use hotkeys/target swap to keep doing turn-ins which will keep him there. I'd go into more details on this but since I'm assuming you haven't done Erudin factions already I'll give you the other options instead.

Gnoll/Orc Scalps from Highpass all turn in for +1 Freeport Militia with no negative hits.

Rebby's Whiskers which you get for delivering a note from Nestral TGaza in East Freeport to Rebby in West Freeport are tradeable, not lore, and stack - can be turned in to Nestral for the following hits.

Your faction standing with Coalition of Tradefolk Underground has been adjusted by 10
Your faction standing with Coalition of Tradefolk has been adjusted by 10
Your faction standing with Carson McCabe has been adjusted by 1
Your faction standing with Corrupt Qeynos Guards has been adjusted by 1
Your faction standing with The Freeport Militia has been adjusted by 1

That is probably your best bet. I suggest you farm the whiskers on another character who can bind/gate or a Bard.

Finally we come to my guild,

League of Antonican Bards

If you do any leveling in Mistmoore that alone should take care of us. If not, find Fabian in Grub n' Grog in East Freeport and do turn-ins of 2 gold for the following hits

Your faction standing with League of Antonican Bards has been adjusted by 2.
Your faction standing with Guards of Qeynos has been adjusted by 1.
Your faction standing with Ring of Scale has been adjusted by -1.
Your faction standing with Mayong Mistmoore has been adjusted by -1.

It's actually not at all difficult to do these turn-ins provided you use my guide for doing quick turn-ins. http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250704

Also, I have yet to test it but if it's anything like Lashun Novashine's turn-ins you can 'MQ' it by turning in heaps of gold at once, then doing single turn-ins of 1 copper at a time to get the hits. Mapping Left-Click to my keyboard I was able to do coin turn-ins by just alternating two key presses on my keyboard and with Lashun Novashine I set 'Hail' to the same bind as USE CENTER SCREEN so I never needed to chase him around either.

Lhancelot
10-14-2016, 12:22 AM

Arcane Scientists --

Rat ears can be purchased infinitely off of vendors. Buy several stacks and go to Rephas in Qeynos Hills with wolf form. He can be found near the pond where Hadden is.

Turn in rat ears for:

You'll want to do this first since it lowers Freeport Militia. It isn't too bad though since it's a 5 gain and only a 1 loss. You'll also get a start on Knights of Truth this way.

Dismal Rage

As a Necromancer, you should have a good class modifier for Dismal Rage -- I'm not sure if they welcome Iksars by default on P99 right now the way Bloodsabers do. If they are KOS skeleton form is all you'll need to change that.

Head down below East Freeport and find Xelha Nevagon the necromancer GM. Turn in 4 bone chips at a time for the following hits.

This will start lowering your Knights of Truth again but the ratio of 5 gain to 1 loss is still quite good and we're going to take care of that afterwards anyway. You'll also fix whatever damage you did to Opal Dark Briar from rat ears. Only Opal Darkbriar (Dismal Rage Wizard Trainer) is on this faction.

Once you reach amiable you can also turn in fire beetle eyes x4 or spiderling silks x4 for double the gains.

You'll want to get Dismal Rage up as high as you can before proceeding because you're going to need a buffer when you work up Priests of Marr.

On a 'good' race alt head to the Ocean of Tears and make sure you have 8 empty 10-slot bags. Get off at Sister Isle and load up on kiola nuts - 80 of them. Now you can either take these to Tumpy Irontoe in Kaladim and give him 1 water flask + 1 nut to have him brew them into Tumpy Tonics or you can brew them yourself, have a friend brew them or hire someone to brew them for you.

Take your 80 Tumpy Tonics and head to the Seafarer's Roost at night in East Freeport with wolf form and turn them in 1 at a time to Groflah Steadirt for the following massive hits.

That's +800 faction to Merchants/Bankers, Knights of Truth, Rogue's guild and as a bonus +560 to Merchants of Qeynos -- from just one trip. If you have a porting alt who can bind in OOT and grab kiola nuts, port them out and dump them on a vendor for your main you can do that as well.

Stock up bottles of milk and head over to West Commonlands. Find Mojax Hikspin who is usually sitting by the lake and start doing turn ins for the following hits.

Mojax is usually sitting next to Skipynn Stoneshear who is on the Commons Residents faction. He's only level 6 so he should not attack you once he's a green con. The milk turn ins are one of those quests where it is 1 item per turn in but still allows you to turn in 4 at once.

Since it is a +/- 1 for all factions you'll need to go back and forth between these turn-ins and the Dismal Rage turn-ins -- this is why you wanted a buffer zone for your Dismal Rage faction. Fortunately, the Dismal Rage turn-ins are +5 or +10, and the Knights of Truth negative hits are directly countered by the milk -- while Priests of Marr and Steel Warriors will continue to raise. Freeport Militia will continue to dump so make sure you finish these factions off before proceeding.

The Freeport Militia

Really the easiest way to do raise Freeport Militia is by doing the Inert Potion as you can have a friend lure Slansin up near Toresian and then use hotkeys/target swap to keep doing turn-ins which will keep him there. I'd go into more details on this but since I'm assuming you haven't done Erudin factions already I'll give you the other options instead.

Gnoll/Orc Scalps from Highpass all turn in for +1 Freeport Militia with no negative hits.

Rebby's Whiskers which you get for delivering a note from Nestral TGaza in East Freeport to Rebby in West Freeport are tradeable, not lore, and stack - can be turned in to Nestral for the following hits.

That is probably your best bet. I suggest you farm the whiskers on another character who can bind/gate or a Bard.

If you do any leveling in Mistmoore that alone should take care of us. If not, find Fabian in Grub n' Grog in East Freeport and do turn-ins of 2 gold for the following hits

It's actually not at all difficult to do these turn-ins provided you use my guide for doing quick turn-ins. http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250704

Also, I have yet to test it but if it's anything like Lashun Novashine's turn-ins you can 'MQ' it by turning in heaps of gold at once, then doing single turn-ins of 1 copper at a time to get the hits. Mapping Left-Click to my keyboard I was able to do coin turn-ins by just alternating two key presses on my keyboard and with Lashun Novashine I set 'Hail' to the same bind as USE CENTER SCREEN so I never needed to chase him around either.

Ok, that's a ton of information thanks a lot for compiling so much stuff! I don't know how long it took you to put that together, I appreciate it. I will check out your guide too. Thanks Aalderon!

Boyblunder
10-15-2016, 08:19 PM
Thanks for great post Aalderon, now I have something to do when I hit 60 :P

Swish
10-17-2016, 07:31 AM

My current path:
* Rat ears to Rephas in Qeynos Hills for FP caster guild faction if you can sneak turn-in or something similar (wolf form?) (lowers militia, but positive hits to caster guild are greater)
* Still turning in scalps in highpass for militia, but faster way is to get wolf form and turn in deathfist slashed belts (lowers NFP faction - just kill more orcs)
* Rebby's whiskers for coalition of tradefolk + illegal (bankers)(although the orc picks clearly work better)
* edit, forgot this one - turn in 2gp to Fabien in wolf form to reach non-KoS with Antonican bards

Rebby's whiskers is a looooong time investment, tried it on my red RZ bard...went 2 hours or so running back and forth with no faction tier gain. If you've got patience try and see how long it takes ^^

Swish
10-17-2016, 07:35 AM

Arcane Scientists --

Turn in rat ears for:

Dismal Rage

The Freeport Militia

Re: Priests of Marr/WC

You can't mez or CC the NPC there and get faction gains. I was kos on a character and gave it a try, not sure if wolf/skeleton/etc form works or not but its trickier than it should be.

Sorn
10-17-2016, 11:42 AM

You can't mez or CC the NPC there and get faction gains. I was kos on a character and gave it a try, not sure if wolf/skeleton/etc form works or not but its trickier than it should be.

Wolf form ought to work for Mojax, but if not, you should kill orcs to get non-KoS because he's on Knights of Truth faction.

thufir
10-17-2016, 12:16 PM

My current path:

This is more or less what I did with Grallos, minus the rat ears. Kill deathfist orcs, turn in scalps in highpass, do rebby's whisker quest over and over.

I also camped Mojax Hixspin for Freeport Militia faction before I started grinding orcs for the Knights of Truth, but I don't recommend this because it's long and boring and makes repairing that faction more difficult later on. Just do the scalp thing in Highpass.

For the bards, just go to Mistmoore in your 20s or 30s and don't leave until bards are apprehensive (this doesn't take very long). No need to do any quests.

Never did repair my faction with the clerics or the casters, but neither of those is necessary to have access to 90+% of Freeport along with most of the vendors. I can bank and sell without mishap in any of the Freeport zones, including the bottom tunnels, and that's enough for me.

Aalderon Crystafire
10-17-2016, 12:36 PM

I don't suggest mezzing or CCing anyone there. Mojax would already be brought up to amiable from the preceding section since he is on Knights of Truth. Skipynn next to him would likely be KOS but he's only level 6 so he shouldn't aggro.

With regards to mezzing, however...

I have yet to test it but I'm told that if the mezzer zones or gates out it removes combat status and you can then do a turn in provided you have someone to invisible you after putting the item in trade before hitting give... Like a Bard pulse invis.